~ 26 ~

— ☽ —

At this point the only way Jake and Sunghoon were able to see under the night sky was the moon and streetlights which didn't serve much of a light source either, they seemed so dim. The shorter daylight signified that winter was nearing but it didn't affect how much fun the two were having. It was still raining hard when Sunghoon decided it was time to stop, fear of them getting sick if they continued any longer. Sunghoon pulled on Jake's hand, bringing him close before pulling him along with him and onto the porch.

"Baby, let's go instead and shower," Sunghoon said and wrapped his arms around Jake's waist, loving the way the older looked up at him. "But—" "We've already played plenty, hm? Plus, my family will be coming home soon and they'd find it weird if we were outside in the rain" Sunghoon explained and ran his hand through Jake's wet hair, pushing it away from his face. There was a pout on the shorter's lips but he nodded and allowed Sunghoon to take him inside the house.

They left a trail of water wherever they went, making them laugh. When Sunghoon took the time to look back up at the clock it revealed that it was only 6 pm and it was dark. Granted it the sky was full of dark clouds so that most likely contributed to the darkness outside.

Jake slowly removed his coat and placed it on the floor beside Sunghoon's door, the younger doing the same. They awkwardly stared at each other before Sunghoon went to a closet outside of his room, pulling out a towel. He placed the white fabric onto Jake's head, wiping his hair dry. This made Jake laugh, putting his hands over Sunghoon's.

"Here you go Jakey" Sunghoon stated and removed his hands to allow Jake to do it himself. "How about you stay over? It's already dark and I'm sure my family wouldn't mind you staying" Sunghoon suggested with a pleading smile and look in his eyes, how could you say no? Jake just nodded without a word and placed the towel on Sunghoon's head, tippy-toeing to dry Sunghoon's hair.

"How about you shower first, I'll just wait here," Sunghoon said and removed another towel from the closet. He wrapped it around himself and ushered Jake towards the bathroom. But before he could shut the door, Jake was quick to stop him. "Wh-what about my clothes? What will I wear?" Jake asked shyly, playing with the wet towel in his hands. Sunghoon laughed and pat his head. "I'll get you something to wear and leave it on my bed. I'll leave so you can change and stuff, comfortably" Was the last thing Sunghoon said before Jake closed and locked the bathroom door, going to take a warm shower.

Sunghoon looked through his closet and found the smallest hoodie he owned, some sweatpants as well. It was a simple black hoodie and sweatpants, placing it nicely on his bed before exiting to the living room. He could only guess that his mother and sister would be arriving shortly, they always arrived home around this time. And as predicted, a familiar black car pulled up in the driveway. Sunghoon was quick to turn the porch lights on, watching them from his spot to see if they needed any help. But he only could watch as they hurried out of the pouring rain, huddled under an umbrella.

Yeji often accompanied their mother to work for a little when there wasn't much work to be done so they arrived home a bit late on those days. Sunghoon made sure they both were safely in the house before locking the front door. "Hello Sunghoon-ah, what have you been up to?" Mrs. Park asked, putting her coat on the hanger before helping Yeji with hers. "Weren't you supposed to hang out with Jake today?" Yeji asked, hanging her coat up. Sunghoon nodded and rubbed the back of his neck while laughing softly.

"He's here isn't he?" Mrs. Park was quick to assume, eyeing her son who was using weird body language. Sunghoon sighed before nodding. "We were out playing in the rain and it was already dark so I didn't want him to go out in this weather. Plus it was pretty cold, I didn't want him to catch a cold" Yeji had a noticeable smirk on his face as she pushed on her brother. "It's fine, we get to meet him" Mrs. Park reassured, patting him on the back.

"I'll go check on him then and we'll come when we're done freshening up" Sunghoon called before rushing up the stairs. Yeji and Mrs. Park looked at each other with a little smile before laughing. When Sunghoon arrived Jake was just putting on the hoodie, jolting when he heard Sunghoon enter.

"O-oh sorry, I should've knocked" Jake shook his head and sat on Sunghoon's bed, his legs swinging back and forth. "I'll go and shower. Wait for me okay?" Jake just nodded again and watched as Sunghoon brought a change of clothes in the bathroom with him, hearing the water turn on.

When Sunghoon was done and had already changed, he exited and stood at the edge of the bed. Jake was still sitting at the edge of the bed, looking down at the floor. "I heard your sister and mom, I-I" Jake stuttered, nervously playing with the hoodie's strings. Sunghoon chuckled and sat beside Jake, putting a hand on Jake's. "Don't be nervous! They'll love you~" Sunghoon whispered, still feeling how Jake's hands shook. The older looked up at Sunghoon, bitting on his bottom lip. "What if they don't like me?" "That's ridiculous"

Jake only looked away again. Sunghoon sighed and brought Jake in for a hug, feeling the older rest his head on Sunghoon's shoulder. "Baby, don't be afraid. If you be yourself, they'll love you. Hm? And they don't bite" Sunghoon added the last part, hoping it would make him laugh. And sure enough, he heard a soft giggle from the older.

"Well then, let's get going. I'm hungry~"

. . .

3 / 14 / 21
18 : 07

This is much earlier than usual 0-0 But I'm so sorry that I didn't post yesterday. It was the first time in a while where I'd got to talk with friends so I spent the night catching up with them. But I hope you guys enjoy! Goodnight should be coming to an end soon but we'll try to prolong it as long as possible >< Anyways, I hope you guys have a good day/night <3
- JAE -