~ 21 ~

— ☽ —

Out of shock, Sunghoon hung up. His eyes were shot wide open with a hand covering his mouth. He brought a hand to his head, checking to see if his forehead was elevated in temperature but it all seemed normal. The black-haired male gasped again and immediately went to FaceTime Jake, feeling the need to have the older explain.

"He must be joking! Yeah, to loosen the mood" Sunghoon made an excuse for the older before seeing him pop up on the screen. Jake as well, seemed very flustered and he endlessly looked around. There was never a moment where the older's eyes landed on him, even for a few seconds. It was awkward but Sunghoon was quick to fill the silence back up.

"A-are you... Do you really like me?" Sunghoon asked while nervously playing with his bedsheets, clasping the material in between his thumb and index finger. "Y-yeah. I'm sorry, I've made it even more awkward" Jake apologized and looked at the screen for a few seconds before going back to looking at the floor. "No, you didn't, but are you sure? Jake Sim, Sim Jaeyun likes me? You like ME?!"

Even though Jake tried his best to stay calm and keep a straight face, he ended up giggling. This made the aura a bit freer and it lessened the tension between them. Sunghoon laughed as well, apologizing softly. "Yes. I like YOU, Park Sunghoon." Jake clarified without stuttering. Sunghoon took a few seconds to process that the older was currently confessing his feelings before he brought his attention back to him.

"Well... I, Park Sunghoon like you" Sunghoon stated with a little smile following. This long-awaited confession, he was finally confessing his feelings. Those feelings that struck him as soon as he laid his eyes on Jake were finally being presented front and center for Jake to see. It was very obvious if you looked at the situation from an outside point of view, but to the two this whole confession and liking each other felt so new. It made Sunghoon's feelings strengthen to see that the person he has butterflies for, liked him back.

"Y-you do?" Jake asked with a soft tone. He looked so fragile when the older looked up at him, he looked so adorable. His little stutter and the way his little blinks increased with each second. The older's habits never failed to make Sunghoon coo, it never failed to remind him how much he liked Jake. "Mhm, I like you more than you realize."

Jake's train of thoughts and all of the frustration from trying to convince himself that he doesn't like Sunghoon, went away. There was a certain weight that went away as soon as he heard Sunghoon's confession back to him. He was so nervous for nothing. The older loosened up a little more with every second he saw Sunghoon's warm smile.

"Soooo," Jake said and filled up his cheeks with air, puffing out his cheeks. Oh how much Sunghoon just wanted to run over and give him the biggest hug. "So, be mine?" Sunghoon asked with a cheeky smile, enjoying how Jake exited the frame. It was very quiet but you could hear Jake giggle and squeal softly. "You know what Jake, let's meet as soon as fall break begins."

Jake entered the frame again and nodded, trying to shake off the question the younger asked before. "Sure, what should we do?" Jake asked and tilted his head to the side. "We should have our dogs meet! I haven't taken Layla on a walk in a while so it'd be pretty fun for the both of us" Jake suggested with a persuading look on his face. "Yeah, that sounds fun. How about we meet at the park again?" "Sure"

— ☽ —

"Come on Layla~," Jake said excitedly, beginning to skip down the empty sidewalk. Fall break finally began and Jake was more than ready to kick back and relax. He was excited to spend some of the first moments of fall break with the younger, having fun together. "You'll meet a new friend today" Jake spoke to Layla who was following close beside him. She looked up at him for a moment before looking forward.

"Let's walk a little faster, we're almost there" He loved to talk to Layla, ahem even though he wouldn't get an answer back. It was a way to vent without needing to worry about her understanding. They reached the park quickly and Jake was sure to fix his mask nicely before approaching the figure which stood underneath a tree. This figure was very familiar and he was very sure it was Sunghoon. "Hoonie!"

The taller male turned around and Jake swore he was going to melt when he saw the small dog in his arms, hugging her. Gaeul had her tongue out, looking at Jake. "Hey, Jakey~" Sunghoon greeted and placed the small dog down. They watched as their two companions ran toward each other, carefully smelling each other before running off into the grass.

They ran around, chasing after each other. The two had big smiles on their faces, glad that their dogs were getting along so far. Sunghoon looked over at Jake and pulled him slowly towards a mat that was nicely placed on the ground. On the mat was a bag with snacks and drinks. Jake gasped and looked up at Sunghoon with a smile, tugging at his sleeve. "I thought you'd be a little hungry," Sunghoon said and made sure Jake was sitting down nicely before sitting down beside him.

"Y-yeah I am a bit hungry" Jake admitted. Sunghoon held a little carton up to Jake and watched as Jake excitedly took it. "Banana milk!" The older cheer and lower his mask. He flashed a smile to Sunghoon and poked the straw into the top, taking small sips from the bottle. "While you drink that, wanna look at the lake? I saw a few ducklings earlier" Sunghoon asked and stood up, holding out a hand.

Jake nodded and grabbed onto his hand before calling over Layla. He grabbed ahold of her leash, Sunghoon doing the same with Gaeul. They both walked towards the lake with their dogs along behind them. With the morning air, it served to be a perfect time to meet. It was chilly compared to earlier days and the sunshine on their skin felt great, as always. With the lake in view, Sunghoon grabbed Jake's hand and turned him around. Jake and Sunghoon had their masks down still, taking sips of their drink so he loved that he was able to see how happy the older was.

"Jake," Sunghoon began, still holding onto his hand. Jake tilted his head and hummed, making sure to hold on tightly to the leash in his hand. "I'm not sure if you've noticed before but... I have liked you since I've first seen you, cliche right? But you appeared and I swear, I couldn't stop looking at you. I would even rant to Jay about how I couldn't stop looking at you and I freaked out when Mrs. Hwang paired us up." Jake laughed and blushed, looking down at the floor. He didn't want the younger to see his face.

"We began to talk and I swear, your personality made me fall even deeper in love. Your little smile, your giggle, how kind you are. You, Jake Sim, as a whole have made me so much happier. Your happiness and positivity have rubbed off on me and you never fail to make me smile." Sunghoon kept going on until he let out a breath he didn't know he held in. "These reasons and so many more are the reason why I wanted to call you to hang out today. And I swear when I heard you liked me back... I don't think I've been happier in my life" Jake smiled and looked up at Sunghoon. The younger fell silent before his hold on Jake's hand tightened slightly. "Jake, will you be my boyfriend?"..... Silence

"Yes"

. . .

3 / 6 / 21
21 : 28

Y'all I was listening to Shinzo wa Sasageyo and I got distracted to easily haha. But I hope you guys are doing good!
- JAE -