Much-needed Advice 🤗

"How could your father do this?" Neha asked getting baffled at Manoj Bansal who committed a crime by demanding dowry from the girl's father and crumbled his son's trust by making sure that the girl who loved him would never want to see his face. She was immensely angry at the old man.

"And why did you leave your parents at her place, Atul? It was an important day for you." She hollered at him.

Taking a deep breath, Atul confessed, "I had no idea that he would react in this way. My parents asked me to bring the gifts needed when the alliance would be fixed."

"Atul, I wish your mother knew that Amaya was accepting you as you are. She would have at least warned you." Neha replied after analysing the whole situation, Atul had gone through.

"I wish my father acted a bit wisely", Atul sighed.

"He has done a sin, Atul. He should have understood your feelings. If he could not help you, he had no right to insult a girl and her father." Neha bellowed getting agitated at Atul's father.

"Neha, as much as I hate him right now, my primary concern is Amaya. I want to talk to her, apologize to her and explain her that I want her in my life. I want to tell her that I would marry her and only her. I need to tell her that I respect her as well as her parents and I am against dowry." Atul lamented with tears brimming in his eyes.

"Atul, this is something really sensitive. Amaya has misunderstood you but she cannot help it, right? Guys lay love trap for girls and demand dowry. Our society has such parasites too and she thinks you are one of them." Neha tried to explain with creases of worry on her forehead.

"She has blocked me, Neha. How should I talk with her?" Atul lamented subtly wiping off his tears. He felt like a kid as he cried but he could not help it.

"Trust me, Neha, my only condition to get married was I don't need dowry but my father was greedy enough to ruin my life", Atul mumbled.

Neha did not know how to console the man who was crying in front of her. As a friend, she could see that Atul had let his guards down before her but being an immensely practical woman, she knew it was extremely necessary to sort out everything before it was too late.

"Atul, you need to make Amaya trust you. Visit her parents and talk like a mature man instead of lamenting at the deeds of your father. You need to clear out this mess before it gets too late." Neha expressed her concern.

Atul had his eyes shut. He scrolled in his phone and gave it to Neha before je asked, "How can I face her parents after this?"

Neha took his mobile phone in her hands and read the last text message of Amaya,

Atul, I am ashamed to fall in love with you. Your father demanded a hefty dowry from Papa today and all my hopes to stay with you are shattered. My parents are proud of me. I am not a burden to them. They would not get me married in a greedy family and commit a crime. What if you or your family give a list of demands afterwards? I don't want to ruin my self-respect for the sake of love. I don't know if it was actually love or not but I have realized, you were too good to be true. You have crumbled my confidence in the most brutal way.

I am ashamed of choosing you. I am ashamed of losing my first kiss to you. I am ashamed of making plans of my life with you. I am ashamed of sharing my insecurities with you. I am ashamed of facing my parents because of you. I am ashamed to love you.

I cannot imagine spending my blissful moments while my parents are left penniless after withdrawing their savings from various fixed deposits and all. I wish you the best in your life. I wish you get the hefty dowry to brag in your circle. And yes, I am done with you. I know there was no 'we' in this relationship but still, I would never mind saying, WE ARE OVER.

Neha had tears in her eyes as she could empathize with the girl who had written this. She had never met Amaya but she knew Amaya had selflessly loved Atul. Having being friends with Atul, she also knew that Atul genuinely loved his girl. Neha was saddened at the turn of events.

"Atul, meet her parents tomorrow and apologize. I know you cannot face them after the incorrigible deeds of your father but you need to meet them and clear this misunderstanding. I am sure if they will understand you then Amaya will also get your point." Neha elucidated after realizing the gravity of situation.

Taking a deep breath, Neha murmured, "She loves you, Atul. She is beyond hurt right now. She is torn between her love for you and her parents. Ask your forgiveness before she slips into depression because of her guilt. Take a leave tomorrow and visit her home."

"But how would I face her parents, Neha? They would never want to see my face. They might be thinking that I have cheated Amaya." Atul expressed his fears.

Neha had been pragmatist in her life. She just said, "Atul, either today or tomorrow you will have to face them so do it soon or else she will marry someone else eventually."

"I will go and meet her parents", he replied strengthening his resolve to visit Amaya's home.

Atul nodded in affirmation while Neha chimed in, "Let's have dinner". Atul was drowned in his own guilt and thus, he had no mood to eat. He had decided to meet her parents the next day but he did not know what he would talk with them and how they would react at his words.

"Meera cooks well", Neha insisted and escorted him to the dinner table. As the friends relished upon the delicious meal, he terribly missed Amaya. He decided to talk with her parents after all, it was the last resort of reconciliation.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

So Amaya is an expert in complicating things, right! 😅

Our cuties are meeting up in the upcoming chapter 😜

I will be updating soon, till then enjoy this chapter and share your views. 🌷

Please hit the ⭐ button, pretty please 🙈

Take care 💙

Love you all
💜