bonus chapter | hangovers & birthdays

edited 10/04/2022

Your head was fucking killing you.

Katsuki's birthday party was last night, and he'd really made sure to go all out on the open bar. He'd turned twenty-nine and had twenty-nine shots to go along with it. 

You had no idea how the fuck he was still standing after the tenth. You'd shot back four and started to feel that familiar warmth in the back of your skull. The fact that Katsuki was the one who had to help you out of the restaurant at the end of the night pissed off your ego to no end, and you barely had one to begin with.

Squeezing your eyes shut after trying, and failing miserably to open them, a groan escaped you. Burying your face into your pillow, an arm around your middle pulling you closer to the person it was attached to. He nuzzled into you, and you felt his lips press against the spot that conjoined your shoulder to your neck.

The two of you almost always slept ninety-five percent naked, so all you had on was the underwear you'd put on last night while getting ready, and he was only in his boxers. His fingers brushed over your skin and the arm around your middle landed beneath your breast. It was his favorite spot on your body, where he could feel your heartbeat against his palm. It reassured him every single time that you were real, and that you were his.

With his nose pressed against your skin, he breathed you in. You smelled like your usual body wash, but the perfume you'd sprayed onto your skin the night before still lingered, a small smirk erupting onto Katsuki's face thinking about your dress from just twelve hours ago.

You groaned again, this time pain shooting through your lower abdomen as you brought your legs near your chest. The blonde behind you opened his eyes and pushed himself up with the arm that wasn't around you, brushing your hair from in front of your face to try and see what was going on.

"Hey, Kats?" You whispered, voice hoarse and painful to use as you tried to open your eyes once again, brows furrowing and eyes closing again as pain ripped through you.

He sat up as you buried your face into the pillow, the cramp coursing through your pelvis rendering you useless. The second day was always the worst, and getting drunk last night wasn't the brightest idea you've ever had. You thanked the gods it was Sunday, Katsuki didn't have to go to work and the daycare was closed on weekends. With your head pounding, you felt the back of Katsuki's hand on your forehead when you'd pulled it out of the pillow, bringing a hand to your eye to try and rub the sleep and hangover out.

"You're warm, you feelin' alright?" He asked you, his voice gentle, quiet.

"Other than the hangover and cramps, peachy." You said as you felt the dip from his spot in the bed go flat, opening your eyes slightly as he pulled the curtains shut, the room getting slightly darker as he blocked out the late morning light as the cramps decided they were done rampaging for now.

You watched him walk into the bathroom and close the door before turning on the light, trying to be considerate of the raging headache that decided that your brain would be it's favorite place to have a party this morning.

He sat back down on the other side of the bed in front of you, your water bottle in one hand as he pulled the bottle of pain meds out of the bedside drawer with the other. A calloused hand rested on your mid-thigh as you sat up, the light that peeked through the curtains illuminating the pair of crimson eyes on you.

Handing you two white pills and your water, you downed the pills and washed them into your stomach. Katsuki took back the water and set it back onto the bedside table, his hand still on the junction that connected your leg to your hip, fingers warm as they drew small circles into the skin beneath them.