Who is Parrot? 🦜

“Hi”, Atul said smiling towards elegant girl sitting in front of him. Her elegance indeed, set her apart from his other prospective brides, he thought as Amaya's scrutinizing eyes sensed his tired appearance. She realized that her prospective groom indeed, was coming directly from work just like her.

Amaya got up and shook hands with Atul as she greeted him politely. Clad in a sky blue formal shirt, Atul looked like a pure gentleman but Amaya waited for him to open his mouth before making any judgement.

As Amaya and Atul took their seats, Atul explained, “I am sorry to keep you waiting.”

Amaya smiled politely and reverted a small ‘okay’ in response.

“So, how was your day?” Atul chimed in as he glanced at the laptop bag of Amaya. She was coming straight from work, he thought and immediately felt guilty to have kept her waiting.
He could not help but admire the long, curled eyelashes of the woman sitting in front of him who, no doubts, had captivating eyes.

“I had a wonderful day till I realized I had to meet His Highness who has finally arrived”, Amaya muttered in a low voice.

Though, she was barely audible, Atul heard the remark and took a deep breath. He guffawed, “I am extremely sorry, Your Highness but the delay was not intentional.”

Amaya instantly felt bad for voicing out insane thoughts so she covered up, “Atul, actually the thing is, I have met so many boys and I hate this exercise truly. Meeting and getting rejected is the new routine and I despise it.”

Atul closed his eyes for once as he agreed with her. Completing her words, he admitted, “I too loathe this exercise. Rejection hurts.”

They both gave a tight lipped smile to each other sympathizing with themselves with unsaid words when the waiter came to take their order.
While Atul ordered a latté for himself, Amaya politely denied and he was indeed, taken aback.

“Why?” he politely questioned her signalling the waiter to wait for a while.

“Umm... I just finished my cappuccino”, Amaya chortled sheepishly to which he playfully commented, “I would be pleased if you have one more with me”.

With a small smile on her adorable heart-shaped lips which did not go unnoticed by Atul, Amaya rattled off her order.

“So, how is work at your end?” Atul asked to initiate a small conversation.

“To tell you frankly, it is amazing. I am currently working as the Senior Marketing Consultant at Novartis leading a team of twenty people and I am looking forward for a promotion soon.” Amaya chimed in excitedly as she went on explaining her career plans.

Atul silently smiled admiring her enticing antics. He revered her passion towards her job. He always wanted a girl who was passionate towards her career in his life and somewhere, he wished that she must not reject him.

Amaya, on the other hand, wondered how the chauvinistic male sitting before her would react. Giggling, she waited for his response.

Atul, who was mesmerized by Amaya, could not help but compliment her, “I admire your dedication towards your career. This is really good.”

Amaya mumbled a small ‘thanks’ as she complimented him, “I am glad that you wholeheartedly appreciate my passion.”

“Well! I am actually the supporter of women working in the corporates”, Atul chimed in with a smile plastered on his face.

“This is appreciable. You know once I met a guy who was pissed off because I am looking forward to work after marriage”, Amaya confessed partially to read his mind.