Mending hearts 💞

“Hear me out, Amaya", Atul pleaded with tears brimming in his eyes that were ready to trickle down. He was devastated when Amaya had asked him to leave but he did not love her to abandon her. All he wanted was to curse his father for ruining his life. He had realized Amaya was lying to him after all, she was not able to meet his eyes while she blamed him for being greedy and demanding dowry. He could not comprehend the reason of her lies.

“You will leave after spouting your nonsense”, bellowed Amaya hiccupping all the while trying hard not to sob out loud. She gestured him to talk. Atul wanted to hug her and console her but he refrained to do so after all, he did not want to get kicked out of her house once again.

“Amaya, I swear I did not know anything about my father’s intentions. If I knew I would have made sure he could never do such thing.” Atul concluded after narrating his side of story.

Recalling all the events of that ominous day when his father had come at Amaya’s house, Atul had told the truth to Amaya who was just glaring at him all the while. “I had a full-fledged argument with him and my parents left for my hometown on the same day”, Atul told her trying to convince her that he did not desire any kind of dowry from their marriage alliance.

“Why did you come here?” she rebuked at him.

“Amaya, I met my friend who suggested me to meet you at your home since you had blocked me at all the social media platforms”, Atul admitted the truth. He could lied to her stating that he was unable to live without her like manipulative boyfriends but he decided to state the truth.

Atul pleaded, “I was ashamed to face your parents after reading your text, Amaya. I am extremely sorry to put you through all this. Please forgive me.”

Amaya queried, “Which friend?” out of curiosity as she knew Atul did not like discussing his personal life with friends. She wanted to know about this special friend.

Atul mumbled, “Neha. She is the daughter of my father’s friend and she belongs to my hometown. She has a job here.”

Amaya was green in jealousy as she remembered Atul was talking about the same Neha whom he had met once as an arranged marriage prospect. Angrily she spat, “Are you sure her father would fulfil your demand of fifty lakhs?” glaring at him and Atul chuckled at her possessive nature.

“I want to marry you, my green-eyed monster and she is in love with one of her colleagues", Atul chortled grinning at her earning a nasty glare. Before Amaya could shout at him, he clarified, “I am not interested in anyone except you, Amaya".

“She is just a good friend", he murmured while Amaya glowered, “She better be". For a moment she had forgotten about their ongoing altercation as she feared that Atul was drifting away from her. Though she trusted him and knew he was loyal to her, she was insecure of the fact that Atul had befriended the gorgeous Neha. Respecting the friendship and bond they shared, Amaya had never expressed her discernment in the past but today, she felt insecure, perhaps, because she was longing for him.

“Amaya, I need another chance", Atul requested after telling her complete truth. He had told her how he was manipulated by his father and he had also revealed about the quarrel he had with his parents. Amaya was happy that Atul had supported her just like a perfect spouse but she despised the fact that he was not talking with his father since last month. She knew Manoj Bansal had made a grave mistake but she believed Atul should fulfil the responsibilities of a good son even if it meant leaving her.

“Atul, I am sorry but I cannot give you another chance. I have my own reasons.” She announced as she got up to leave. She wanted to avoid his company because she was sure that she was mellowing down.

“Care to explain”, Atul demanded with all the politeness he could muster as he caught her arm and stopped her in her tracks.

Letting out a sarcastic laugh, Amaya rebuked, “Atul, you want explanation. Let me tell you, your father has insulted me, my upbringing and my family.”

“I will make sure he apologizes, Amaya. I don’t promise that I would collect stars from the sky for you but I am sure I will fulfil the lifelong promise of keeping you happy, Amaya.” Atul spoke with utmost sincerity in his voice. The longing for her was evident in his pleading voice. Intensity of love in his black eyes was acting like a magnetic pull for Amaya.

“That shall create a rift between you and your parents, Atul”, Amaya voiced out her concern and Atul could not help but respect her more for caring about his old parents.

“Is this the reason you lied that I wanted dowry?" Atul asked her finally understanding the hint towards the reason of her lies. He realized she was an amazing woman to think about his parents' well-being especially after their misbehaviour. Respect for her rose unimaginable heights inside his heart.

