18 | learning & loving

edited 10/04/2022

song: 
give me love - ed sheeran

if u know the band reference to the title of this chapter u get brownie points

***

"My lease isn't up for another five months, Kats. I can't just back out-" 

"Then I'll move in with you. My landlord said I can move out at any time-"

"You have a nice house on the other side of town! We can move in there when my lease it up."

"I'll sell the house."

"Do you see how small this damn place is? I could barely fit my couch through the doorway when I first bought it." You said, throwing yourself onto the said couch and breathing out rather dramatically, earning an eye roll from your blonde boyfriend.

"It's big enough for just the two of us." Katsuki said, flopping on top of you and resting his head on your chest, listening to your heartbeat and you tangled your fingers into his spiky hair.

"You're here half of the time anyway." You said, grumbling and admitting defeat.

Katsuki propped himself on his elbows and forearms, his fingers drawing shapes that didn't resemble anything into the space below your armpits. Your hands travelled down to his jaw, maneuvering a throw pillow underneath your head and leaning back. His ruby red irises were as bright as ever.

He leaned down and kissed you, his soft lips pulling yours in so easily. It was crazy that you two still had so much chemistry after a year and a half, but maybe your trust issues stemming from your parent's past marriage and Ryu snapping what little you'd had in half made it crazy to you and you only.

The now number four hero knew he'd have to take his time to build it back up, and it made you love him more. After his battle with Argo you spent as much time with him as his and your work would allow.

He worked on himself and how to love you, always making sure he was there for you when you needed it. 

The stolen kisses in his office on late nights and when he came to pick you up after work meant more to you than he'd ever know. Ryu almost never kissed you when you got home from work, late or not, so the affection Katsuki showed you behind closed doors, it meant all the more to you than he'd ever know. 

Laying on the couch with him, you felt his breathing start to slow as his head rested on your chest, listening to the slow rhythm of your heartbeat. You drew small circles into his shoulder blades with one hand while the other hand ran through his scalp.

This was was happiness felt like. And boy, did it feel good.