~ 13 ~

— ☽ —

There was a comfortable silence as the both of them headed towards the closest bus stop that would lead them to their destination. Of course, it'd be a little awkward, it was their first time meeting up. But Sunghoon smiled slightly when he noticed Jake fiddling with his fingers nervously.

"Hey Jake, don't be so nervous." "Psh... Me? Nervous?! That's nonsense, I'm not nervous!!" Sunghoon could tell there was a little blush that rushed to the older's face. Jake began to tug at the bottom of his hoodie, his body restless as they stood up waiting for the bus. The ramen shop and ice rink was a walking length from their houses but they thought it would be nice to save some energy and just take the bus, plus who wanted to walk the whole way?

Although Sunghoon was nervous, he was handling it a lot better than he thought he would. In a way, it shocked him that Jake was all shy and continued to fiddle with his hoodie. "Jakey, calm downnn. Why are you so nervous?" Sunghoon stopped his thoughts running through his head and ruffled Jake's hair. It made the younger smile when Jake leaned into his touch. "I'm sorry, I guess I'm just afraid I'm going to mess up our friendship with something I say or do" Jake's voice wavered and he never dared to look into Sunghoon's eyes.

It was just the two of them at the bus stop with an older lady walking towards them, most likely to sit at the bus stop as well. "Hey look at me, Jake." Still, Jake looked down at the floor. He was swaying back and forth, biting on his bottom lip. "Look at me Jaeyun" Hearing his Korean name, the older looked up at Sunghoon.

"It doesn't matter about that stuff. You can say or do all you want but I'm still your friend, okay?" Friend... Jake nodded slowly and tried his best to flash a smile back to Sunghoon even if he couldn't exactly see it. He knew Sunghoon meant well but it still didn't get rid of how much he was shaking. A blue bus pulled up slowly, stopping to open its doors for the three waiting at the bus stop. They allowed the old lady to pass through before they went ahead and paid the driver, finding seats near the back of the bus.

— ☽ —

So far it has been pretty quiet between the two of them. As much as Sunghoon wanted to converse and talk with Jake and just enjoy hearing his voice, the older was still scared to open his mouth. They were a stoplight away from their stop so Sunghoon wanted to try to talk to the older, seeing as they didn't talk since they got on the bus.

"So Jake, what do you plan to do this weekend?" Sunghoon said softly, making sure to respect those around him. Jake jolted a little from Sunghoon's sudden question but he relaxed quickly. "Nothing. Maybe binge-watch a drama? I didn't really have plans" Jake stated and placed his hands nicely at his lap. The two sat in the back with Jake next to the window and Sunghoon beside him. As expected, the bus was empty besides a few people near the front.

Sunghoon clicked the button on the pole at his side, signaling the bus driver to stop. And when he did, he was sure to make sure Jake followed along. The two exited the doors of the bus and looked around. The ramen shop was just a short distance from the bus stop so they rushed towards it, hoping it wouldn't be busy or full to it's limit.

The small shop at the corner of the shopping district looked very cozy from the outside. It made Sunghoon wonder if it was just as cozy inside as it looked outside like it always was. They walked into the restaurant at a slow pace making sure to look around the place. Inside was indeed very cozy but the AC made the whole place a little cooler than outdoors. In comparison to the bus, the ramen shop only guested what looked like a father and daughter in the far left side of the eating area.