~ 2 ~

— ☽ —

Sunghoon dragged his feet along the wooden floor, dreading every step towards his room. He just finished his lunch and was getting ready for his English class which would start in eight minutes. The sunlight shined through the window above Sunghoon's desk. It was still around summertime and the sun made sure that everyone knew it.

He slumped against his chair and brought his hands to open his laptop, entering the classroom for his new English class. With nothing to do, Sunghoon took the time to look through the list of students in his class. There were many names he recognized but then again, many that he didn't know. One especially being Jay who he knew and was very close to, who knew he'd get something positive out of moving into a new class.

The clock struck five minutes before his class and he entered the meet, a little frown on his face. Now he had to get used to seeing more people's faces, faces of people he didn't even know yet? Because of online classes, the idea of getting closer to your classmates and becoming friends jumped out of the door. Most of the time, everyone kept to themselves and only reached out to their classmates when they needed help with work, which was rare because it seemed everyone was introverted now.

Before even trying to enter the classroom with a little click on the join button, Sunghoon took the time to fix up himself. The sun was unforgiving outside but thankfully A.C helped to cool down whoever was in the house. Clicking the join button, everyone appeared and he noticed just how many people he didn't know in his class. A few people didn't bother to turn their cameras on and his new teacher was smiling brightly upon seeing his name pop up.

"Good afternoon class!" Mrs. Hwang waved and moved her glasses, which sat on her forehead, to the bridge of her nose. She looked like a very kind lady and she seemed quite young. "Today we are welcoming Park Sunghoon to our class. He transferred to this class and will be with us for the rest of the school year" He decided to be kind and waved with a small grin. There were various reactions from everyone.

A few of the girls were staring intently at their screen, most likely at him. A few of the guys looked bored whilst others looked half asleep. He took the time to examine everyone in his class, scrolling his mouse over each name and then looking at their faces. Jay was near the middle of all of his classmates and he could see a little grin on his face. The blond male had round glasses on and like always, he was seen wearing a black. He continued looking at each classmate until his eyes landed on a male at the bottom of his screen.

"Sim Jaeyun" He whispered to himself and looked into the little screen. There sat a very cute male with brown hair. His eyes looked down at something in front of him but just from the view Sunghoon saw, he couldn't stop looking. The male suddenly looked back up and at his computer screen, he was absolutely stunning. Nothing really much about his appearance but he had beautiful facial features. His eyes were big, shining from the light above him. His lips were quiet big as well and even his nose was worth a look at.

No matter what happened, no matter what his teacher said to do, his eyes couldn't help but stare at the brown-haired male. Out of all his years in high school, he had yet to lay his eyes on Jaeyun before. The male was too stunning, too breathtaking to forget so it's possible they never had class together.

"Park Sunghoon. Park Sunghoon! Is your connection bad? When I look into your camera, you're frozen" Mrs. Hwang called out to him. Everyone was moving about or at least blinking but Sunghoon, hadn't moved in a while. He blinked and shook his head, earning a smile. "Okay then, please pay attention."

She continued class, talking about everything and anything he wasn't interested in. Sunghoon tried his best to pay attention but he continued to find himself staring back at Jaeyun.

"Jaeyun, can you please read the next paragraph?" His teacher asked with a kind tone. Sunghoon was trying his best not to blush. He was going to head what Jaeyun sounds like. "S-sure Mrs. Hwang!" He exclaimed. As Jaeyun read, the words flowed softly out of his mouth. He had a very soothing voice and every time he'd finish a sentence, he'd blink a few times which Sunghoon found adorable.

"Thank you Jaeyun" The male nodded. "Of course Miss" A tiny giggle could be heard before he muted himself. If Sunghoon wasn't already whipped, if he wasn't already red as a tomato, he was definitely becoming both of those things now. "Now, Mr. Park Sunghoon. Care to explain or summarize what Jaeyun just read?"

He definitely was red now. Everyone could notice how unfocused he was. Yes, he seemed to be paying attention as he looked at his computer but he didn't seemed fazed whenever their teacher would talk. Sunghoon didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to do about his current situation and not knowing how to explain. But he also didn't know what to do with his heart which seemed to increase in speed as he got more and more flustered.

He unmuted himself. "I-I'm sorry Mrs. Hwang. I wasn't paying attention..." He said softly and muted himself again. He watched as everyone with their cameras on laughed or smiled. "Sunghoon please pay attention. It's your first class with us and I don't want you to be lost already" She truly was being very kind to him but he knew, she'd be yelling at him if he had been her student for longer. "Okay then. Jaeyun please summarize for Sunghoon what you just read"

Today was his first time laying his eyes on Jaeyun. Why can't he take his eyes off of him?

. . .

2 / 14 / 21
13 : 45

Hello <33 I'm not too sure what to say besides, I hope you enjoyed!!
- JAE -