2 | supermarkets & kendo

WARNING: this chapter is a lot. it deals with themes of abuse(not graphic), gaslighting, and guilt tripping. you have been warned, but to note that your past with abuse will play into your future relationship. 

edited 3/26/2022

God, he was heavy. And he hasn't shaved. His stubble hurts and I'm not even in the mood-

"Hey, you feeling okay?" You were pulled from your thoughts, Ryu's eyes now on yours and his mouth no longer on your bare chest. Two hickeys already lined the skin of your collarbone, and a grimace was enough to have the sweet man in front of you faltering his act.

"Ryu, I really don't feel like it tonight. I'm tired and-"

"You never want to do it lately anyway, what's the fucking difference?" Your boyfriend said lowly, getting off from on top of you, his lips spread into a thin line.

There was no goodnight, no apology. This was the new normal you'd been dealing with lately, and it constantly felt like Ryu was on the first day of his period.

He turned his body in the bed you shared with him, away from you and turned off the lamp next to the bed. Not a word was spoken, the world around you enveloped into darkness.

You were alone in your own thoughts, thinking back to the last time you had let him go further than you had tonight. You hadn't had sex in three weeks for one sole reason: he hadn't worn a condom. And you hadn't found out until after he'd came and pulled out of you.

"You're leaving the condom on?" You asked him slowly with worry dripping from your voice, almost predicting the words he would say next.

"Condom?" He asked, confused. Shock, and then anger filled your chest. You grabbed the sweater you'd haphazardly thrown to the end of the bed and pulled a pair of panties on as Ryu watched you silently, sitting up against the back of the bed.

Your hands found the edge of the bedframe and held on, leaning forward with your head hung. Your chest felt hot, your face felt hot, you felt hot. You wanted to yell and scream and hurt Ryu worse than he'd ever hurt you, and when you looked up at him you didn't know what to say.

Tears streamed down your face. His face held no emotion as he stared at you. 

"What's your fucking problem?" He more demanded than asked. You knew he didn't know about the absent birth control, and his absent feelings.

"What's my fucking problem?! My fucking problem is that you constantly tell me that you don't want kids, and then you decide not to wear a condom. Don't fucking tell me-"

"You're on birth control! You have been for two and a half years!" He was yelling like you and had sat upright, no longer leaning against the back of the bedframe.

"Maybe if you bothered to check on me every once in a while, you'd know that I got off it it two months ago." The seething rage was easy to pick up from then tone of your voice, a five year old could feel the tension in the room better than him.

"How the hell is it my fault you didn't bother to tell me to wear a condom?"

"Sorry I thought maybe our agreement to wear a condom wouldn't be so difficult for you to fathom. Unlike you, I don't sleep around while I'm in a committed relationship."

"Who the fuck said I slept around, Y/N? Huh?! Because the only person who seems to think that is you." He was standing now and you were still leaning with your hands on the end of the bedframe. You felt sick to your stomach.