1 | kyauta & akemi

edit as of 06/17/2021: i don't want people questioning why i made certain decisions in this story. yes, bakugou is the number seven hero. i'm tired of deleting comments that say that 'i think of him as number 1😝' and 'he deserves better😩'. please respect my work and what i made, there's a reason he's not in the top three, so please just read the rest of the with an open mind. you'll get to why he's number seven later. i love writing and seeing that people like my work, but please understand that there is a person behind the story and she'd like to be respected. thanks. enjoy.

***

 edited 03/14/2022

***

Having kids had always been in the back of your mind, especially working at a daycare for three years the day after you had turned seventeen.

You'd gotten into the hero course in your small town just outside of Hosu City, and were in turn, able to control your quirk better around people. It had always had a mind of its own, and you hadn't wanted to become a big hero, just one that was able to protect your city.

The fifth job of your entire hero career put you out of work forever. Decommissioned for life, you'd decided to move to Musutafu, and an offer job for a daycare that was known taking care of Japan's current top heroes was quickly put on the table. 

You gladly took the job, knowing all too well the god awful feeling of not knowing whether or not your parents would come to the daycare when you were supposed to be. Sometimes it was dark by the time your mom had finally pulled into the drive with her beat up blue sedan.

Said job came with its' pros and cons, cons mostly being late nights and some extremely early mornings you'd been called in when a pro needed to work or was on call. You never cared, you understood just how important heroes were to society after the Paranormal Liberation War and the final fight with the League. 

The pros were that the kids, in turn, loved you to death. They totally loved it when you would read them bedtime stories on a late night when their parents were out on patrols, and had all piled into the corner of the daycare room on a bunch of blankets and pillows. You always had one or two kids snuggled under your arms, sometimes one in your lap, and the others all tangled up with each other around you.

It filled the void of not being able to be a hero anymore, the depressive thoughts and anxiety attacks getting easier to deal with as you found your footing in your new life. It helped, and it was nice to have a routine again.

You were happy you could give these kids a home away from home, you understood the feeling of being lost more than most, and didn't want these young hearts to feel the same. So you learned everything about them, to who their favorite hero was(which was most of the time Deku), what they liked to eat, or what their favorite candy was so you could surprise them every other Thursday with a candy bowl, and so on.

The kids talked to you about anything and everything, and you absolutely loved it. You didn't hesitate to join into their conversations with as much enthusiasm as they had, and it made for some great story telling when you went to family gatherings.

So the day Dynamight walked into the daycare after you had just finished your nightly story time, thirteen kids piled around you asleep, you didn't expect him to be so sweet.

***

"Hiromi! Juya! You can play with the dolls tomorrow, it's story time!" You said, the two girls, daughters of pro heroes Froppy and Earphone Jack, looking at each other before dropping the dolls and grabbing their favorite blankets from the pile next to your desk and running over the the pile of kids already around you. Kestu, daughter of your best friend Kendo, was already under your arm, her head on your lap as you ran a hand through her pumpkin colored hair.