10 | scars & exes

edited 10/03/2022

"You're not going back to work yet." Katsuki told you as you pulled his sweatshirt over your head. He'd pulled it off of his body after finding out Kendo hadn't packed you anything remotely warm. 

You'd fought him, telling him he needed it, and he argued back that he was fine. You tried to shove the hoodie back into his arms and he almost wrestled you into it, telling you he was fine, once again. 

His argument?

His heart had quite literally exploded.  If he could survive that, he could survive the cold for a few minutes. He'd won this one. 

"That's not your decision." You told him as you packed the bag of things Kendo had brought you last week.

Katsuki blew air between his lips, his face turning a slight shade of red as he tried to convince you not to go back to work yet. He knew you were right, and that the doctor had barely cleared you. 

"The doctor said no strenuous activity, or whatever bullshit he was spewing earlier." He said, his head turned away from looking at you as you continued to pack your things, almost finished as you turned away to grab the last items that sat on the bedside table, hearing footsteps and a few rustles before you turned back. He watched the snow fall outside of the window, and he felt his anxiety spike.

Your new(but you both didn't want anyone knowing, for now) boyfriend sat on the bed, hands in his lap as he chewed on his bottom lip, his head now bowed. You put your things in your bag and took his face in your hands, pulling his eyes up to meet yours. A half baked frown sat on his lips as you gazed into his crimson eyes. The red that was usually ablaze looked like a half baked bonfire that was fizzling out with the snow. 

"I know that, Katsuki. Yuuka already had a talk with the kids, and she told me that they'll try to be easy on me for the next few weeks. I'll be okay." You tried to soothe his thoughts, knowing that behind his cloudy and walled exterior, he worried.

He worried about you, oh Gods how he worried about you. He worried about his career, his agency, and when he'd be able to work again now that he put himself out for an extra two weeks. When he would finally be number one, and if he would feel like he deserved it. About Akemi and Kyauta, and if he would ever have his own kids.

His anxieties that had started to plague him midway through his first year at UA haunted him. The League of Villains, Camino, and every other incident he felt he had caused since starting his tenure becoming a hero. The thoughts that every hero has, and yet none of them talk about.

Hell, he even felt guilty for telling Midoriya to jump off the roof of a building when he was fourteen.

He'd told you all of this two days after you had woken up and everyone had visited. You had always wondered what made him so passionate, and what drove him. He told you all of this and broke down in your arms in the middle of your ICU room.

And, to top it all off, asked you out in the middle of you starting to cry after everything he had told you starting to sink in.

'So, sweetheart, you gonna take me on a fancy date to make up for tellin' ya all of this?' He asked you, a smirk gracing his lips after felt like an eternity of not seeing it, even though it was only two days since he had felt like he could joke with you(you had only woken up two days ago, by the way).

'Are you seriously asking me out right now?' You asked him in return as you felt his thumb grace your cheek, a chuckle escaping your lips as a rare smile eased itself onto his lips.