Birthday 🎂

It was eleven thirty at night while Amaya was grumpy and annoyed. It had been a week she had confessed her feelings and the radiance on her face seemed permanent since then. Her mother had often teased her, “Gattu, Atul would love this pinkish glow on your cheeks".

Amaya had told about her feelings to her mother, Nirmala who was quite supportive for this alliance after all, she was impressed with the thoughtful nature of Atul. Even Atul was glad that at least his future mother-in-law had assured him that things would be fine at Aggarwals’ end if he talked with his parents and convinced them. Nirmala had joyously accepted the task of convincing her husband, Manohar for the alliance with Bansals.

Amaya was truly satisfied in her life. She had never been this happy as she was now. Her day began with their blissful morning walks and ended with their late night chats but today, Amaya was beyond annoyed.

Despite, it was her birthday the next day, Atul had neither called her nor messaged her since morning. Mumbling curses to him, she was turning and twisting on her bed as sleep was no where to be found. She had plans to spend her special day with Atul but that jerk was perhaps, sleeping and avoiding her.

Though it was a Friday the next day and due to hectic schedule, she could not afford taking a leave but she had decided to spend her evening with Atul. She was huffing in her musings when the clock struck at twelve and she got a video call.

Her anger got vanished at Atul’s little gesture. As soon as she received the phone call, she was connected to a third party. She got a little conscious of herself but before she could either question something or disconnect the phone, she heard, a melodious voice singing the gem of Kishore da which was her favorite song too.

Pal pal dil ke pass, tum rehti ho
Jeevan meethi pyas, tum kehti ho

The professional singer was trying his best to imitate Arijit Singh's track and Amaya could not help but fall in love with Atul all over again for arranging a present which shall remain close to her heart forever.

Amaya hid her face in her palms because she was blushing hard. She was truly overwhelmed at Atul’s romantic gesture. It was perhaps, the best birthday gift she had ever received but this was not all. As the song ended, Atul sang along the last two lines.

Amaya smiled looking at Atul who was sitting in his living room and looking lovingly at her. The songs were just perfect for their situation. Amaya could feel the heartfelt confession of Atul about his feelings for her. With happy tears trickling from her left eye, she missed Atul’s presence near her after all, she wanted to hug him tight and express her delight.

The performance ended when the singer sang Happy Birthday Song for Amaya. She was truly elated. Wiping her tears, she grinned like a Chesire cat while Atul loved seeing her happy.

As soon as the singer disconnecting himself from the call, Amaya wanted to thank Atul for his thoughtful gift. Atul had arranged a singer to sing her favorite song that too, at midnight which touched her heart and he was delighted witnessing the broad smile embellished on Amaya’s heart-shaped lips.

“Thank you”, said Amaya grinning like a Chesire cat.

“I love you, my cupcake", Atul babbled while Amaya responded, “I love you too, mon amour”.

After a small conversation, Atul and Amaya decided to call it a night though the sleep was nowhere to be found. The couple kept twisting and turning on their beds looking forward for their date at the place where it all started, ‘Nature’s Lap’.

At the breakfast table, Amaya was humming the song, ‘Pal pal dil ke pass’, when her father asked, “How are spending your day, Gattu?”