8 | families & false news articles

edited 5/10/2022

You head was spinning.

And not in the nauseous, you're going to puke kind of way(well, maybe a little).

You are shitting me right now.

"Kats-"

"Dynamight, sir, there's something you need to see." An intern rushed in, goggles hanging from her neck, hair down to her knees.

"Dammit." Katsuki said, pushing himself up from the couch, scowl on his face, the moment ruined.

You stayed rooted to your spot on the seat underneath you, your mind still swirling with what Katsuki had said to you only thirty seconds before. You were barely processing what was going on around you, error 404 subjecting your mind to replaying his words in your mind.

'I didn't until I met you.'

A growl emitted from Katsuki, pulling you from the thoughts that were burying you. You pulled yourself from the couch and tried to look at the tablet Katsuki was engrossed in. He was scrolling through the page, but the title still at the top of the screen caught your attention.

In glaring bold letters was the evidence that you two had crossed paths on your way to work. 

'Dynamight and His Latest Rendezvous! Is This Why He Hasn't Been Working?'

Katsuki had stopped the intern, iPad in his hands. On the screen sat a picture of you two from that morning on the train, your head resting against his shoulder as you'd been snuggled into him, playing your game while he stared at the screen. His cheek pressed up against your forehead as his hand stayed around your clothed waist.

Well this was incriminating.

A small smile played on Katsuki's lips as you intently focused on your game, an intense look in your eyes as the moves made on your screen were completely irrelevant to what was going on now, even though five hours ago it seemed like the most important thing on this planet. 

This picture made it look like you were a normal couple on your way to work that morning, and that this was nothing out of the ordinary. Like this was an everyday occurrence, and his significant other had no trouble dealing with his status as the seventh hero.

His eyes flitted over to your frame, where your arms had folded over your chest, a subconscious countermeasure to try and protect yourself from incoming danger. He was concerned, and worried that you might not be okay with the sudden attention might be on your when you left his agency.

At that moment, the most important thing on this planet was what the fuck you were going to do when you left the agency, and as you prayed to every single possible god on heaven and earth, Katsuki brought you back to it.

Your breathing bottomed out from beneath your feet, and you were suddenly out of air.

"Y/N!" He said, shaking your shoulder as he snapped you back to reality.

You weren't able to speak, your eyes rising to meet his, your breathing, you realized had become quick, ragged and fast paced. The words were stuck in your throat and you couldn't think of the right ones to use.

You'd almost had a panic attack in front of Katsuki.

"Five things you can see." He said, holding your face gently in his hands as he tried to get you to calm down looking into your frantic eyes.

"Y-You, t-the couch, a tree.. y-your desk, a-and t-the door." You said, your breath hitching on almost every word as you tried to gather yourself.

It was kind of working.