Convinced? 💭

Atul wanted to bang his head on the wall after realizing that it was fruitless to explain his parents that he is not a paedophile to marry an eighteen year old kid. He was ashamed of his parents who were getting unreasonable just because they were being offered a lumpsum of money. He decided to calmly convince his father to meet the Aggarwals after all, he was committed to Amaya in a love relationship.

"No Papa. I will marry Amaya and only Amaya. And yes, she is the Aggarwal's girl so technically it is an arranged marriage." He spoke in a calmer tone quickly changing the topic. He was concerned about Riya but more than that, he wanted to clear the mess his parents were creating in his life.

"This match can never happen", hollered Manoj angrily glaring at his son.

"Why are you both against my happiness?" asked Atul eyeing towards both of his parents. He was tired of their irritating mindset. He was trying hard to avoid an argument because he needed them to meet Aggarwals.

Despite, he was ashamed of his parents at this moment, he was ignoring everything and concentrating over a diplomatic conversation.

"Because we know that cunning girl is not good for you", his mother chimed in annoyingly while Atul sighed exasperatedly. His parents were too narrow-minded and he lacked patience to explain things to them. All he wanted was, them to meet Aggarwals and fix his marriage.

"She is one desperate woman clinging to you", his father spoke with sheer disgust laced in his voice and Atul wondered how was it was for both his parents to judge girls. Amaya was the purest soul he had met by now but his parents were being overboard in judging her.

Sighing exasperatedly, he mumbled, "O! God how can I explain you?" because he, who had convinced Amaya's father was finding it impossible to deal with his parents. He wondered Amaya was indeed, lucky to have an amazing set of parents while he would have done some dire crimes in his past lives to have got a weird set of parents.

"Just tell me, why did she meet you even when we rejected her", Manoj demanded glowering at his son.

Atul shrugged, "Because I insisted her to do that", telling the truth but he did not realize that his parents were capable of making a mountain of a molehill.

"Even if you did that, didn't she have any shame", spoke Manoj menacingly leaving Atul enraged. Atul was baffled at the judgemental perspective of his father. He wondered how would Amaya adjust in his family. He pondered if he was actually worthy of Amaya, given his brusque family.

"Why?" Atul demanded. He knew he had done nothing and he decided to take a stand for Amaya and protect her dignity which was constantly judged in his living room.

"She is ready to meet unknown boys. I don't know what her parents must have taught her." His mother spoke with hatred and disgust for Amaya while Atul wondered if he had actually committed a crime falling in love with Amaya!

"She has no ounce of self-respect. Such a desperate girl!", Atul's father mumbled while Atul's anger reached new heights.

"It was you who got us acquainted at the first place so technically, you are shameless", Atul hollered glaring at both of his parents and gestured them to stop speaking against Amaya.

"How dare you?" Manoj glowered challenging his son.

"What wrong did I say? If she is desperate then so am I." Atul snarled menacingly.

Realizing the temperature in the room was heating up, Vandana reprimanded her son, "Stop being unreasonable, Golu."

"Why are you still here?" Manoj asked his wife disliking the fact that his son was insulting him in front of Vandana. Being afraid of ruining his image, he ordered his wife, "Get a cup of tea for me along with some pakoras".

Vandana nodded and rushed to the kitchen mentally deciding to chop some potatoes and onions to prepare the fritters for her husband. Having a tiring day, she did not want additional work on her head but she could not agitate her husband especially when he was already angry at Atul.

"You are a boy. Society won't question your character." Manoj coaxed Atul showcasing his patriarchal mindset but little did he know that no one was bothered to question Amaya too, because falling in love was not a crime.

"Then society has no right to question hers too", Atul replied haughtily.

Taking a deep breath, Atul asked his father, "Are you not being unreasonable, Papa?" very politely.

"Why did you meet her again?" Manoj questioned annoyingly.

"We clicked instantly on the first meeting. I wanted to meet her and know more about her to make a wise decision." Atul confessed sheepishly.

