Cupcake 🧁

“Hello Amaya, how are you doing?”, Atul chirped grinning like a Chesire cat when Amaya had finally received his call. He was calling with the telephone number of his office. He felt a sharp pain in his heart realizing that Amaya was deliberately ignoring his call but it did not matter anymore.

“Atul", Amaya shrieked recognizing his voice. She was compiling the sales report for the annual audits in her office and she was elated to hear his voice though, at the very next moment, she got angry. Atul smiled realizing that she had not forgotten him.

Atul grinned. His chuckle was interrupted with Amaya’s angry voice. She bellowed, “Send me an online invitation. I will attend your marriage Congratulations that you fixed your new bride.”

Atul chuckled, “Amaya, it is never Neha or anyone else”. Huskily, he voiced out, “It is just you in my life now.”

His heart was broken when his heartfelt confession was discarded like a used tissue. Amaya, who was controlling her sobs, was at the verge of breakdown. Hearing his confession, her heart fluttered. Somewhere in her heart, she knew he was telling the truth but rational side of her mind was clouded with jealousy.

“I am deeply saddened that your bride rejected you, Mr. Bansal”, Amaya taunted him.

“I just met her for the sake of my parents”, Atul tried to explain when she muttered, “Liar", on the other side of the phone.

“No, I am not lying. My bride is howling at me for no reason, soon-to-be Mrs. Bansal", Atul jabbered rather, coolly. He knew he was coquetting with her to mellow her down but he could not care less. With piles of files on his table, his eyes were constantly searching for the error in the balance sheets. He wanted to persuade Amaya for another meeting in the evening by hook or crook quickly otherwise he would be called upon by the HR people to focus on work.

Amaya, on the other hand, smiled brightly. Her anger was long forgotten as it was replaced by shyness. “I won’t change my surname", she murmured biting her lips.

Atul chuckled in response. He had not expected that Amaya would change from fiery tigress into a marshmallow this soon. “And I am not marrying you", Atul heard Amaya speaking from the other side which made him simper more. Amaya was obviously trying to cover up whatever she had said moments ago. She did not want to sound desperate especially when Atul was meeting other prospects.

“Amaya, we will have to meet, talk and then decide our wedding dates, right", Atul yammered joyously. Having met Neha, he had realized he wanted Amaya in his life. Being a simple man, he believed he had known Amaya well to spend his life with her. He was waiting to explore things about Amaya later on when he would spend his life with her. Precisely, he had made his decision.

“What is her name?” Amaya asked quickly changing the topic. She was elated at the light-hearted confession but she wanted to feign her annoyance.

“Whose?” Atul asked cautiously.

“Your bride's", Amaya said trying to suppress her giggles.

“Amaya Aggarwal”, Atul teased her.

“Ugh... I am talking about the girl you met", Amaya groaned while she had turned beetroot red.

“Her name is Neha and she is not my bride”, Atul said with utmost sincerity in his voice. He was subtly making it clear that Amaya should drop her act of jealousy.

Hearing a groan from her side, he imagined him turning green in jealousy. He chortled, “You are adorable when you are jealous".

“I am not jealous", Amaya protested.

“You are", Atul guffawed.

“No", she explained.

“Yes", he claimed.

“Why would I be jealous?” She demanded chuckling.

“You know the answer", Atul replied in a husky tone turning her scarlet-red once again.

Biting her lips, she asked coyly, “Why are you mocking me?”

“I am not. I am just happy.” Atul chimed in excitedly.

“So, you are happy getting rejected from Neha”, Amaya taunted incredulously giving a tight-lipped smile. Both of them had apparently forgotten that were talking in the working hours.

“Yes", he accepted leaving her bewildered.

“Why?” She asked.

With utmost sincerity in his voice, Atul admitted, “Because we as in, I and you click well with each other”, and Amaya turned into deeper shade of red.

“I was asking why did she reject you”, Amaya mumbled stuttering. Atul could imagine a cute blush spreading on her adorable cheeks.

“We met because we were forced by our parents", he clarified.

“What if she would have not rejected you?” She voiced out her insecurities.

“I would have done that then", he replied casually.

“Can we meet today?” Atul asked out of blue.

“No, I am busy", Amaya told him guiltily. She wanted to meet him but unfortunately, her tight schedule could not spare her some time for the date.

“Can you try meeting me tomorrow then?” Atul pleaded mentally wishing for an affirmative reply.

“Reach at Humayun’s Tomb at eleven on Sunday", Amaya ordered rather boldly. She was not free for the whole week but she genuinely wanted to spend her weekend with Atul.

Atul teased her, “I am glad you are asking me out on a date".

“I dare you, if you will keep me waiting even for a minute, I won’t meet you ever", Amaya warned him. She hated to wait for Atul cluelessly while His Highness was always late since their very first meeting.

“I promise to be on time", Atul promised.

“See you then", Amaya said realizing she had work to do.

“Bye, dear", Atul bade her goodbye hesitantly.

“Find some good endearment”, she demanded. Amaya wanted to feel special.

“Okay, my cupcake", he guffawed. He was satisfied at the turn of events.

“Cupcake?” She asked surprisingly clearly enjoying the state of moving ahead in this relationship.

“That’s my favorite dessert", he admitted huskily.

“Bye", spoke Amaya ultimately disconnecting the phone while she blushed hard with a broad smile on her lips.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi dear friends

I am here with a new update, a short one, yeah, but its close to my heart.

This chapter is dedicated to my cupcakes 😉

Share your views and don’t forget to VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE🌷

Love you all
💜