Amaya weds Atul 💒

The banquet hall was elegantly decorated with brocade drapes of pink and orange hues. The fascinating fairy lights arranged on the ceiling was breathtakingly beautiful. The mesmerizing décor using pink, peach and white roses along with yellow and orange marigolds was adding to the regal charm of the venue.

In the presence of two hundred guests, close relatives and friends; wedding of Amaya Aggarwal and Atul Bansal was finally taking place. The engagement of the couple had been a family affair when both Aggarwals and Bansals had expressed their desire to have a budget wedding. Manoj Bansal and Manohar Aggarwal were elated to see the captivating decorations and happy relatives who had graced the events to bless their children for a blissful future ahead.

“This is so regal", commented an old friend of Manoj as they exchanged pleasantries.

Manoj beamed in pride as he told, “Everything is arranged by my son and my daughter-in-law”, and his friend was dumbstruck as he wondered that the man standing in front of him had perhaps, split the expenses with the bride side. Instead of saying anything, the friend decided to enjoy the ceremony, bless the kids, eat food, give gifts and leave.

On the other hand, an old aunt of Manohar frowned as she mumbled, “It must have costed a fortune", when Manohar smiled and replied, “Everything is paid by my daughter and my son-in-law”, with pride as he took the blessings of his nosy aunt and went away to look for other itineraries of the ceremony.

Manoj checked upon the caterers while his wife attended the guests of the groom side. Manohar saw his elegantly dressed wife coming towards him with a frown on her face.

“What is it?” asked Manohar immediately when Nirmala mumbled, “I am worried for Gattu”.

“Nirmala, our daughter is getting married to Atul who is a gem of a person. Our kids have arranged this venue because we wanted to all this pomp and show. They spent their hard-earned money. We are not paying any dowry. Bansals are not bad, Nirmala. Enjoy the happiness of your daughter.” Manohar advised his wife one last time who nodded in affirmation. However, today she was not concerned of Bansals not treating Amaya properly but she was worried if her daughter will be able to handle all the responsibilities or not.

“I hope she will be able to fulfil all the responsibilities. I hope I taught her well.” Nirmala voiced her concerns and Manohar face-palmed himself. His wife had indeed, raised a gem of a daughter who had stepped up to manage all the expenses of her wedding by herself stating that she earned well to take care of all the finances and her parents were just suppose to enjoy her wedding.

“Our little girl is all grown up. She will have a happy life with Atul.” Manohar assured his wife who again nodded.
“I will miss her", she mumbled and Manohar did not have any assurance for these words. His heart was heavy when he murmured, “I will miss her too”.

The altar was beautifully decorated with peach, pink and red roses along with auspicious marigolds and sacred banana twigs. The priest had arrived well before the auspicious muharat. Manoj greeted the priest when he looked at his wife. He admired the confidence his beautiful wife had while she welcomed his cousins. He walked towards her when she was done talking with his cousin brother’s wife.

He mumbled, “I am really happy for our son", to his wife who smiled looking at him.

“And I am proud of both our children who have managed their responsibilities wonderfully", Vandana added. For the first time, she had chosen to express her opinion instead of agreeing with her husband and for the first time, Manoj was proud of her instead of getting angry.

Dressed in a peach and golden sherwani stood Atul on the magnificently decorated stage with his cousins waiting for Amaya, the love of his life. The cameraman was busy clicking the pictures of the groom and his cousins in front of the captivating backdrop of the floral wall that was decked up with myriads of colourful flowers.

With a shy smile adorning her face and magnificent jewellery embellishing her glowing face, the gorgeous bride graced the event with her female cousins dressed impeccably. Clad in an exquisite, pink coloured lehenga with intricate traditional motifs, Amaya was looking ethereal. Her styled bun was neatly tucked in a heavily embroidered pastel pink veil while her neck was adorned with a heavy, pearl necklace.

Atul forgot to breathe for once when he saw his elegant bride gracefully walking to the stage. It was indeed, a dream-come-true moment for him. He gently held her hand as she climbed the beautifully decorated stage while the photographer clicked a dozen of pictures capturing the adorable moments.

After a while, the couple exchanged their rose garlands in the backdrop of magnificent roses with blissful smiles on their faces making lifelong promises as their eyes expressed their love for each other. While the guests enjoyed the grand celebrations and delectable feast, the couple headed towards the elegantly decorated pavilion where priest was waiting for them.

While the priest chanted sacred sermons, the couple dutifully fulfilled all the rituals. In the presence of holy fire as a prime witness, both Amaya and Atul took lifelong promises of togetherness, companionship and the idea of supporting each other in every ups and downs of their lives as they circumvented seven times around the holy fire. Their parents blessed them at the end of the ceremony when priest finally announced them as husband and wife much to the pleasure of Bansals and Aggarwals.

Farewell of Amaya was held at Aggarwal House early in the morning. With tears in her eyes, the newly wed Amaya hugged her mother. She cried hard upon the heartless ritual of leaving her house where she was born and brought up.

“Take care, kiddo", said Nirmala hiccupping as she rubbed Amaya’s back and cooed her. On the one hand, she was happy that Amaya was married to someone she loved while on the other hand, she disliked the fact that her little daughter was going away.

Manohar hugged his daughter as he realized that his little girl had grown up. Taking her to Atul who was standing beside the main gate of Aggarwal’s abode, Manohar requested, “Keep her happy”.

Atul, who was already weeping looking helplessly at the gloomy faces of everyone at the bride’s side, promised, “Don’t worry, Papa. I promise to take good care of my wife.”

Manoj and Vandana assured to take utmost care of their daughter-in-law and finally Amaya bade goodbye to her humble abode where she had made myriads of memories with her parents.