bonus chapter | panic and proposals

hi hi hi! i know it's been a hot minute since i've been here, but i wanted to get back to writing about the dumb hothead chihuahua, even if it is only for a cute little bonus chapter. as you can see by how long this is, you can also probably tell that my writing has improved drastically since i first wrote this entire thing. the dress above is the dress you're supposed to be wearing when katsuki asks you to wear a yellow dress. pictures describing what you ordered at lunch are at the end. i also wanted to (shamefully) plug my new Iida fanfic, you can find it it my profile. enjoy!

Katsuki Bakugou did not panic. Ever.

So it's safe to say when the panic bubbles started gurgling in his stomach the morning of his surprise proposal, he didn't know what to do.

Sure, he'd had his fair share of panic attacks, anxiety attacks, and gotten prescribed his fair share of sleep medications over the years to help him sleep. But this? This was different.

As he shimmied out of your arms that morning, pressing a kiss to your forehead as you stirred and rolled over away from him and giving him an out, he silently praised whatever god had given him this opportunity and ran with it. 

Today was going to count.

He'd had it planned for months, but had only called Kendo last month to say that his plan was a go and it would happen soon. Sooner than he thought. 

He thought he might puke as he walked from the bedroom to your shared bathroom and looked at himself. His hair was a mess and there were bags under his eyes from not getting an ounce of sleep the night before (thank you anxiety!). He leaned his hands against the counter, looked himself in the eyes, and told himself one thing:

"If shitty hair can do it, so can you."

He splashed water in his face to wake himself up a little more and fixed his hair so it wasn't so explosive. He walked out of the bathroom to find you still sound asleep, still beautiful, and still his girlfriend.

That title would change after today.

He walked over to his chest of drawers and pulled on a simple pair of slacks, a v-neck black sweater, and shoved on his sneakers. He fished around in the back of his boxer drawer for the red velvet box he'd kept there for over a year and shoved it deep into his pocket and breathed out a breath he didn't know he was holding. 

He just needed to say goodbye to you before he left.

Waking you up was something that monster hunters didn't want to do, let alone your own boyfriend. He knew that waking you up in the morning before the third time you hit snooze was an idea that some drunken sailor wouldn't even try. You were a beast in the mornings if you didn't get enough sleep.

A sigh left him as he walked over to your side of the bed and sat in the crook you'd made between your legs and stomach. His hand found your side and he pressed a kiss into your temple. Stirring, you brought your hand up to your eyes and groaned.

"Hnnm.."

"Wanna meet me for lunch later? I have some stuff to take care of at the agency." He brushed some hair away from your forehead as you rolled on your back a little.

"I thought you took care of that yesterday." You told him, eyebrows scrunched as you ran a hand up and down his arm.

"Intern did some of his shit wrong so I gotta go bust his ass and redo it. I'll make it up to you over lunch though." He told you as you smiled and shook your head a little.

"You better. Where are we going?" You asked as you pushed yourself up onto your forearms and pressed your lips to his.

"You'll see. Wear that yellow dress you like, 'kay?" He said and you rolled your eyes, pulling him back in for another kiss.