An emotional rollercoaster 🎢

A long chapter ahead. I did not shorten it or bifurcated it to make sure it's essence remain intact.

♥️♥️♥️

Vandana was relaxing in her bedroom after washing the dishes as she craved to eat onion fritters. With her blood pressure being shot up last month, her husband had strictly forbidden her to eat the oily or spicy food. A smile crept on her lips as she admired the changed demeanor of her husband however, that smile soon turned sour as she realized her son was lonely after the stunt her husband had played. She cursed herself for not intimating her son about her husband's plan and she regretted her mistake everyday.

She could hear the pitter-patter as it was raining outside. The weather was just perfect for a cup of tea and a plate of pakoras with coriander chutney but her health did not permit her to relish upon such delicacies anymore. She was surprised when she heard the doorbell as it was just five in the evening. Manoj returned till five thirty from his office. Getting up lazily, she walked towards the main door wondering who was there to meet her despite the rains.

Outside the door, stood Atul with a hope to persuade his father to apologize from the Aggarwals. He was happy that Amaya had finally accepted him after the chaos but he was still unsure about his father. He had requested the HR of his firm to sanction him leave for a week and he had come to his home with a desire to turn his upside down life into a happy one.

It was Monday and he was waiting for someone to open the door after parking his car in the porch. He was greeted by his astounded mother and he was shocked to see her so weak. Vandana was astonished to see her son at her doorstep after the altercation last month. She was shocked to see him in Saharanpur on a week day.

"Mummy, you look so pale", Atul mumbled as he looked at the wrinkles on her face and her pale eyes with big, black dark circles.

Vandana smiled as she welcomed him inside the house avoiding his question after all, she lacked guts to tell him that the reason of her ill-health is her worries and her regrets.

"I will make tea for you and in the meanwhile, you freshen up", Vandana chimed in as she rushed into the kitchen with a gleam of joy on her face as she decided to fry some fritters for Atul.

Impatiently Atul followed her into the kitchen. Picking up the pan used to make tea in his house, he asked her, "How are you now?"

Vandana smiled. "I am better. Your father is taking good care of me." She answered while Atul laughed sarcastically.

"Mummy, cooking for a day does not make him a caring husband", he mumbled. "Come, let's sit and talk. I have something important to tell you." Atul said to his mother as he walked out of the kitchen making sure Vandana followed him.

"Golu, I am really sorry that I neither stopped him nor did I inform you about his intentions but trust me, he regrets his deeds each day", Vandana told her son with utmost sincerity.

"The man who had never taken a glass of water by himself literally makes dinner for both of us. He had been washing the clothes too." Vandana boasted about the changed demeanor of her husband and a smile crept on his lips as he imagined his father rolling the chapattis in the kitchen. The sight was not humorous but definitely unexpected.

"Mummy, since your husband is regretting I want him to apologize with the Aggarwals", Atul requested as he slumped on the sofa.

With a huge grin, Vandana asked, "Are you talking with her?"

Atul nodded. "I visited her house on Saturday. I apologized to her father and finally I talked with Amaya after one long month." Atul told recalling his moments with Amaya in her balcony.