~ 9 ~

— ☽ —

"Gaeul-ah, let's go" Sunghoon softly tugged at the leash he held onto, using his other hand to fix his mask as it slowly started to fall. It was a few hours after school ended so he decided to go out and get some fresh air, taking Gaeul so she could have some fun as well.

The small white dog trotted behind Sunghoon at a good pace, her little head looking back and forth as she absorbed their surroundings. It was beginning to get some type of normalcy and people finally started to get a little braver, actually going out of their houses to do things they've wanted to do for a while. And Sunghoon guessed that going to the park would be nice, seeing other people than his family and enjoying the afternoon sun on his skin. Yeah, it was hot and all but, it also felt nice to feel the sunshine onto his skin.

Sunghoon grasped his phone in his left hand, peering at the screen when he felt a little vibration. The sun was glaring down so, it was a bit hard to see even with his brightness at the highest setting. He'll just need to check it when he reached some sort of shade. Luckily, the park closest to his house was a very close distance and only took a few minutes to walk to get to.

"Come on girl, it's just that way!" Sunghoon exclaimed and began to jog towards the park which finally reached his field of view. As he expected, it was quite empty but it was nice to see a few other dog owners around as well as a few people jogging about. But of course, nowhere near normal. He liked it though, it wasn't crowded like it usually would be, it was quiet. He sat down on a bench under a tree and brought Gaeul close to unleashing her, a smile brought to his face when she happily ran about.

When he thought she was finally beginning to calm down and didn't need to be watched, he brought his phone out and checked the notification he got early. Jake! How excited he'd always get whenever the older would text.

<33

Jakey :)

Let's FaceTime Hoonie!

You're done with homework?

Yup :) I finished a few minutes ago

Hm

Sure :))

<33

Jake didn't hesitate at all to call the younger up. It had been just four or so days since they began to talk but they already felt the need to see each other as much as they could. In a way, it felt weird to not see each other at all times. Of course, though, they gave each other as much space needed when the time came.

"Hello!" Jake exclaimed and waved frantically at Sunghoon. He was blinking endlessly as he smiled widely. Ah, his little blinks >< Sunghoon swore he recognized all of Jake's little habits already. He already had a full list of things the older would do, just by FaceTiming him in the past few days.

He thought it was adorable when the older would play around with his hands when he spoke. Or how Jake would always smile while listening to someone talk, looking at them with full attention. Or how Jake would block his mouth with his hand when he laughed. All these reasons and more made Sunghoon interested in Jake. It made Sunghoon want to see him in person so he could find out more and get even closer to Jake.

"Hello Jake~ I'm at the park with Gaeul" Sunghoon immediately answered and turned his camera around to show Gaeul, who was joyfully chasing after a leaf that blew in the slight breeze. Jake immediately cooed and brought his face close to the screen to watch the little dog run across the grass, barking softly.

"You know one day, we should meet in person! Of course safely but maybe we can go out and do something fun" Seeing the younger out and about made Jake think of all the things they could have done together if they didn't need to stay apart. Of course, there were definitely people who didn't follow precautions and still met up with people they didn't live with, but the two were smart enough to know what was right and wrong.

"I'm sad, we probably would be so much closer if we could see each other in person" Jake pouted and looked down at his lap. Sunghoon chuckled and turned the camera back around to point to himself. "Of course, we should meet up. Let's plan a day just for us okay? Cheer up Jakey! Just because this virus is here doesn't mean we can't see each other completely, we just need to be careful, right?" Sunghoon tried his best to sound cheerful, smiling when he saw Jake's head shoot up with a large small plastered on his face.

"We're definitely going to eat food together. After sneaking to the kitchen to eat ramen for four nights in a row, we need to go and have something we haven't eaten in a while" Jake suggested, taking notes in his head for the day they could finally get together. "How about we plan a perfect dat- day... perfect hangout right now?" Jake's face lit up and he excitedly brought a stuffed animal into his arms, nodding frantically.

"Well, what would you like to do Jakey?" In Sunghoon's opinion, it felt a bit weird. He obviously had feelings for Jake but the older's personality didn't help with the crush he had on him. The older often would say, do, or send things that seemed a bit weird for friends to do/say to each other. It was adorable, don't get him wrong, it was just that it made Sunghoon so flustered he didn't know what to say back. There were unquestionably moments where the two seemed like more than friends with their choice of words to each other but, they didn't mind it at all. "Oh OH! I NEED to see you skate!!"

Ah, how adorable Jake was when he got excited.

. . .

2 / 22 / 21
22 : 22

So many 2s 0-0 BUT HEY Y'ALL <3 This felt like a filler for bigger things to come but, it was nice to not need to write anything about school in this part 😅 How are you guys doing?! We're doing great <33
- JAE & MINA -