~ 20 ~

— ☽ —

"He's not answering me~" Sunghoon whined into the speaker, waiting for Jay's response. The two were discussing their history homework when the younger decided to bring up his recent situation with Jake. Jay just stared at Sunghoon with a tired expression and sighed softly. "What now, did you say or do something stupid?"

"Hey! I wouldn't say anything to make him mad or uncomfortable" The older knew this was true but it didn't mean they could eliminate the fact that it could be a reason for Jake ignoring him. "He's in a few AP classes so he may be busy with homework. Sunghoon don't worry, you're just overthinking this. He wouldn't just ignore you." "You're right... He wouldn't just ignore me."

— ☽ —

Am I ignoring him? Yes, yes I am. Jake groaned and hid his face in his pillow, letting out an aggravated yell. He began to kick his legs without care while rambling into the pillow. It was a few days after his talk with Sunoo and it had been making the older confused ever since. He's been so lost in thought recently that he even ignores the younger, thinking it would confuse his heart even more if he interacted with him.

"I don't like him! Yeah! Don't be ridiculous, he's just my best friend" But why did saying that last sentence hurt him? Best friend? Are they truly just that? "AiSh, I'm hungry" Jake exclaimed and quickly stood up from his bed. He was home alone as Jaehyuk was out with his friends and his parents were both busy with their jobs.

"Come on Layla, let's go get some food girl" Jake called and started to jog when Layla began to run after him. He slid around on his socks as he giggled loudly, almost falling when he tried to turn the corner. The brown-haired male walked the rest of the way to Layla's food bowl, filling it up before walking over to the refrigerator.

Jake looked at all of the foods in the refrigerator before grasping onto the chocolate bar that sat nicely on one of the racks. He smiled contently before going to sit on the couch, reaching for the remote to turn the TV on. "Yeah let's watch some dramas. That'll keep my mind off of him" Jake smiled again before putting on the first drama he saw, getting comfortable in his spot.

But this proved to be much harder than he anticipated. Every time something romantic happened, Jake could only picture Sunghoon in his mind. There was a certain scene where the male lead held onto the female lead by her waist, looking deeply into her eyes before placing his lips on hers. Many people would simply fangirl but Jake, his thoughts just flooded with Sunghoon. Imagining what it would be like if the younger tried to do it to him.

"Nonono. NOPE, STOP STOP STOP" Jake yelled, holding on tightly to his head. He had a very frustrated look but it clashed with the blush he had on his cheeks. Then another, and another, and then another romantic scene would happen until Jake paused the episode. He threw the remote to the other end of the couch and screamed into the pillow beside him.

"I don't like Sunghoon. I CANT like him!" Jake was absolutely losing his mind. It was like every drama he's watched where a character couldn't come to terms with their feelings. He stood up to run to the bathroom, splashing water onto his face. The male took some time to examine his face. His whole face was red, even his ears. There was a slight smile at the corners of his lips and he nervously played with his fingers. "I—I like Sunghoon..."

— ☽ —

Jakey :)

Hey Jakey!

Jake?

<3

Jake? It's been a few days, are you alright?

I'm a bit worried... Is something wrong?

<3

Jake, I'm going to call you. Please pick up?

I'll be sad if you don't !!

— ☽ —

Sunghoon sighed and clicked on Jake's contact. With fall break just around the corner, the younger thought Jake was taking time to focus on studies but it was way past their exams, why isn't he answering? They finished their end-of-the-quarter exams just the week before so he expected to get texts back from the older but he'd only view them and never answered. He hadn't answered back since more than a week ago, the younger was very worried.

"What if he's ignoring me? I probably did something wrong..." Sunghoon spoke to himself before he pressed the call button. He felt it would be too awkward to speak with their faces visible, it would make the whole situation worst in his opinion. It rang and rang but no answer. Sunghoon tried again, this time finally getting picked up.

"H-hello?" Jake called out, letting out a little cough to clear his throat. Sunghoon fell silent. Hearing the older's voice brought so much joy, he missed hearing Jake's voice. How could he get angry at him? "Jake... Is something wrong?" Sunghoon's voice by itself seemed disappointed but his face showed it the most. His eyebrows knitted together and his lips curved downwards.

"Sunghoon... Nothing is wrong, nothing" "Then why haven't you answered me? Be honest, did I do something wrong? I can fix it! I'll apologize right now just please... please tell me what's wrong" Sunghoon was desperate to get back to normal. He wanted to FaceTime Jake again and joke around with him. He wanted to see Jake's smile and hear his laugh again. Sunghoon just wanted to be with Jake without there being tension, without it being weird.

"I..." Jake began but the call was full of tranquility after. "What is it? Just tell me so I can fix this." They didn't talk for more than a week, this whole thing probably seems childish. Probably seems overdramatic but if it caused a bump in their friendship, Sunghoon wanted to fix it. They began to get close, they got closer and he didn't want to lose it. He didn't want to lose the closeness he achieved and maintained with Jake for the whole first quarter of their senior year.

"I like you... I l-like you Sunghoon."

. . .

3 / 5 / 21
22 : 05

Tehe hey guys <33 (*'*)
Fall break is coming for us! So hopefully we'll get to write more and put out better quality parts! Today's part felt a bit awkward but Jake confessed.
- JAE & MINA -