13 | lunch breaks & someones

NEW CHAPTER created 10/04/2022

katsuki

I usually wonder if my decision making has cost me something. 

I'll never know what it's cost me, but it always felt like I lost as soon as I stepped into her old apartment. 

The apartment felt cold, devoid of any life whatsoever. Pictures of the two of them didn't exist anywhere, and from what I knew about her, this wasn't her home anymore. It felt like it never was. 

Maybe it cost me a few months of hero work when I told Argo was fired. Him coming after me and following the two of us back to her apartment after I'd walked her home. Feeling like my arms were going to fall off when I'd looked over to Half-and-Half for help.

Ten years ago I would have rather died than ask for help.

Then again, ten years ago I didn't have a girl waiting for me to text her I was back at my own place. I didn't have someone I wanted to text when I got home, call as soon as I woke up in the morning, and tell every single minute detail of my day to when I got free time during my legally required lunch break. 

There was a pretty good chance I wouldn't ever be able to work again. My arms felt like they'd been shattered like Deku's when we were younger, and I'd stopped sweating a while ago. Maybe I would be able to work again, but I would have to take more time off than my physical therapist originally recommended when I'd been put on medical leave the first time.

I thought to myself, as I saw ice flying through the air, I think I'll actually follow through this time. 

I have someone to be there for now. 

I hope she didn't see any of this.