Sunday Date Part-I 😉

"Hi", Atul greeted Amaya who was already enjoying the date. Having watched one of the latest Bollywood movies with Atul, she was sitting at Love=Food, a posh restaurant in Connaught Place for lunch. Though the movie was good but she could not enjoyed it as she could sense Atul eyeing her every now and then. Clad in a violet coloured tunic adorned with floral patterns and denim jeans, Amaya was looking beautiful. Her tunic accentuated her curves perfectly and she was looking attractive. Her heart was thumping loudly since morning as she wondered if she was doing the right thing or not. Somewhere in her heart, she knew it could have drastic implications but she wanted to commit this mistake.

It was Sunday and they were on a date. A coy smile played on her heart-shaped lips as she remembered the conversation with him last time. Atul, on the other hand, was dressed in a maroon T-Shirt and denims waiting to place their orders. He chuckled reminiscing her cute antics as an uncomfortable silence seeped in. Amaya had surely captivated his heart unknowingly.

Atul smiled remembering the way she had hurled profanities at him for being late because he was stuck in traffic. He was leering at her, admiring her pitch black hair that were cascading down her shoulders and her dusky skin glowing in the dim lights of the cozy restaurant. He chortled, "Your ebony black strands of hair on your shoulder is prettifying your chiseled collarbone", and Amaya was taken aback for once as she looked towards her collarbone consciously.

"It was a genuine compliment", Atul confessed as his chestnut brown eyes leered upon her.

Pouting, Amaya mumbled, "Thanks" smiling sheepishly though she got insecure about her collarbone instantly. She was not used to getting good compliments about her physical features. She knew she had got beautiful, dark brown eyes but collarbone was out of question. Atul could sense her discomfort and he had gone through the phase when people rubbed his insecurities on his face. He mentally decided to help her overcome all her insecurities after all, she was indeed, an amazing person but he knew it was not right time as of now.

"I had plans to take you to Humayun's Tomb. It is too serene and peaceful where we could talk for hours." Atul said quickly changing the topic. He did not want Amaya to think much about her body and ruin her mood. The well-maintained gardens of Humayun's tomb were indeed, close to his heart and he could not come up with anything else.

"We could go next week", Amaya said cheekily and Atul chuckled.

"We will surely go next time also, dear Amaya", Atul guffawed. "I just have four Sundays with you so I can get more weeks to spend with you so I won't miss any", Atul confessed with utmost sincerity in his voice and Amaya just smiled.

Her heart fluttered as the darkest shade of crimson crept on her cheeks. "Is the marriage thing with Atul bound to happen?" A thought crossed her mind and immediately negative thoughts clouded her insight.

Her mind mocked at her, "You are doing it all wrong, Amaya. You will get hurt at the end", but her heart was not ready to accept the implications of this reality. Though it was hard, yet she decided to go with the flow keeping her rational thoughts aside for a while.

"Why were you late?", Amaya hollered still feigning anger which was melted long ago. Atul was late around three hours ago while she was waiting for him standing in front of the cinema hall. Being a huge fan was movies, she did not want to take her seat after the movie began. She had poured her anger when Atul had arrived in the nick of time. A smile crept on her face when she remembered the incident.

"I got up late and then, there was traffic, I am sorry", Atul apologized much to the satisfaction of Amaya.

There moment was interrupted by the waiter and they placed their orders of a complete three course meal.

"I am afraid how our parents would react", Amaya mumbled voicing her thoughts.

"They might go ballistic but I will handle them, don't worry", Atul assured her.

"But...", she tried to object only to be interrupted by Atul who advised, "Enjoy the moment, Amaya".

Amaya realized he was indeed, right but her mind was full of questions. "Atul, what if they ask you to meet any other girl during this period?" Amaya asked.

"What if you are asked to meet other boy, Amaya?" Atul queried.

Amaya chortled, "You know I told my parents that I am tired of meeting those idiots who judge me so for at least six months, my parents won't pester me", as she winked towards him like an excited school girl who narrated her plan to sneak out from house for a night-out.

"I wish my parents were also broad-minded like yours. I could have also enjoyed some peace." Atul mumbled with a chuckle.

Answering her previous question, he continued, "My parents are kind of orthodox so I would meet the girl but don't worry no one accepts me', Atul said with a sardonic laugh.

"But what if that pretty girl says a yes?" Amaya probed. She despised the idea of Atul meeting other girls but she could not sense the possessiveness building up inside her.

"I am a one-woman man, Amaya. I won't leave you in midstream." Atul confessed with utmost sincerity.

"Let's see", she mumbled and dug in her food which the waiter had served them a while ago. Her insecurities were surely piling up but she decided to keep her negative thoughts aside. It is not taxable to imagine a beautiful future together , she wondered as she relished upon her favorite pumpkin ravioli.

"This is the most weird thing we are doing", Amaya commented chuckling pointing out themselves.

"If you are guilty then we can stop right here", Atul said in anger gritting his teeth in the process.

"Umm... I don't know, Atul. Despite I want this but I am sure this would complicate things", Amaya said voicing her fears.

Atul pressed his lips in despair. "Amaya, stop it", he whisper-yelled. He was surely loosing his patience as they had this discussion many a times since the day decided to meet.

"So which was the most idiotic guy you met?" Atul asked quickly changing the topic. Though he wanted to talk about lot many things, yet he could not find any other topic to discuss.

Amaya chuckled. She realized he did not want to talk about implications of their incorrigible affair. "Well! I remember that case. He was some engineer from Bangalore." She answered.

Not meeting his eyes, she reminisced that not-so-pleasant memory and narrated, "So, he asked me about myself and his second question was, Amaya, are you a virgin? I was disgusted and I immediately asked him to get out from my house."

"Didn't you thrash him up? Goddamit, it was so low of him. Ridiculous!" mumbled Atul in despair. He was agitated, no doubts. How could a stranger ask such an intimate question judging the character of his prospective bride, he wondered.

"No, I was too shocked to react other than asking him to get out", Amaya confessed.

"You should have spoken up for yourself. No one has right to question a woman's dignity in this manner." Atul protested.

"He had a ridiculous mentality. I knew he was not a right one so I didn't waste my energy with him. And as far as my dignity and character is concerned, I don't link virginity to woman's character." Amaya shrugged.

"But, he tried to malign your character by judging you. He was such a ..." Atul protested only to be interrupted by Amaya, who claimed haughtily, "I don't waste energy on people who don't deserve me".

Atul chuckled as he chimed in, "You are certainly something", as they shared a good laughter. But in her forced laugh, he could sense that she had indeed become strong after facing all those people with pathetic mentality. He could not help but think that their regressive society indeed, had a long way to go.

"Would it matter if you get a non-virgin bride?" Amaya asked trying to probe Atul. She wanted to know all about him, his mentality and his thought-process.

She had come across several hypocrites who wrote articles about feminism on social media and lit candles in the protests demanding justice to rape victims but in reality, possessed a pathetic mentality for themselves.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

Here's the new chapter! 💞

I am really glad for your overwhelming support, we have reached 1k views.😍

A virtual rose for everyone who is reading this story for 1k thing. 🌹

Thank you 🤩

As far as Amaya and Atul are concerned, I guess, they need to explore their thoughts. 🥰

So, I am waiting for Atul's answer!!!! 😉😉😉😉😉😉

Random question:-

Does anyone watch the channel Rhyme Attacks by Abhash Jha on YouTube?

🌷Well! I will be coming up with the new update soon, till then, don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE🌷

I will be waiting for your comments ♥️

Love you all
💜