Right or Wrong? 🤔

"Hi", Neha greeted Atul welcoming him inside her cozy apartment. Exchanging the pleasantries, Atul sat on the couch admiring the beautifully decorated living room. The main centre of his attraction was the mesmerizing wall art of free birds on the wall. He could not help but appreciate Neha for the elegantly furnished house.

"It's just beautiful", Atul commented as his eyes were glued to the captivating wall art that had myriads of emotions in it.

"I got it specially designed when I purchased this apartment two years ago", Neha chimed in as she gestured her house-help to get a glass of water.

"Your parents must be proud of you", Atul replied as he was genuinely happy for Neha's success. Purchasing an apartment in a metro city had never been easy and he had himself struggled hard to buy his house last year. He realized a job in government sector gave immense security and Neha was indeed fortunate to have this wonderful job.

Atul was lost in his thoughts and he could not notice the sadness crept on Neha's gorgeous face as she mumbled, "My parents don't know this. They would never be comfortable with me paying EMIs so they think I stay in a rented apartment."

"I don't get the logic", Atul asked getting baffled as he gulped the glass of water brought for him.

"I don't even try to understand them anymore. Ten years ago, I fought hard to join my job after clearing all my exams and I am glad I did." Neha confessed reminiscing the orthodox mindset of her parents who believed working in a different city is not safe for women as too much freedom shall bring bad influence on cultured girls.

"O! I am sorry but I am really happy that you stood up for your self", Atul stated genuinely.

"No wonders your dad is friends with mine, after all, they share the same, orthodox mindset in the name of traditions", Atul mumbled and Neha could not help but chuckle.

"So, did you tell about Arjun?" Atul asked sipping the strongly brewed tea. He was feeling lighter in the cozy ambience of her tastefully decorated house perhaps, because he could talk freely with her. They had been casually talking about their lives since the day they had met because they had realized they could finally breathe in Delhi away from their orthodox families.

Letting out a sardonic laugh, Neha muttered, "I know they won't agree. They have fixed my wedding this time and I don't even know who the guy is."

"This is sheer injustice", Atul shrieked getting horrified. "How can you be so calm?", he asked as she merely chuckled.

Excitedly, Neha chortled, "They have said that I should me the groom on my engagement..."

"Are you out of your mind?" Atul hollered interrupting her. He was completely flabbergasted.

Neha grinned, "Arjun and I have a plan". She seemed to be really happy which perplexed him more.

"O! Lord, Neha. I cannot understand anything." Atul murmured as he picked up the onion fritter and relished it.

"Fritters are good, right? These are Meera's specialty." Neha chimed in with a wide grin as she appreciated the middle-aged maid who stayed with her.

"Come on, tell me about the plan", whined Atul with immense curiosity.

With a coy smile, Neha revealed, "We plan to have a registered court marriage and then we would inform my parents who would no option except of approving our relationship".

Atul was drowned in deep thoughts. He did not know if Neha was doing the right thing or not but he was sure she was left with no option. Love marriages were strictly forbidden in her family too. If her parents would find out about her affair, they were strong enough to restrict her from going out and meeting people till the point, she killed her emotions accept the groom of their choice. She was a girl and she had the burden of reputation of her whole clan on her shoulders so she was bound to act in a certain away but Atul was happy that his bubbly friend was all set to break all the stereotypes.

"What about his parents?" asked Atul wondering about the reaction of Arjun's family.

"They will sign as witness in the registrar", Neha piped in leaving Atul dumbstruck.

Atul was speechless when Neha explained, "They are super cool about everything. It is them who suggested this."

"If you are sure of everything then I would pray for your successful married life", Atul murmured but he was not satisfied at all. He had never planned to meddle in her life but today he could not help but question Neha, "What if your parents don't accept you?"

"Trust me, Atul, they will be angry but eventually they will understand my point and accept Arjun", Neha muttered with immense positivity.

"Talk to them once before taking this step, Neha. Marriage is a one-time affair. They must be having some dreams for their only daughter's marriage." Atul pestered sternly to which Neha smiled a him and replied, "Arjun and I belong to different castes and you know how my family is, Atul."

"Inform them at least. Neha, life is never rainbows and unicorns. What if something bad happens later? They will at least be able to support you." Atul tried to explain her.

"My parents blamed me for my engagement instead of that man. They did not support me when I was called names by those so-called parasitic relatives." Neha lamented in a quavering voice but she was strong enough to hold her tears back.

"See, I did not mean to make you sad", Atul murmured looking at the dejected face of the confident woman who was ready to cry at any moment.

"I am fine", Neha murmured letting out a soft sniffle.

"I hope they will understand you", Atul mumbled not knowing what to say.

Taking a deep breath, he assured her, "I will be there whenever you will need me".

"Join me at my wedding", she chirped genuinely smiling at his sweet gesture and Atul could not help but smile as he chortled, "Not before meeting Arjun after all, I need to see if he is good for you or not".

"He is the best for me. Let us have a dinner date some day. You can call Amaya while I will ask Arjun to come over. I bet you will love him." Neha formulated the plan as a smile crept on her lips as she reminded herself of Arjun, the amazing guy who had changed her life for good.

Atul fumbled as he confessed, "Neha, my father ruined everything. Amaya is not talking to me." Closing his eyes, he narrated the unexpected events of the ominous day which had ruined his life.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

I hope you are in the bliss of your health! 🥰

I know the cliffhanger is beautiful 😜

So, what is your take on Neha and Arjun? Do you want a story of them? 🤔

Anyway, I will be back with soon till then, please VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE this story 😘😘😘😘

Love you all
💜