Lady Hitler 😠

Manoj greeted Manohar who welcomed the Bansals warmly. Amaya’s heart was thumping loudly as she stayed back in the kitchen with the pretext of preparing coffee for the guests while Nirmala sat on one of the accent chairs clearly observing Atul and his family.
Atul touched the feet of his future in-laws to take their blessings. His heart urged to assure Nirmala that there was nothing to fear about but he sat like a mere spectator on sofa wondering about the reactions of his parents. The conversation was awkward and tension was really thick inside the living room.

“Where is Amaya?” asked Vandana politely. As the past memories of Aggarwals House flashed in front of her eyes, she regretted jibing at Amaya last time. Now that she knew Amaya had accepted Atul for he was, she wanted to apologize for everything.

“Amaya is in the kitchen", Nirmala answered trying not to glare at the Bansals.

“I want to have a word with her in private”. With guilt seeping in, she gathered courage and finally spoke her mind leaving everyone baffled. Manoj eyed dangerously at his wife while she shivered under his gaze.

Nirmala glared at her when Manohar chimed in, “Sure, bhabhi ji”, as he gestured his wife to escort Vandana towards the dining area where she could talk with Amaya. Manohar was quite relaxed after a conversation with Manoj while Atul prayed for the best.
Soon Nirmala came with the tray of coffee mugs and chocolate cookies while Vandana stayed back with Amaya.

Amaya sat meekly on one of the dining chairs when Vandana warmly smiled at her. “Namaste, aunty", greeted Amaya not knowing what to say. She was extremely nervous at the prospect of talking to Atul’s mother. She decided to stay calm till the point she could tolerate. She also decided to reject Atul in case things went out of hands. Her heart was heavy, yet, she maintained a calm demeanor.

Namaste, Amaya", greeted Vandana warmly as she sipped the coffee. Though she was not a great fan of mild coffee and she hated the loads of milk in it, she smiled trying not to puke her guts out. “It is really good", she said appreciating her to be daughter-in-law.

Amaya melted at Vandana’s warm response. She thanked her when Vandana stated, “Child, when Atul told me about you, I judged you upon my prejudiced standards. I did not know that you were ready to accept him as he is. I am sorry to have judged you. I am sorry to have conveyed disrespectful remarks in the past.”

Amaya stiffened at the apology as she remembered talking to Atul regarding her insecurities. All she wanted was to bang Atul’s head in the wall for projecting her as someone who craved for an apology. She did not know how to react but her upbringing did not let her reply rudely at the old lady.

Vandana, on the other hand, observed Amaya closely. She admired her long lashes and beautiful eyes just like Atul had liked her eyes. Vandana realized Amaya was wearing a collared kurti without a dupatta. She wondered she had always objected girls out there for not covering their bust with a dupatta but in case of Amaya, she realized she had to accept her as she was along with her mild coffee. She realized times were indeed, changing and a collared neck kurti actually looked elegant even without a dupatta.

“It’s okay, aunty", mumbled Amaya as she offered her the plate of cookies.

“Welcome to the family, Amaya and don’t leave Atul ever even if you find me or his father disrespectful to you. Don’t ruin your life just because you don’t want to cause a rift between us and Golu, I mean, Atul.” Vandana advised Amaya as the experienced woman knew that Amaya and Atul deserved each other. Amaya was truly overwhelmed. She smiled when Vandana murmured, “Child, your happiness and my son’s satisfaction means a lot to me. Stay blessed.”

“Thank you, aunty. I promise to stay by the side of Atul if we get married. I hope you don’t want dowry anymore.” Amaya murmured with a coy smile on her face.

“Child, my husband made a mistake last time and I wish he would rectify it soon". Having said this, Vandana got up to leave while Amaya blushed hard at the prospect of spending her life with Atul but at the same time, she was angry at him.

On the other hand, after an uncomfortable silence, Manoj spoke, “Manohar ji, I hope you approve of this alliance.”

Manohar looked at his angry wife when Nirmala decided to speak. “Bhaisahab, I am sorry to break you this but I think we should not go ahead with this alliance”, stated Nirmala.

Manoj looked at the neutral look on Manohar’s face and he was irritated. Atul was flabbergasted. “Aunty”, mumbled Atul trying to assure her that her fears are baseless but before he could speak anything, Manoj gestured him to stop.

