Emotional mess 😅

With tears brimming in her eyes, Amaya drove to her house. She felt ashamed of falling in love with Atul because of her father’s reaction. Having known that her father was beyond annoyed, her heart ached to have realized that she had brutally shattered her father that too, on her birthday.
Occasionally sniffling all the while, she entered her house only to be greeted by her horrified mother and disappointed father.

“You have been my pride, Gattu. How could you go against me?” Manohar asked in a calm voice though he was burning in anger.

“Papa.. I a.. am so... sorry”, Amaya hiccupped.

“Your sorry won’t change anything, Gattu. Thirty two years ago, I was elated to have you in my arms but today, you have shattered my pride.” Manohar hollered shattering Amaya.

Nirmala took a sharp breath and uttered, “Manohar, listen to her at least". She was been enlightened about the whole matter by Atul, who was waiting two blocks away from their home. Nirmala had asked him to wait as she wanted to mellow down her angry husband before inviting Atul inside. Being a considerate fellow, Atul wanted to talk with Manohar and explain that he truly loved Amaya.

Manohar sat on one of the accent chairs and gestured Amaya to speak while Nirmala bought a glass of water for her daughter. Gulping down the cool liquid in her parched throat, Amaya spoke, “I am sorry, Papa. Despite, the alliance was rejected by his parents, we decided to meet and find a closure. Having spent our times together, we have fallen in love with each other.”

Amaya had kept her eyes shut and she had been mortified to confess her feelings in front of his father. Manohar, on the other hand, was horrified. “Do you even know what you are up to, Gattu?” he chided.

“He is probably using you, my child. He will play with you and your emotions till the point he won’t meet his bride. After that, he would just marry to the girl chosen by his parents.” Manohar explained. Being an old man, he had heard several of such cases where men lured girls to get intimate with them and then, left them. He was terrified to have the same opinion for Atul.

“Papa, he had decided to talk with his parents", Amaya stuttered protecting Atul from her father’s wrath.

Nirmala chirped, “He is a good guy, Manohar. He even helped our little princess to choose those beneficial investments we had talked about.” Nirmala had already asked Atul to come inside.

“Nirmala, you too are siding that cunning man", Manohar said with sheer disappointment in his tone.

“Those Bansals rejected our girl outright. Why would they agree?” Manohar posed a question in front of both the ladies.

“Papa, meet them please”, Amaya requested.

“Not happening. They will make a laughing stock of us in the whole society. Dammit, I won’t be able to find a groom for you.” Manohar shouted angrily.

As much as Amaya wanted to scream that she needed no one except Atul, she kept shut and flinched at her father’s anger. She was clearly disappointed at the turn of events. Fresh stream of tears began to trickle from her dark brown orbs but her father did not have a tinge of empathy for his lovesick daughter.

Her trance was broken when the doorbell rang and her mother opened the door excitedly.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Manohar bellowed angrily looking at Atul who graced his presence. As soon as Atul greeted Nirmala and bowed down to touch her feet, Manohar shouted brusquely, “Get out of my house, right now”.

Amaya was dumbstruck but she appreciated Atul’s efforts to walk into lion’s den confidently. She wondered how Bansals would react after knowing everything given that, they were more orthodox than her father.

Giving her an assuring nod, Atul opened his mouth to speak, “Sir...”
“Out”, Manohar shrieked glaring at Atul. Timidly, Atul walked up to the sofa lying in the living room and took his seat.

“Sir, I love your daughter”, Atul confessed meekly. He found Manohar’s anger simply scary. Being a man, Atul could fathom the concerns of a father for his daughter but still he found Manohar getting over board.

“Is that so?”, Manohar challenged Atul who was taken aback with the reply.
Atul nodded in affirmation while Amaya listened to the conversation keenly. Nirmala, on the other hand, was finding ways to convince her husband.

Manohar declared, “Then let her go”, shocking everyone in the room.
Amaya was baffled. Even before Atul could speak, Amaya protested, “Papa...”.

Interrupting his daughter, Manohar ordered, “Go inside”, gesturing Nirmala to take Amaya inside.

Amaya protested again, this time meekly, “But....”

“Either you go inside or he will go out”, Manohar thundered. Amaya had never seen her father so upset. Closing her eyes in despair, she let out an exasperated sigh. Meekly, she stood up and walked to her room upstairs while Atul’s heart pained looking at Amaya’s distressed state.

Atul was losing his patience every second. Sternly yet, politely; Atul explained, “Sir, I am making you clear that I love her. I don’t love her to let her go. I love her to stay with her.”

Manohar felt his doubts about Atul being true. Angrily, he growled, “I am not modern enough to promote live-in relationships, you scoundrel”.

Before Manohar could stand up, walk up to Atul and throw him out of his house, Atul stated, “I want to marry her”.

“You Bansals rejected her because she is outspoken and independent”, Manohar frowned. Enraged beyond measure, he hissed, “What game are you playing now?”

With immense maturity and politeness, Atul confessed, “I apologize on the behalf of my parents. Initially I got attracted to the maturity and thought-process of your daughter. Today, I love her for who she is because she accepted me as I am.”

Manohar could not help but admire Atul. He was completely fine with Atul marrying Amaya provided Bansals approved of this relationship. Manohar knew Atul had a stable career and his behaviour showed that he was a sensible guy. Softening his stance, Manohar complimented, “You are a wizard of words”.

“Sir, she is truly an amazing girl. Her face is glowing and I am proud to be the reason of her smile.” Atul bragged smiling at Amaya’s father. Grinning, he pleaded, “Please, don’t snatch away her happiness that too, on her birthday”.

“You care of her genuinely and I admire you for this”, Manohar praised Atul.

“Sir, I will talk to my parents”, Atul announced smiling at his would-be father-in-law. “I want you to approve this relationship”, Atul pleaded.

Manohar had realized that Atul was a good man but he was sure that Bansals were a bit orthodox. He was afraid that Manoj Bansal would not approve of this relationship especially when the couple was in love. Deciding to voice out his insecurities, Manohar uttered, “But...”.

Interrupting Manohar, Atul assured him, “Sir, trust me, they will come to ask your daughter’s hand from you respectfully”.

“I don’t think Mr. Bansal would agree for this”, Manohar spoke his mind.
“Sir, that’s my part to do but as of now, please tell Amaya that you want to give all this a chance”, Atul replied smiling at Manohar while the old man admired the confidence of his would-be son-in-law.

With concerns about Amaya, Atul pleaded, “She is sad. She has been crying all the while. Please.”

Manohar smiled and got up. Walking up to Atul, who was sitting on the sofa and gently patted his back. Atul stood up and bowed down and touched Manohar’s feet to receive his much-needed blessings.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

I am back with the new update!

The upcoming chapter has a romantic surprise 🙈

I don't know, call me, old-school or whatever but I could justify Manohar at every stance, his anger and his softening stance both!

What are your views on this chapter? 🤔

I will be back soon, till then, don't forget to, VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE THE STORY WITH YOUR FRIENDS ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Love you all
💜