Change of Heart 🥰

Atul was beyond furious at his parents when Amaya pushed him off from her house and closed the doors of her heart for him. With tears brimming in his eyes, he gritted his teeth and sighed.

Angrily, he marched towards his parents when his father patted his shoulder and lamented, "Atul, I swear I didn't do anything."

"Just shut up", Atul hollered and the intensity of his anger shook his father hard. Manoj trembled in fear but he had no ounce of guilt for his deeds.

"Golu", his mother called and he glared menacingly at her. "Calm, down", she said as her hand rose up to rub his back with an idea of providing emotional support to him.

"Do you need me to drop you at the station or you will go directly from here?" Atul spoke brusquely to his parents. He was angry after all, he trusted his parents with his life and they ruined his chance of getting married to the love of his life.

Without sparing them a single glance, Atul sat inside his car and waited for his parents to get in. Igniting the engine, he began to drive once his parents were comfortably seated. He was drowned in sorrow as he felt culpable of Amaya's tears. He was ashamed of his parents and he knew Amaya did not deserve the tears she had shed.

Vandana pitied his son but she was sure that it was an ordeal for a few days as Riya would replace the memories of Amaya and make Atul happy once again. Manoj was quietly looking outside the window while his mind was clouded with myriads of thoughts. He was planning about convincing his son about his innocence and persuading him for a better alliance.

After a drive of half an hour amidst traffic, Atul parked the car in the parking area and walked towards his apartment without sparing a glance to his parents who followed him. Turning the key inside the keyhole, he opened the door and entered inside.

Before his parents could enter, he gestured them to stop and hissed, "Wait, I am getting your bags." His anger knew no bounds.

Manoj was ashamed for once after all, he had not expected Atul to give him cold shoulder. He entered the house while his wife stood at the door contemplating if she should follow her husband's suit or not. In a while, Atul came in the living room with two bags in his hands.

"Come on, let's go", he ordered glaring at his father who tried to stop him by calling his name.

"Do you think you have right to stand in my house after ruining my life?" Atul glowered, glaring at both of his parents.

Taking a deep breath, he hollered, "Get out right now before I drag you out, Papa", and closed his eyes in despair.

"Golu, she was not the right one for you", Vandana whimpered as tears trickled down her wrinkled face. She was mortified upon witnessing the rift between her husband and her son.

"Stop parroting what your husband says, mummy", Atul bellowed frowning at her. "And stop interfering in my life, for God's sake", he mumbled as he gestured his mother to get inside and sit beside his father. Dropping the luggage, he too slumped on the sofa.

Scowling at them, he glowered at his parents, "She is someone who accepted me for who I am. She helped me manage my hypertension instead of freaking out. I know she is the best for me and you have no right to speak in my matters."

"What?" his mother exclaimed. Her voice quavered as she lamented, "She knows". Her heart pained as she realized she had insulted the true love of a girl who was ready to stand by the side of her son forever. She was proud of her son's choice. She wanted to apologize from Amaya for once.

She glanced at Manoj and saw sheer disappointment on his face. She uttered meekly, "You also knew this, ji".

Manoj nodded in affirmation and her heart shattered. She wondered how could her husband be so cruel and blinded with greed. Mentally praying for Atul to get the love of his life and for Amaya to stay happily forever, Vandana sniffled as she felt culpable for the suffering of both Amaya and Atul.