epilogue | paint & progress

NEW CHAPTER created 10/04/2022

oh look i finally finished rewriting this

"God, why did I do this to myself?" You asked, head on the dusty counter of your halfway renovated daycare space you'd bought, Katsuki chuckling as he finished painting the sage green onto the walls with the help of his friends. 

"Because I thought you could, and you can," He walked over to you after setting the large roller brush down, and pulled you in by the waist, pressing a kiss to your forehead, "You're gonna be great, sweetheart."

You hummed, and looked around. The paint was done, leaning your head on Katsuki's shoulder as he rubbed your arm. All that was left to do was get a few more new hires, figure out how payroll works, and get the furniture put in.

Not too much, right?

You didn't think so, since you'd thankfully been married the year before to the love of your life. Katsuki had proposed on your two year anniversary, in the middle of a cabin in the countryside where the two of you had been snowed in. 

It was perfect.

You'd almost asked him if he wanted to elope, but you knew he'd say yes and you have a mother-in-law and a gaggle of friends who you two considered family to deal with if that happened.  The two of you decided on a small wedding, and a week long honeymoon to a lesser known set of islands. 

What did you two do on this said honeymoon?

Nothing. Abso-fucking-lutely nothing.

You had just quit your beloved daycare job to start your search for your own daycare space, and that was going like a home run derby with a strikeout on every batter. Defeat felt imminent, and Katsuki hiring two brand new sidekicks a month before the wedding made you want to crash your head into a wall.

You two were drowning, but it's not like you didn't enjoy it. 

The both of you came home to each other after long days, and Katsuki kicked you out of the kitchen like he usually did so he could cook. Even after long days of hero work, he wanted to make sure you were both eating well and made sure you knew you were taken care of.

Five years of loving someone makes sure you're well fed. 

As you turned your head to look up at your husband, his crimson eyes landed on you. The first time he'd said he loved you, on your first date when his physical therapy was done after his battle with your ex, the same look was in his eyes. It still made your stomach dance with butterflies, and your heart skip a beat. 

Katsuki was more than you ever could have asked for, and more than you could have ever dreamed of. He was the best, although potty-mouthed and brash, he loved you with his whole heart unapologetically.

So you did, too.