Amaya meets Atul 😬

"Jerk", Amaya muttered under her breath as she closed her eyes and huffed in irritation.

After a hectic day at work, she was sitting in Nature's Lap, her favourite restaurant, looking idly at the people enjoying their evening merrily as she waited for Atul, her prospective groom.

Working with Novartis as a senior marketing consultant, Amaya was a beautiful woman in her early thirties. Having pursued her education from the eminent institutions of India, she had grabbed the job at the leading pharmaceutical giant ten years ago. Today, she was indeed, an independent professional inspiring everyone at her workplace.

Living a perfect life that others' dreamt of, Amaya had been lately upset with her parents who were constantly nagging her to get married since last six years. It was her routine to meet the prospective grooms almost every month and she was clearly pissed off.

Being average in her looks, Amaya earned a six figure salary which was primarily the reason usually boys met her. With a dusky complexion, short height along with clear ideas of future, guys often did not find Amaya, an ideal candidate to be a typical wife.

Amaya chuckled as she sipped her coffee as she remembered the conversation she had with Rahul, the guy she had met last time. Rahul, who was a Software Engineer by profession seemed to be a simple guy with a huge belly and chubby face until he rejected Amaya for marriage saying,

"Mumma, I can't marry this girl because she is too outspoken, fat and ugly".

Though Amaya was not perfectly slim like a model or fair like a Bollywood actress, she was attractive. She had put on a little bit of weight which suited her body structure. At her workplace, she had an admirable aura and a charismatic personality.

Unfortunately for an arranged marriage, people looked upon her dusky complexion instead of her dark brown, expressive eyes which were truly mesmerizing. The guys she had met till now were shallow to have not noticed her jovial nature, caring attitude and maturity that was needed for good companionship in life.

As the clock struck at 5:30, Amaya, who was experiencing a whirlpool of emotions, was beyond irritated. She had been waiting for last thirty minutes for another idiotic guy to turn up and reject her while His Highness was nowhere to be found. Initially Amaya had thought that it would be rude if she ordered for herself so she had turned down the waiter when he approached her once but for the second time, she found it rude to turn him down. She could not help but relish upon her piping hot cappuccino after a tiresome day at work.

Finishing her coffee, she decided to go back home and finally get a chance to reject a guy herself when her phone rang. Scowling, she received the call muttering profanities looking at the caller ID in her mind and spoke sternly, "Hello".

"Hi Amaya, sorry to have kept you waiting. I was occupied in the Audit. I will reach there in five minutes. Thanks for your patience." Atul spoke from the other side robotically and Amaya couldn't help but chuckle before disconnecting the call. A smile crept on her heart-shaped lips as she made up her mind to have some fun on the expense of her new prospective groom.

On the other hand, Atul was true to his word. Audit of a commercial bank had kept him busy. It was the month of March and the Chartered Accountants were hell busy in the annual audits of the business firms and other financial institutions. While he had been checking the financial records, he had lost the track of time until one of his colleagues reminded him that he had a personal commitment and he should leave.

Atul was a leading chartered accountant at one of the best firms of India. He closed his eyes in irritation as he remembered that he had to meet another prospective bride and get rejected by her in the evening but the meeting had got delayed because he was stuck at work. He called her up informing of the delay as he mentally prayed that she should leave the restaurant before he goes there.

He cringed at the thought of meeting another girl and get rejected by her on the basis of his looks as he drove towards Nature's Lap, the destination his father had texted him up the previous week. While driving, he remembered the conversation with Priya, a girl he had met last time at the same restaurant. Priya, who was a school teacher had rejected him saying,

"I can't marry the baldy who is so dark and chubby".

"Aren't teachers ought to teach about respecting everyone to the kids?" he mumbled to himself as he drove to the unluckiest restaurant of his life. He could not help but remember the meeting with a shallow girl last time.

Mentally preparing himself to get rejected by another girl in his life, Atul parked his car and took a deep breath. Cursing the fact that people did not want to see beyond looks these days, he entered the restaurant and dialled the number of his new prospective bride.

"Hello", Amaya received the call. She was already tired of waiting and she wanted to run away from the restaurant when she had received the call again.

She mentally prayed for her prospective groom to say, "I am sorry, Amaya. I will not be able to meet you today." After all, Amaya was dying to reject a guy for once however, her smile faltered when she heard, "Amaya, I am at Nature's Lap."

"I am sitting at the corner table in mustard-coloured kurti", Amaya spoke mentally cringing at the thought of getting rejecting again. She heard a small 'okay' before the line got disconnected.

Atul glanced towards the corner tables and within seconds, he saw a simple dusky girl sitting calmly at one of the corner tables. Clad in a mustard yellow tunic, she looked attractive. He smiled at her cute antics of biting her lips and blinking her eyes in nervousness.

Rubbing the back if his neck, he gave himself a prep talk to be confident as he headed towards Amaya, his prospective bride.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

Well! Thank you for giving a chance to this story.😊

For the starters, yes, this is an arranged marriage story that breaks all the stereotypes of the current concept of ARRANGED MARRIAGES.🤩

As far as my opinion is concerned, I find Arranged marriages a beautiful concept.🥰

How would the meeting turn out to be?🤔

Well! I will be telling you this soon. 😉

Love you all
💜