11 | argo & dynamight

edited 10/03/2022

'So, Amajiki. You still goin' out with that one girl?' 

'N-Nah. She was way too cool for me.' He stutters, making your sigh turn into a giggle as he stared down into his jet black coffee.

He had liked it that was when you two had become friends after a mission you had been on as an intern during your first year of high school, he was already graduated and in the top 200.

You always knew he'd get to a higher spot than that.

So, when he made fifth overall hero in the first half of your twenty-fifth year, merely four months ago, a huge(gargantuan) party was thrown for him. Even though he'd always said he hated parties, he loved that he was the one being celebrated(secretly)

The best thing was, he wasn't completely startled when everyone popped up from behind the couches and countertops in his home, and a smile was plastered across his face.

He'd made a lot of progress in the lifetime years you'd known him.

He was still ass at dating though, and almost every girl you had set him up with was 'too cool' for him.

Who the hell is too cool for the number five hero?

'Shaddup, Tama. No one is ever too cool for you.' You heard Nejire say as she walked up behind him, handing you your muffin and iced coffee from across the table before she sat down next to Amajiki.

'Your cousin is kind of an idiot.'  Ryu whispered in your ear, masking it as a kiss to your cheek, earning a grimace from you. You ignored him, turning to Eri who sat beside you.

The fifteen year old sat at the table with you guys, staring out of the window and watching the news station recap the latest villain that Deku had just defeated earlier that day.

'You ready for the entrance exams, girl?' You asked her, snapping out the girl of her daze with a ruffle of her hair, a smile gracing her face.

'Totally! Dad said I wouldn't have a hard time.' She said, her bright smile showing through and making you smile yourself.

You thought back to the short time you were a hero. They were fond memories, even though they were few.

You hoped she turned out to be a great one.

***

"Hey, boss." Ryu said, stunning you in the spot you stood in your old apartment.

"You solve that case yet?"

"Which one? Mysterious sports drink heist or the new League?" He said, setting his bag down onto the sofa and sitting down, intentionally inviting you two to sit down, which neither of you took to. Ryu's arrogance made the room feel like it was closing in on you. 

"League, dumbass. Anything new I need to know about?" Katsuki said, grimacing at his sidekick as the other smirked.

"Just that we found the location of a bunker where they have High Ends. Raid on Friday." Ryu said as he got up and walked past you to the kitchen, bumping you on the shoulder on the way, turning you to look at him, green eyes no longer glancing back at you. Your stomach was in knots and you wanted to get the hell out.

God , you wished Katsuki could mind read sometimes. 

Ryu started to make coffee, something he had always done after work. You had always found it weird, but you never minded.

You tried to tune out their conversation, Ryu's voice causing your heart rate to go up by more than a few beats per minute. You pulled out your phone and leaned against the front door as the two talked, trying to focus on the smell of burnt sugar and sandalwood hitting the back of your nose as you pulled up Katsuki's hoodie to your nose, hiking it up enough to have it stay there.

On the other hand, as Katsuki talked with his sidekick over pot coffee, his eyes drifted over to you. Your hair had fallen in front of your face in pieces, watching as you brushed a piece back behind your ear.

He thought you were gorgeous.

Ryu saw the way Katsuki's stare lingered, and his gaze towards you turned dark.

Ryu remembered how in love with you he was when you two were friends ages ago. He'd had a crush on you when he'd met you as a freshman, he a junior in college.

He'd had a huge crush on you from the moment you'd met. 

You all had gone out for drinks with your friends group, and you two had been sat next to each other at the bar. So, you started talking, and the night ended with him coming over to your place, and waking up to him getting dressed for work the next day.

So he finally got the guts to ask you out after you two had slept together. How romantic.

What you didn't like, though, was how you had to keep it quiet for a year. It could have 'ruined his chances' at getting a job at a good agency if he has any 'distractions', he said. You called bullshit, but didn't care enough. Having him was enough, even if it was a secret.

But your thoughts always went back to him hitting you for the first time after a frat party your sophomore year in college. A guy had cornered you when you were buzzed beyond belief, no idea how the fuck this random blonde man had you pressed against the wall while he pressed you with questions about your virginity.

Ryu obviously beat him to a pulp, considering he was a senior and pretty notable for protecting his best friend. That's all you had been at the time. And all Ryu had done was slap you pretty fucking hard across the cheek. He told you it was to learn your place, and that  you shouldn't be that close to men who aren't him.

Despite this, no one ever discusses how manipulative he might be. 

Your breathing was starting to get slightly faster, something Katsuki picked up on immediately, Ryu didn't even notice his slight change in demeanor when he realized what was going on. He was never in tune with you enough to notice when you were upset, truly excited about something or frustrated. He was always 'busy' with his hero work, when in reality he was busy screwing other women he had no idea the names of.

Katsuki set his coffee mug down, barely drank because he only liked his coffee bitter and black, and this blend was disgusting as all hell. He left the counter in the middle of a sentence his sidekick(former now in his head) was saying and turned to find a tear falling onto your phone screen.

He could feel your panic from across the room, and he knew you wouldn't be able to walk down the stairs without having the possibility of falling down them.

He strode over and buried your head into his chest and opened the door to the apartment complex hallway. He lifted you up slightly so that your head was now on his shoulder and felt your arms wrap around his neck, your legs doing the same to his waist.

He walked out and felt a dampness on his shoulder, the hold around your waist growing slightly tighter as he turned to tell Ryu one last thing.

"Touch any of her stuff and you're fucking dead. You're fired, Argo."