With her head bowed down and eyes glued to the marble floor, Amaya mustered all her strength as she confessed, “Yes". Closing her eyes, she clarified, “Atul, don’t take me wrong but see, they are your parents. They must have faced many hardships and emotional turmoil to bring you up. They must have given upon their dreams for the sake of your better future.”

Atul smiled while Amaya paused for a while. She took a deep breath and continued, “I feel, being the only son, you need to have a strong emotional connection with your parents. You must tend to their needs whenever any such situation arises. I can understand it is not feasible for you to be physically present around them owing to your job but I want you to stay emotionally close to them. You cannot abandon them like this for the sake of me.”

As soon as Amaya finished her monologue, Atul got up and stood in front of her. With a bright smile on his face, he murmured, “Amaya, you are an amazing woman. You don’t have to be so harsh on yourself. You need to be a bit selfish and care for your feelings. You did not have to lie and push me away. We could have talked and sorted out, right. Look at yourself, you got so weak. Don’t punish yourself ever, my cupcake.” Amaya nodded in agreement with a sweet smile on her face.

“Promise me that we will talk and sort out things instead of pushing away each other or running away from the circumstances”, Atul requested and Amaya nodded. “I promise to discuss the problems with you and find a solution", Amaya replied.

Squeezing her shoulders, he murmured, “You know I just want to kiss you right now for your beautiful, selfless and caring thoughts. I love you from the bottom of my heart and I promise I would never leave you. I will never abandon my parents and my in-laws, Amaya".

Amaya smiled as she realized her happiness laid with Atul and her family. If her father had asked her to meet Atul, she was sure he must have realized the genuine feelings of Atul for her. If Atul’s father would apologize with her parents, Atul definitely deserved a chance after all, he was perfect for her and she loved him.

Amaya stood on her toes to reach Atul’s height and brushed her lips onto his rough ones. “You can kiss me after your father sorts out the mess he has created", she whispered as pinkish hue crept on her dusky cheeks.

Atul smiled as his hands caught on her waist. Admiring the love for him in her eyes, he mumbled, “I will kiss you after our wedding, Amaya, otherwise your father will break my teeth”, as he laughed out loud.

“What?” she asked inquisitively to which Atul admitted, “I showed your last message to him while I tried to convince him that I was actually ashamed to face everyone.”

Amaya had turned crimson as she realized she had mentioned about her first kiss in that message. She did not know how to face her father after her secret was out. She knew her father would not judge her but she was feeling shy. “Idiot", she murmured as she hid her blushing face on his masculine chest which was vibrating because of his hearty laugh.

Engulfing her in his warm embrace, Atul inhaled her lavender scent enjoying the proximity while Amaya found solace listening to his heartbeat. Cherishing each other’s company after a long month, Amaya mumbled, “Talk with your father, Atul. He will have to apologize.” Subtly Amaya had told him that she loved him but she would never compromise on her self-respect and Atul was proud of her.

“Amaya, I will ensure that my father will apologize and we shall have a simple wedding with no dowry and no gifts. I will make sure my father would not trouble you or my in-laws in future. I promise.” Atul whispered with a hopeful smile on his face and Amaya prayed to the Almighty to ensure Atul’s promise was fulfilled.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

This is a sweet chapter written after ages! I enjoyed writing it 🥰

So, Amaya and Atul are back together with a promise to discuss and sort out things maturely. 😅

I don't appreciate Amaya being jealous but many a times, people get jealous and insecure out of no reason.🙄

Kiss is postponed, dear readers! Atul cannot take risks anymore 😅🙈

So, Atul and Manoj will be meeting up and I guess, Manoj should apologize ☺

I will be back soon, till then shower your love on this story. Please vote and share your views on this chapter. 💚

Song added as the media was suggested by canapoem and it is truly, apt on this situation. Do enjoy this beautiful song.
Thank a lot canapoem 🧡

Take care 💙

Love you all
💜