Orthodoxy at peak 🙁

Atul took a deep breath as he washed his dishes after his meal. His mobile phone was blaring continuously. He sighed as he headed towards his bedroom. Lying on his bed, a satisfying smile crept on his face as he remembered the innocence of Amaya. He had never expected to meet an amazing girl in an arranged match but he appreciated the choice of his orthodox parents who had found this alliance.

Receiving his mother’s phone call, he greeted his mom who was angry on him. Vandana, on the other hand, was anxious to know about the meeting of her son with his prospective bride. She was continuously calling Atul who had finally received her call.

As soon as the call was picked, Vandana scolded her son, “Golu, what is this? Why weren’t you picking up the phone?”

“Mummy, I am fine. Actually I was busy with my work.” Atul lied to his mother as he wanted to avoid the drama of his mother calling him an ignorant son.

“Golu, kiddo, you must not work so hard. Take care, my boy.” Vandana chirped buying his lie. Being a devoted homemaker, Vandana trusted her husband and her son the most.

Hoping for a positive response, she asked Atul, “Golu, How did the meeting go about? Did you like the girl?”

“Mummy, if I tell you the truth, I genuinely liked her”, Atul confessed though he knew what was coming up next.

“It is a yes then”, Vandana chirped and disconnected the call leaving Atul baffled. Eventually, Atul’s anxiety subsided as he got a video call from home.

Vandana was truly elated as finally her lovely son had liked the girl. She was really proud of her hardworking son but she wanted him to get married and settle down in life. She was jealous of all her friends who played with their grandkids and she was beyond dejected when his son could not find a girl for himself despite his humongous salary.
Initially Vandana wanted a sweet and simple wife for his son who could attend kitty parties and watch daily soaps with her however, when her son emphasized about his preferences and clearly stated that he needed an independent companion in his life, Vandana had to shed off her old-school thoughts and accepted the choice of her son. However, over years when Atul was rejected by his prospective brides, she was disheartened. She longed for her grandkids in her abode but today, she was over the moon when she realized that her wonderful son, Golu finally liked a girl.

Atul smiled looking at his parents who were sitting in their bedroom as he received the video call. After exchanging pleasantries, Manoj spoke, “Golu, I am really happy that you liked Mr. Aggarwal's daughter. I will talk with him tomorrow to fasten the process of your marriage.”

Atul huffed as he rolled his eyes and dropped the bomb on his parents, “Papa, I liked Amaya, umm... Mr. Aggarwal's daughter but I am not sure about marriage.”

“What are you saying, Golu?” Vandana lamented while Manoj shouted, “Have you lost it?”

“Papa, marriage is a lifelong decision and I can’t take any decision about getting married in a day”, Atul spoke wisely choosing his words trying to explain his parents that he could not decide about a lifelong thing in a day.

“So, what you want? Do you want to date her now?” Manoj chided his son. Being a man of traditional thoughts, he despised the women who worked but he had given in when his son was adamant to marry a working girl. He was horrified at the mere thought of meeting a girl all alone before wedding frequently. He was mortified as he realized that westernization was badly impacting his son.

“Papa, I just want to meet her once again, talk to her for about a month and then make a wise decision so that we don’t regret later”, Atul expressed his thoughts hesitantly. He knew it was difficult to explain his parents, the importance of compatibility in a married life but he wanted to try his best.

“Golu, you are lucky enough that you got a chance to meet your bride all alone. In our times, I had just seen your mother once before our marriage but this doesn’t mean that we aren’t happy today.” Manoj tried to coax his son.

“Golu, I told you to find a simple girl from Saharanpur itself. These modern girls from Delhi are way to modern. I am sure she is finding ways for you to spend your bank balance, otherwise, how could a girl agree to meet an unknown boy again that too without any commitment.” Vandana gave a horrifying expression as she lamented. No doubts, the daily soaps had taken a toll on her after all, she did nothing except of watching them after completing the household chores everyday.

“Mummy, first of all, she is earning too good and there is no need for her to spend my money to fulfil her luxuries. Secondly, we have agreed to make a wise decision and we need to make sure that we are compatible. Thirdly, no more discussion over this.” Atul sternly spoke to his parents. He knew Amaya was anything but a gold-digger and he disliked the orthodox opinion of his parents about women.

“Golu, is this the way to talk with your mother? Boy, just come back to Saharanpur. Shift your work-base immediately. You have lost all your mannerisms since the day you shifted to Delhi.” Manoj scolded his son as he disliked the stern tone Atul had used. Moreover, he was disappointed at the fact that Atul was siding a girl whom he had just met once today.

Taking a deep breath, Manoj announced, “And as far as this Aggarwal girl is concerned, I am rejecting her tomorrow morning”, with a scowl on his face.

“Papa, but...”, Atul tried to reason but was stopped by his father who had already made a decision.

“See, how our son is talking with us after meeting that cunning girl, ji. Please reject her, ji.” Vandana requested her husband as she indirectly made a point clear to Atul that she would never accept Amaya.

“Mummy,... Papa...”, Atul tried to reason with them but he was clearly disappointed when his call was disconnected.

“Ugh!”, he exclaimed as he huffed and whined in irritation. Lying on his bed, he straightened his back and smiled reminiscing the beautiful moments he spent with Amaya. He resolved that he wanted to meet her again, find a closure and then decide for a future even if it meant to go against his parents.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

So, here's the trouble in paradise for Gattu and Golu? 🙁

janhavimhalagi I will use Gundu next time 😉

But what is our Golu upto and will Gattu agree?🤔

To get the answers, stay tuned 😍

I will be back soon, till then, don't forget to, VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE 💙🧡💙🧡💙🧡💙

Love you all
💜