Bhabhi ji, I assure you that we would treat your daughter with respect. I was not comfortable with this alliance last time because of certain misunderstandings but now, I realize that your daughter is just perfect for our family.” Manoj spoke calmly without a tinge of annoyance in his voice despite, he was burning in anger.

With sarcasm, disgust and irritation in her voice, Nirmala retorted, “I am not comfortable with this alliance now because I feel your family is not good enough for my daughter”, and Manohar was appalled at his wife’s rude response. She had been tired of bottling fears inside her. Instead of fearing for her daughter every now and then, she realized calling off the alliance was indeed, better.

“If an apology is needed, I apologize for judging your daughter and insulting you last time but that is the least I can do. I realized my son’s happiness is more than anything and I am ready to accept things as they are. As far as dowry is concerned, I don’t need anything and I am sorry to have placed that unreasonable demand last time. I don’t want to discuss anything anymore.” Boomed Manoj’s angry voice loud and clear inside the room and anticipation hung thickly in the air.
Atul was horrified as the things began to turn ugly and Nirmala was furious.

Manoj was bubbling in anger too at the insult from mother of the girl whom his son loved yet, he chose to keep quiet. Manohar did not know how to diplomatically sort out this situation perhaps, a discussion of an arranged marriage seemed complicated than the bilateral relations of India and Pakistan and he lacked experience in both the aspects.

Amidst the eerie silence, entered Vandana with a small grin on her face only to hear he husband saying, “Manohar ji, thank you for your hospitality. I think we should leave and let’s abide by your wife’s decision”.

Atul looked towards his to be father-in-law with hopes in his eyes. He did not know whom he should support. He realized if his father had been rude, his to be mother-in-law was no less and no room for a civil conversation was left. Vandana looked towards everyone and her mood got disappointed when she saw gloomy faces in the room.

“Manoj ji, I am sorry. Please sit.” Manohar made a request when Manoj stood up to leave.

Vandana pleaded her husband with her eyes for the sake of her son who had his head hung low after all, Atul did not know how to dissipate the grudges everyone had.

Manoj huffed as he accepted Manohar’s request while Vandana realized that Nirmala was not happy with the alliance. Meekly Vandana mumbled, “We should shun our grudges for our kids. They are already suffering a lot because of us.”

The intensity of pain, regret and desperation in Vandana’s voice reminded Nirmala of her precious daughter’s tears and she could not help but feel guilty.

“What is the guarantee of a happy future for my daughter?” Nirmala retorted still trying not to accept the fact that this alliance was a necessity as it was door to Atul’s and Amaya’s happiness.

Bhabhi ji, nothing comes with a guarantee in our lives but we can assure you that our son would keep your daughter happy", Manoj replied trying to calm his anger. He was hating the melodramatic situation. He wondered if Manohar had purposely pushed his wife to insult them and ultimately reject his son.

“How come you are okay with this alliance knowing that we would prefer breaking off this relationship on the day of marriage if you demand dowry?” Nirmala taunted and Manohar felt his wife was being too harsh not only to the Bansals but to Amaya also. Manohar had realized mistakes do happen and it was a mistake on Manoj’s end to feel greedy. He wanted to forget things and move on because he could see a bright future ahead but unfortunately his wife was not foresighted enough.

“I want the kids to be happy. I assure you neither would we demand a single dime in name of dowry nor would we pester for a big, fat wedding. Please give kids a chance. Both Amaya and Atul deserve to be happy.” Manoj announced.

“We will wait for your decision and I guess, we should leave", Manoj mumbled while Atul and his mother could not help but agree with him.

Amaya, on the other hand, was listening to the conversation. She found that her mother was a bit stubborn but definitely reasonable. Something broke in her heart when she realized that the Bansals were ready to leave while her mother did not speak anything.

“Please have dinner before leaving", insisted Amaya and Manoj lacked heart to deny her. Accepting offer of the dinner despite the awkwardness, Manoj smiled towards his to be daughter-in-law. He still hoped that things would turn out fine.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

Happy update shall be coming up in two hours but in the meanwhile don't forget to click on the cute 💫 and your comments, opinions and even 🍅🍅🍅 are welcome 😅😅😅

So, Lady Hitler is too concerned! All she needs is to shed her insecurities for once and let things happen 😜

See you soon, till then, take care 🧡

Love you all
💜