Supportive Parents 😍

“Gattu, how was your day?” Nirmala cheerfully asked her daughter as soon as Amaya reached home.

Amaya chuckled at her over-excited mother who was chirping like a teenager. Despite she was a grown-up girl, still her mother referred to her with her irritating nickname, Gattu. She never knew what Gattu meant, but Amaya found it cute and comical.

During her teenage, when one of her neighbours used to tease her, she was unaffected because she saw her mother’s love in the name. She had always flaunted her nickname since then.

Before Amaya could speak anything, her father, Manohar bombarded her with another question, “How was the guy, Amaya?”

Amaya face-palmed herself for once. She did not know how to explain her parents that she wanted to meet Atul again to know him better.

“Umm... Good”, Amaya said closing her eyes as she rushed to her room to freshen up.

“Is it a yes, Gattu?” Nirmala shouted at her back.

Without turning around, Amaya said, “Let me freshen up, mom and I have to talk with you both.”

The faces of both Nirmala and Manohar brightened up. Sharing a look, they smiled as they felt relieved at the idea of their little daughter’s marriage. Despite Amaya was financially independent, like every other parents they too wished to see their daughter happily married.

Amaya was sitting on the dining table with her parents when her mother served her the food. She smiled looking at her favourites in her plate. She realized her mother’s love for her. She knew her mother always cooked her favorite dishes to uplift her mood whenever she met her prospective grooms because usually, those meetings were not happy experiences.

“I want to share something”, Amaya spoke digging in her food.

“Speak, Gattu. Did he say something to you? Did he hurt you?” Manohar asked concerning her daughter’s nervousness.

“Papa, I liked Atul but I am not sure about marriage”, Amaya confessed leaving her parents baffled.

“Umm... I need to meet him again to make sure we will be compatible”, fumbling, she dropped the bomb leaving her parents aghast.

“Amaya, I understand your concerns but kiddo, the society doesn’t appreciate frequent meetings”, Manohar spoke rationally trying to explain his daughter that meeting her prospective groom before marriage might bring shame in the society.

Though he trusted his daughter more than himself, he was already frustrated with his relatives who never left a chance to mock him for raising an overconfident daughter who was ineligible to get married. Manohar did not want to give another chance to the relatives to mock his daughter.

“Incompatibility is a foreign concept, Gattu. If he respects you, trust me, you both will be happy.” Nirmala tried to reason with her daughter despite she knew that she was talking bullshit. She was concerned of the society they lived in otherwise she agreed to her daughter completely.

Amaya was biting her lips all the while trying to contain her laughter. She had realized where this conversation was heading to. She could understand the concerns of her parents. She had stopped attending any family functions since last two years because of the constant taunts from her relatives for having crossed her thirties and not being married yet. She was tired of hearing people,

“Amaya, hit the gym and groom yourself otherwise you won’t even find an oldie to marry you".

Her parents bickered throughout the dinner while she was lost in her thoughts. Her eyes welled up when she realized that being an unmarried thirty plus, woman in her society was indeed, a curse but involuntarily a smile appeared on her face when she remembered Atul's compliment about her beautiful eyes.

“Gattu, are you even listening to us?” Nirmala nudged her daughter breaking her trance.

“Umm... Mummy, what I was saying was...” Amaya fumbled only to be interrupted by her father, “Gattu, you weren’t saying anything”, and she was beyond embarrassed.

“Papa, you know I earn well. You have raised me up well but you know, people don’t find me really beautiful.” Amaya spoke vulnerably.

“Kiddo”, her father tried to console her daughter. He was proud of his daughter and their upbringing. His daughter had a successful career and this fact rendered satisfaction to him at the end of the day.

“Papa, after I broke up with Vinay, you suggested an arranged marriage. I was not ready to take another blow to my already shattered confidence but for your happiness, I agreed.” Amaya spoke while her parents hung their heads in shame.

“Gattu, we are sorry. We just want your happiness.” Her mother spoke fumbling with her words.

“Mummy, you know I am always happy with you both. I never needed a man to define me but I met each of those idiots and got rejected by them.” Amaya confessed as she tried hard to contain her tears as undesired memories filled up her mind.

“If you don’t want to meet anyone, I would never force you, Gattu. I am so sorry to hurt you, my dear.” Manohar said sympathizing with his daughter. He never knew his daughter was hurt beyond repair.

“We just want you to be happy, dear. If you don’t want to meet any guy from now on, we would never force you for the ordeal of meeting those useless guys ever again, Gattu.” Manohar announced and Amaya felt relieved but somewhere in her heart, she wanted to meet Atul, get a closure and make a final decision. Preparing herself that Atul was to be her last prospective groom, she sighed.

“Papa, Atul is not special in any sense but he kinda tried to understand me. I want to meet him again, talk to him for some days and then make a decision. It is a matter of my life, Papa, and you never taught me to take decisions hastily.” Amaya spoke her mind expecting a positive response.

Her father smiled and nodded in affirmation. Her mother closed her eyes and wished the Almighty to ensure that her daughter gets happily married to Atul. Amaya anxiously waited for her father to speak when Manohar said, “I will talk with Mr. Bansal regarding this, tomorrow. If they agree then it is okay otherwise we will not go ahead with the alliance.”

Amaya smiled thanking the Almighty for her amazing parents as she headed to her bedroom to sleep.

Lying on the bed, Amaya twisted and turned as she remembered the conversation with Atul. Smiling at her day, she eventually slipped in deep slumber.

On the other hand, Atul was turning in the key of his apartment’s door when his phone rang and he sighed. He knew his parents were calling him and he dreaded the idea of dropping the bomb on them. He agreed with Amaya and he wanted to meet her a few times before making a decision of his life but his parents were immensely conservative and he knew, they would never appreciate him hanging around with a girl who is his prospective bride.

Atul had female friends and colleagues but his family never appreciated the idea of female friends. Being into a relationship was a taboo in his family though he had a girlfriend behind the back of his parents some years ago.
Freshening up in his room, he reheated the meal cooked by the maid in the microwave and ate his meal in silence. He wanted to feed his tummy before he entered the ordeal of a long discussion with his family.

♥️♥️♥️

Hello everyone

Well! Gattu's parents agreed 😅

As of Amaya is concerned, Gattu is actually a different and comical nickname. 😜

Would you like to make guesses for our Atul? 😉

How's the update? 🤔

Please hit the 🌟 button and drop in your views!!!  😘

I will be back soon, till then enjoy the chapter and don't forget to,
VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE 🌹

Love you all
💜