14 | broken streets & dreaming

edited 10/04/2022

songs for this chapter:

1. trying my best - anson seabra
2. dancing with your ghost - sasha sloan
3. a little too much - shawn mendes
4. half a man - dean lewis

***

Katsuki, Second POV

He looked to Half and Half, who caught his eye across the street which had become a battlefield of broken rubble.

Todoroki knew when Bakugou was in trouble, which was almost never. If one of his sidekicks was this strong against the number seven hero, then something went bad. He stood from leaning against the brick wall and Bakugou gave him a small nod, his crimson eyes filled with desperation pleading to his former classmate's two toned.

He told his sidekicks to stay behind, he'd only brought two and he'd brought his two strongest. They'd been on eight o' clock patrol in the next block over when they'd heard the familiar booms of Bakugou's quirk. 

The sidekicks had called in recognizing the sound of the blasts as Dynamight's and panicking. Most higher-up heroes and sidekicks knew Dynamight was on leave, but almost no one knew why. The 'vacation' was supposed to last at least a few more weeks, and here the brash blonde was, fighting his own sidekick.

They'd ran through a few alleyways to find the two heroes in the middle of the air, seeming as if Dynamight having the upper hand for a few minutes until Argo landed a big hit in the middle of his chest.

From Todoroki's perspective, it definitely broke a few ribs and now he was fighting through pain the adrenaline didn't mask. At the time Todoroki got there, other heroes were starting to arrive, and tried to jump in, to which Bakugou screamed at them as he took another hit.

"Stay back, do you all hear me?!" He yelled into the streets, stopping every hero that was about to jump into the fray, leaving them to stand and watch. "This is my fight! I'll ask for help if I need it!"

They continued their match, and helicopters started to show up, along with more people. More people meant more danger, and more danger meant more news channels. It was only a matter of time before she would turn on her television and find out what was going on.

What no one heard until around a half hour later, though, was the conversation that had been going on between the two the entire time.

Bakugou was about to blast the stun grenade, but before he got the chance Argo lept from the side of one of the buildings that was closest to him and jumped, flying through the air faster than Katsuki could comprehend, throwing his judgement off as well as his finger from the trigger.

This wasn't the same Argo from training earlier that week.

He had different skills that were years ahead of what he had shown in the training gym on Thursday, that's why Katsuki had moved him into the ranks of his sidekicks from just being an intern. He showed promise, and Katsuki thought he might be able to be in the Top 20 one day.

The Argo here, battling him and beating him to a pulp at the moment was not the same twenty year old intern that had arrived from Shiketsu High two years prior, barely getting past Ground Zero's intern exam before he was able to start training with a sidekick.

He was not the same kid who was training to try and be the best hero for his girlfriend, Argo had told him once. Argo had said several times over that he was going to be the best he could for his family, and maybe he'd be able to afford his girlfriend the dog she wanted soon. Christmas was coming up after all.