Unfathomable concerns 😔

“Gattu, please freshen up and change", Nirmala ordered her daughter as soon as Amaya returned from her office. Nirmala was totally pissed off. Though she wanted to believe Atul was a nice guy but she was suspicious of his sudden arrival in their lives after a complete month.

“Mumma, Atul informed me that they will come around six thirty", Amaya chimed in trying to hide her emotions. She was overwhelmed with joy and fear both at the same time. She wished things to end up well and she was looking forward to get engaged with Atul soon but still, a constant fear of his parents’ behaviour was looming in her head.

Nirmala nodded and rushed to the dining area as she heard her phone ringing. She received the call and after few seconds, she instructed, “Bhaiya, turn to the left from the temple and my house is just the third one in the lane".

“Who is it, Mumma?” asked Amaya curiously.

“O! It was the Zomato guy. I ordered the dinner from restaurant.” Nirmala revealed. When her husband had asked to arrange the dinner for the Bansals, she decided to order the meals because she did not want to prepare meals and be a good host only for her daughter to be insulted at the end of the day. She opted for placing an order as the cooked meal shall save her time and energy.

“That’s really good", Amaya chirped as she called her father wondering where he was but she got worried when the phone remained unanswered. Swallowing her worries, she headed to her bedroom and was shocked to see a heavily embroidered maroon coloured kurti kept on her bed.

Furiously, she headed towards the living area only to find her mother paying the delivery boy. She helped her mother to carry the food packets in the kitchen when she hissed, “Mummy, why is that suit lying on my bed?”

“Don’t you want to doll up today for Atul's parents?” taunted Nirmala as she unpacked the food packets and transferred the contents in serving bowls.

“Mummy, are you not happy with everything?” Amaya asked her mother helping her in the kitchen.

Taking a deep breath, Nirmala retorted, “Gattu, I am worried of your future. What if they create problems after marriage?”

“Mummy, you need to trust Atul”, replied Amaya getting irritated because her mother was voicing out the same concerns she had in the back of her mind.

Nirmala huffed in response. Sighing, she reprimanded her daughter, “You want me to trust him when there are so many crimes happening all around the country. Do you know recently a girl was burnt alive by her in-laws because her parents did not pay dowry. Did I raise you up for this day?”

Amaya was horrified. She felt empathy for that unknown girl whose story was circulating on the social media channels and newspapers but could she be one of such unfortunate girls, she wondered. The mere thought of comparison had shook her hard. Her voice quavered, “Mummy....”, and she broke down not knowing what to speak.

“Gattu, forget Atul. We would die witnessing tears in your eyes. If he cared for you, he would have reached to us before hand.” Nirmala persisted as she hugged her daughter wiping her tears.

Amaya did not know what to do. She closed her eyes in despair as she murmured, “Mummy, I stopped Atul to meet you or talk with me and I don’t think he is one of those kinds who would beat their wives”, defending Atul.

“Gattu, I don’t know what you want but I will not allow this marriage if you are supposed to leave Delhi. I will myself accompany you to your in-laws house whenever needed. I will stay with you there. I cannot trust Bansals anymore.” Nirmala announced half-heartedly while Amaya hugged her mother hard as tears were overflowing from her eyes. She was overwhelmed with her mother’s concern for her.

The emotional moment was broken when the doorbell rang and Nirmala rushed at the door instructing her daughter to get ready. Reluctantly Amaya went to her bedroom after she was relieved to see her father back at home.

She glanced at the heavy maroon suit and kept it back into the almirah. She did not want to overdo the things when Atul’s father was supposed to apologize for his misdeeds. She wanted to marry Atul but on her terms and conditions. Taking out a simple peach coloured kurti with chikankari embroidery, she freshened up and got ready for the D-day when Atul called her up.

“Hey", she mumbled softly only to hear his deep, masculine voice greeting her.

“I will just lock my apartment and we will come soon", mumbled Atul gleefully.

“Atul, promise me, you won’t do anything stupid", murmured Amaya as all her fears began to seep in.

“Amaya, don’t you trust me?” Atul asked. He was not offended but simply perturbed with Amaya’s insecurities.

Amaya huffed. “Atul, mummy is afraid that things won’t end up good in my life", she mumbled just ready to cry.

“Amaya, my father made a mistake and he is ready to apologize. Why are you insecure?” asked Atul losing his patience. He hated to hear the quavering voice of someone he loved.

“Atul, are you sure that your parents are actually happy with me?” Amaya asked and a tear trickled down on her face.

“Can you stop crying for God’s sake, Amaya?” reprimanded Atul heatedly. Pressing his lips together, he realized Amaya was just adding to his anxiety.

“Dear, trust me for once. My parents are ready for this wedding. You have to spend your life with me, not my parents.” He tried to coax her.

“Atul, marriage is not about individuals, it is about families”, Amaya tried to reason pissing off Atul more. He was already annoyed at his father who had sneaked out at the last minute. Though Manoj Bansal had come back, Atul was still not able to trust his father completely.

“Amaya, I am getting late. We will talk later. Bye.” Atul mumbled taking a deep breath. He did not want to create another mess in annoyance.

Amaya hummed when Atul murmured, “I want you to remember that I love you, Amaya”. He smiled disconnecting the phone as he rushed out of his room and instructed his parents to behave in the presence of Aggarwals.

Amaya on the other hand, sat on her bed confused. She wondered if she was doing the right thing or not.

"Am I betraying my parents by choosing my love?"
She questioned herself and stood defeated in front of the mirror when she lacked an answer.

"Can you marry someone else to make your mother happy?"
Her brain mocked her and she was surprised to feel disgusted upon the thought of marrying someone else.

Her fears were killing her when she walked out towards the living room only to hear her mother hollering at her father.

Agitatedly, Nirmala was shouting at Manohar. “I swear I will not forgive you if anything happen to my child. You are believing those scoundrels. How can you be so desperate to get our daughter married?” Nirmala lamented and Amaya’s heart pained looking at her mother.

“Nirmala, I met Manoj Bansal today. He apologized and tried hard to clear the mess. Come on, Gattu loves Atul. They have been really close. They must be having dreams. We should not do injustice to them.” Manohar tried to explain his wife not noticing Amaya yet.

“What if they are just playing along? What if they kill my daughter?” Asked Nirmala getting horrified.

Manohar hugged his wife and cooed her assuring that nothing bad would happen while Amaya cleared her throat. Neither did she want to see her father cooing her mother nor she wanted her mother to cry anymore.

“Meet them, mummy. I will abide by your decision.” Mumbled Amaya with a heavy heart. She was torn between Atul and her mother and she did not know whom she should choose.

Her reverie of thoughts was broken when the doorbell rang indicating the arrival of the guests.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

So this is another short chapter but I wanted to show the concerns of Nirmala.

माँ तो माँ होती है !💫

A mother is just a mother who wants fo shield her children from every adversities 🌸

As much as I don't justify Nirmala's behaviour especially when I want to end this story soon, but I can understand her concerns. 😊

I will be clearing all the mess in next to next chapter!! 😅

I shall upload next chapter tomorrow!! 🥰

P.S i might give you double updates tomorrow 😜

Stay tuned, and take care 🧡

My smile is waiting for you votes 🙈

Love you all
💜