6 | parent's day & talent shows

The kiss was the only thing on your mind the next morning, you could barely sleep.

Katsuki Bakugou, Dynamight, had kissed you.

Holy shit.

Holy mother of fu-

"Miss Y/N! Mommy's here!" You heard Taigo yell as Uraraka strolled in, Deku right behind her with his hero costume on. You had asked all of the parents to wear them, since all of the kids had asked if they could wear the ones that Creati had made them, all of them modeled somewhat after their parents or their current favorite hero's costume.

"Hey, guys! Glad you could make it!" You said, shaking Deku's hand and pulling Uraraka in for a hug.

"Are you still down for that coffee date Sunday? I think we have some stuff to catch up on." She said, winking after she looked over to Bakugou, who was at the center of attention in a circle made up of six of the thirteen kids, showing them his explosions. You'd only let him after he had promised he wouldn't blow up the place.

"And what exactly would we be catching up on?" You asked, treading the waters carefully as to see whether or not she could tell that there was something going on between you and Bakugou.

"We haven't had a chance to catch up for a while, Y/N! It'll be fun." She said, practically begging at that point

"I'll be there." You told her, elbowing her in the side as she laughed.

Uraraka squeezed your arm, Sorako finding his way from the other end of the room over to his mother, pulling on her hero costume before she picked him up. He waved to you like he did with everyone, Uraraka turning away from you to talk to her husband as you turned to the door to greet Kirishima walking in, Akemi immediately running towards him.

He picked her up with ease, airplaning her above his head before her set her on his hip.

"What's up, shortcake?" He asked, tickling his daughter's side as she giggled, burying her face into her father's shoulder.

"She made a painting for you yesterday, if you want to go see?" You said, piquing the small girls attention as she bounced in her father's embrace, pointing to the wall opposite to where Kirishima had entered the room.

It was a painting of you and the kids, with an added detail you hadn't noticed the previous day when you'd absentmindedly hung it on the art board.

You were in the back, but so was Bakugou. It was like he had become apart of your family you had built at the daycare.

Wait, family? 

Okiko, the shy child she was, pulled on your long skirt, getting your attention wordlessly.

"Huh? Oh, what's up, Okiko?" You said, bending your knees to get down to her level, brushing your hands over your skirt as you knelt.

"It's time for the talent show to start." She said, looking over to the crowd of twenty-some parents that had gathered on the pillows on the floor, in front of the makeshift stage you and the kids had spent a few days making.

"You're up first then, girlfriend. Go kill it up there." You said, ruffling her hair and extending back up to your full height before walking over to the light switches.

You turned down the lights and the designated light man, rather self-designated, Taigo turned on the spotlight you had made with some old bulbs and a can, watching as Okiko took the stage before grabbing Yuri, Juya, Raama, and Hiromi.

Juya and Raama had both inherited Kaminari's quirk, but had more control to it since they had also inherited a mutation of their mother's quirk. So, after Okiko put on a comedy show with her multiple mouths that sprouted from her arms, the two made a painting with the lighting they were able to create, the lights that were on in the back of the room flickering slightly, but you didn't mind.

Hiromi was next, showing off how she was able to hang from the ceiling with her feet. You could see Iida, still 'class rep' as always, practically falling apart. You knew this as you heard the many tales of times at UA from Uraraka, Kirishima, and Katsuki.

Yuri was last, running around everyone and creating a small tornado with the engines on his calves, finishing on the stage by spinning in a circle by using the ones on his elbows. His father was mesmerized, and you his smile stretched from ear to ear.

You were beaming from ear to ear, turning on the lights and joining the whoops and cheers, everyone clapping for the four kids as they all got back on stage, bowing and jumping from the stage to their parents.

"Miss Y/N! You should go on stage too!" You heard Akemi say from Kirishima's lap, your smile faltering slightly as all the parents looked at you.

"I'm okay, Akemi. Besides, this was your show, for your parents."

"But you helped us! You built the stage and everything!" She pouted, a sigh escaping your lips as you walked up to her.

You crouched down to her level and held her face, just like you did to her every time she got riled up.

"I don't need to, okay, honey? Watching you all help each other out this week was plenty for me." You said, watching the words sink into her brain before she nodded, crumpling into her father's hold, both of you laughing.

"We really do appreciate everything you do, truly." You heard Jirou say, grabbing your attention as she smoothed out Raama's pants, which looked way too similar to his dad's.

"I-It's really no problem, seriously-" You tried to start, but were cut off by another voice.

"Y/N, you do more for these kids than any other daycare nanny I've ever met. You get paid to do the bare minimum but you go above and beyond. On behalf of everyone here, we've already had a ceremony in your name scheduled for tomorrow. We all hope you can attend." Uraraka said, catching you completely off guard.

A ceremony? For you? Now that was completely insane, plus-

"It's scheduled for after you all visit the agency tomorrow, in All Might Gardens." Bakugou cut off your thoughts, your head snapping to him, smiles on everyone's faces, save for a half baked glare on his.

"I, uh.. How do I thank you guys?" You asked, breathless, taking a seat on one of the pillows.

"You already have, Y/N. By taking care of these kids every day and days like these, that's all the thanks we need." You heard Tsuyu say, tears starting to well up in your eyes.

All you did was nod, picking at the fraying hem of your skirt, tears pricking at the corners of your eyes, threatening to fall.

The kids noticed and all went over to hug you in a big dog pile, the tears finally falling.

"We love you, Miss Y/N!"