5 | number 7 hero & injuries

edited 04/12/2022

A week had passed since 'finding out' the news that your new acquaintance was the number 7 overall hero, but nothing had changed between the two of you.

He still came to pick up Red Riot's kids every night right after story time ended, but now starting to stay for a few minutes to talk to you. It was nice talking to someone other than your coworkers or a bunch of kids all the time. Kendo was great, but she was busy and you didn't feel like bothering her. She'd just started her own agency and she seemed stressed out more than ever.

What was different though, was when Uravity, the number twelve rescue hero, asked you to coffee with her and her friends on a Thursday morning after dropping off her kids at the daycare.

You had already been slammed with an extra moody Fumi, a cranky Nagatsuki whom you were currently trying to calm down, and an overall chaotic atmosphere in the room of the daycare you were assigned. Hiromi and Juya had had a fight over their dolls the day before, so they weren't speaking. Cherry on the fucking top, if you said so yourself.

"I don't know, Uraraka. The kids are crazy today and I-" 

"Let someone else take care of them! I know you love them like your own but you have to take a day off every once in a while. You can't be their hero if you aren't your own first." She said, motioning for Taigo to go play while she handed you Sorako, a small two year old who, much like his father, was very clingy. He'd been babbling about wanting a hug from you since he wobbled through the door.

"I'll think about it, okay? Now go, do your cool hero work." You said while pushing her out of the door, both of you giggling as you closed the door with your free hand.

The day seemed to drag on, one of the roughest days in a while with everything that was going on with the kids. There was something in the air and you were suffocating on it.

When story time came around, you agreed to read another chapter of Harry Potter, something the kids couldn't get enough of lately, but what you hadn't realized was that after you finished reading the chapter, with the kids asleep and piled around you as always, you started to drift off.

You were only awoken when you felt a warm hand on your cheek, opening your eyes to find them burning into crimson ones, slight panic showing through them.

"You okay?" Bakugou asked, his hand not leaving your face as you rubbed an eye, blinking yourself awake and looking around, the clock on the wall reading twelve past ten.

"Yeah, just exhausted." You said, yawning as his hand slipped from your face, standing up from his kneeling position, careful of the kids sleeping around him.

He took your hand and helped you up, there weren't any kids on your lap or sleeping on you, so this was an easier task than it usually would have been. He led you to your desk and you sat on the top of it, crossing your legs and sighing, finally locking eyes with him again.

"Hey, Bakugou-"

"It's Katsuki." He cut you off, his eyes not leaving yours, a softness to them. That was sudden.

"O-Okay." You stammered, not expecting the ash blonde in front of you to tell you to call him by his first name, "If you don't mind me asking, it's probably personal anyway and I shouldn't be asking this but-"

"You're rambling." He said, his hand on your knee, making you suck in a breath.

"Sorry. I was just wondering what happened? I remember hearing about that battle that you were in a little over a month ago and you haven't been on the news lately. Or involved in any major hero work." You said, looking down at your twiddling thumbs in your lap. You'd been wanting to ask him ever since you found out he was Dynamight.