Seed of Suspicion 🙄

I am really happy today 😉

Texted Atul while sitting in his living room. With TeamViewer opened on his laptop screen, he was trying to bug the error one of his subordinates was facing while filing an application for acquiring the Digital Signature Certificate for one of his clients while his mind wandered to the time spent with Amaya.

Amaya was discussing the marketing strategies of the newly launched product with her senior colleagues at her office. The senior officials at the Novartis could not help but appreciate Amaya for her hardworking nature and novel marketing ideas for their asthma-drug. Having overworked herself for a month, she was looking forward to an increment in her salary after the Annual Performance Appraisal that was supposed to be held next month.

After a long discussion, she headed towards her cabin and a smile crept on her lips after reading Atul’s text sent an hour ago. She knew he was referring to the meeting between their parents in the evening. She replied,

And I am afraid 🙄

Atul smiled when his phone pinged but his handsome smile was replaced with a frown that marred his face as soon as he read the text. It was almost twelve in noon. Slumped on the couch in his bedroom, he was simply shuffling the TV channels frowning because he had taken leave for a week. He had not expected his parents to accept his decision in a day so he had requested a long leave but now that, everything was almost sorted, he missed going to work.

Why, my dear?

Atul responded at the text. He realized she was anxious and confused because of his father’s demand of dowry. The old man had indeed, ruined the things and broken their hearts.

Despite Amaya had work to do, she realized taking a break for ten minutes would not harm much. Contemplating if she could confess the real reason or not, she remembered she had promised Atul to discuss her fears. She replied,

Atul, I don’t think your mom will like me.

Why?

Questioned Atul almost immediately as he straightened himself switching off the television giving complete attention to their chat.

Amaya remembered Atul’s mother taunting her for wrapping Atul around her pinkie. Deciding to be truthful, Amaya typed,

She believes that I am after you

Atul could understand the fact that his mother must have spoken something to Amaya but he knew his mother would accept her wholeheartedly now that she knew that Amaya loved him dearly for who he was.

Trust me, Amaya. We will sail through. We love each other and this is what it should matter.

Amaya closed her eyes in confusion. She loved Atul dearly but she wondered if she would ever be able to stand up to the expectations of his family. She wondered what if Atul’s father expected a big fat wedding and gold jewels in the name of gift which was nothing but a demand of dowry in her dictionary.

Not knowing how to explain her fears and how would Atul react. She swiftly typed,

Atul I need to go. TTYL

Atul smiled as he realized he could clear her doubts in the evening when they would meet. Not pushing the matter further, he texted her,

We will talk about this later, dear. Take care.
And yeah, I love you 😘

Butterflies did a happy dance inside Amaya’s stomach as her heart fluttered. With blush crept on her dusky cheeks, she replied,

Me too ❤

She had surely missed these short chats during work hours in the previous month, she realized as she engrossed herself in her work.

On the other hand, Manoj was pacing to and fro in the bedroom while Vandana observed him keenly. “What happened, ji?” She asked her husband who muttered, “Nothing", and walked out the room towards the lobby.

He was really anxious for the evening. He sighed as he decided to call Manohar Aggarwal. Walking out of the house to make sure Atul or his wife did not hear the conversation, he dialled the contact saved as, ‘Aggarwals Delhi'.

Manohar was having his lunch with his friends in the office when his phone rang and glancing at the caller ID, he excused himself from the company of his colleagues and received his phone call.

Namaskar, Manohar ji”, Manoj greeted him warmly while Manohar got suspicious at the sudden phone call when he was supposed to meet the Bansals in the evening. Cursing himself for letting Amaya meet Atul at the first place, Manohar greeted him back with a hefty voice.

Praying for his daughter’s safety, Manohar wanted to see through the hidden agenda of this sudden call when he heard Manoj speaking, “Manohar ji, I would not take much time of yours. I want to meet you.”

Manohar was flabbergasted. With all suspicious thoughts clouding his mind, he wondered if it was right to go ahead with this alliance. His heart pained for his daughter as he mumbled, “Manoj ji, we are meeting in the evening. You people are coming home, I suppose.”

Manohar could hear Manoj sigh and speak, “Manohar ji, I need to meet you all alone before visiting your house. Please.”

“Manoj ji, what is the matter?” asked Manohar sternly losing his patience.

“I would just take ten minutes of yours. Please.” Manohar heard Manoj pleading and he decided to meet him and see how low these Bansals could steep. He decided to call off the alliance in case Manoj Bansal would demand money in the name of dowry. He realized he could not trade her daughter’s future for the sake of her love.

Manohar realized it would save time if he would meet the suspicious Manoj Bansal near his work place. “You can meet me at Pinewood Café near British Council sharp at five", Manohar mumbled only to hear a ‘thanks' from the other side and the line went dead.

Manohar could not concentrate on work anymore as he headed towards his cabin. On the other hand, Manoj was relieved. Going back to his son’s apartment, he ate his lunch and took rest. While his son and his wife were excitedly planning their meeting with the Aggarwals, Manoj sneaked out without telling anyone about his whereabouts.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

So what is Manoj upto?🙄

Amaya’s fears are fathomable and so are Manohar’s suspicions!😔

I hope, Atul would not be hurt anymore 😅

Trust me, story is coming to an end and there are not many twists and turns. 😜

I will be back soon, till then, please VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE 🌸

Take care 🧡

Love you all
💜