"You will click with Riya too", Manoj countered still not mellowing down despite, his son was pleading him keeping his self-respect aside.

"No Papa", Atul protested.

"Papa, meet Aggarwals at least once. Amaya is a gem. I am sure you will like her." Atul pleaded his father helplessly.

"No", Manoj hollered trying not to look at the helpless eyes of his son. Atul was an apple of his eyes and Manoj had always fulfilled all the desires of his son but today, he could not bow down in front of Atul's unreasonable demand. "I have already rejected her", Manoj mumbled while Atul stared at him hopelessly.

"Papa, she took pains to know me beyond my looks. When she got to know that I am suffering from hypertension, instead of avoiding me, she chose to stand by me just like a good life partner." Atul confessed trying to coax his father who looked at him dumbstruck.

The rational side of Manoj's mind forced him to at least meet Amaya once and consider her as an option but within seconds, the lust for 50 lakh overpowered his rational mind and he decided to disapprove Amaya for once and all.

"Stop it, Golu. She is after your money and our legacy, this house and other properties we have." Manoj hollered disapprovingly.

"Goddamit, Papa. She earns really well, just at par with me. And please, stop this legacy song for God's sake. She has more than us." Atul bellowed with equal intensity.

"This match would lead to a chaotic life, my child", Manoj tried to manipulate Atul.

"Meet Riya. She is young and not as educated as you. You can mould her as you want and she will respect you just like your mother respects me. She will never question you." He suggested his son trying to persuade him to marry Riya despite, he knew the chances were slim.

"Papa, I don't want someone who could be moulded. I want a life partner who is equal to me. I desire to have someone who has an opinion instead of a disciple who would follow me wherever I go." Atul spoke with utmost sincerity forcing his father to meet Aggarwals politely.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, Atul explained, "Papa, Riya is a kid. She is almost half of my age. I cannot think of meeting a child as my prospective bride."

"Moreover, I love Amaya with bottom of my heart. I will marry her only." Atul badgered with determination in his eyes.

"How could you be so shameless, Golu? How could you go against me?" Manoj challenged his son trying to emotionally blackmail him and coax him for the marriage with Riya Goyal, the golden bird.

Vandana hurriedly came inside with a tray containing a cup of piping hot tea and some freshly prepared fritters.

"Please meet her parents once", pleaded Atul courteously.

"I don't think it is a good idea", Manoj .grumbled as he took the cup of tea and munched an onion fritter while Vandana stood beside the accent chair where Atul was sitting.

"Papa, trust me, it is the best idea", chortled Atul with a glint of happiness in his eyes mentally deciding to visit the Hanuman temple with a kilogram of his favorite ladoos as an oblation.

"Okay, only if you say so. Vandana, make arrangements for our journey to Delhi while I talk with Aggarwals." Manoj agreed with Atul as an evil idea popped in his mind.

"Thank you", Atul chimed in as he stood up excitedly. All he wanted was, to rush in his bedroom and share this happy news with the love of his life, Amaya.

"But if things didn't go as per you, Golu, you will be marrying Riya without any tantrums." Manoj pit forth his condition while Atul whined, "Ugh! It will only be Amaya", and sprinted off to his bedroom.

"Ji, why did you agree with Golu?" asked Vandana from her husband with much disappointment about meeting the Aggarwals. She could not find anything good in Amaya and she hated the poor girl for wrapping her son on her pinkie finger.

"Come on, Vandana just wait and watch", chuckled Manoj while Vandana also smiled.

"Have trust on me", Manoj coaxed his wife still not revealing his cunning plan to jinx the love of his son for Amaya.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

I am ashamed of Manoj. I do not endorse such thinking at all.

What is Manoj planning?

How would Amaya's family react?

I will be back soon, till then, please hit the ⭐ button and share your views!🌷

Sneak peak,
Compensatory moments of Amaya and Atul on the phone call 😜

Love you all
💜