~ 19 ~

— ☽ —

"Do you think of him as JUST a friend?" Sunoo asked with his arms crossed. Today was one of those days where Jake and Sunghoon weren't wrapped around each other's fingers. A day just to themselves or with other people. It's weird to think they spent so much time together that they needed to make certain days where they could talk to other people.

"What do you mean?" Jake asked and took another lick of the ice cream in his hand, making a little noise from happiness. The older continued to eat his ice cream as Sunoo slowly began to answer back. "I mean, you guys have been hanging out a lot. And you guys just have this... this connection" Sunoo explained while putting his spoon into the bowl that held his ice cream.

They were currently at the younger's house, having some time to talk and catch up since it had been a while since they last talked. "Connection? You're confusing me Sunoo, we're just friends! Plus why would Park Sunghoon see me like that? There's probably a beautiful girl that he likes right now" "Tsh, yeah right! Totally has his eyes on someone else but he chooses to only talk to you. I talked to Jay hyung and he told me he doesn't even answer his texts. So explain that Mr. Sim" Sunoo shot back, unsatisfied when Jake's expression didn't change.

The older was in denial of the whole situation and continued to say they weren't anything more than friends. Jake just laughed again and shook his head. "I think you misunderstand friends and crushing for the same thing. I like him as a friend and I guarantee Sunghoon only sees me as a friend as well"

"Are you sure? You don't feel anything when you talk with him? Butterflies in your stomach, overly shy? Anything?" Sunoo was off his seat already while he kept a close eye on Jake who was beginning to eat the cone that his ice cream was in. "Hm... Let me think about that..."

They sat in stillness before Jake nodded with a soft hum. "Well, when we first met in person I was really shy. But that was just because I was nervous!" If Sunoo wasn't a decent human being, he'd slap Jake to make him come to his senses. The younger groaned and rested his head on the table, kicking his feet. "You're so naive Jake hyung." Jake just looked at Sunoo confused as he cleared his throat.

"I don't like Sunghoon, end of story!" "Not end of story. We need to talk about this because you're missing an opportunity right now. An opportunity to have a very handsome boyfriend" Sunoo teased while scrunching up his nose. Jake pouted and wiped his mouth with a napkin before speaking. "We don't even know if Sunghoon is into guys. And if anything, you don't even know if I'm into guys!" Jake exclaimed while holding up a hand to Sunoo. The younger laughed hysterically at this sentence.

The younger just groaned again and hit his head on the table a few times before sitting up straight. "FaceTime Sunghoon hyung right now" Sunoo demanded and pushed the older's phone towards him. The older suspiciously looked at the phone and then back at Sunoo. "Why?" "Do it! I'll prove my point right here, right now" Jake didn't argue and silently FaceTimed Sunghoon, waiting a few seconds before it was immediately picked up.

"Jakey!" "Hi, Hoonie~!" Jake waved with the brightest smile, a little blush creeping to his face without him noticing. Sunoo brought his phone out as well, quickly taking a picture of the older before continuing to observe their conversation. "Why'd you call? Is something wrong?" Sunghoon asked, fixing his hair. Jay was sitting beside him silently as well, listening to their conversation. Jake just shook his head and bit his bottom lip softly. "N-no nothing is wrong."

"A-also, I had a lot of fun yesterday. I forgot to thank you" Sunghoon suddenly declared and blushed as well. Jake's eyes widened a little with a slightly nervous giggle escaping his mouth. "Re-really? I-I'm glad you had fun, I had s-so much fun as well" Jake stated and shyly looked away from the screen. They had a weird friendship. In one moment they were confident and having so much fun together, loud and laughing every second. But then there were also moment where they were shy messes and their cheeks were a light red. They would stutter and silently fiddle around from nervousness.

"W-well then I'll get going. I-I was talking with S-Sunoo" Jake said and looked back at his phone and at Sunghoon. The black-haired male just nodded and grinned to himself. "Have a go-good day Jakey" "You too Hoonie" Jake was the first to hang up, nervously turning towards Sunoo. "You're so obvious and oblivious!!" Sunoo exclaimed and shook the older, hitting him softly on the arm.

"You tell me that you don't like hyung but you look like this when you speak to him?" Sunoo asked while pulling up his phone to show the photo of him blushing. Jake pouted and whined while pulling on Sunoo's arm. "I don't like him! I swear~~" Jake whined again, reaching for Sunoo's phone. "And delete that! I look like a mess" Sunoo giggled and shook his head before turning his phone off. "I'm going to send this to Sunghoon hyung and show him how shy you get around him~" Sunoo cheer with his eyes turning into crescents from his wide smile.

Jake stood up and grabbed onto Sunoo's ice cream, taking a spoon full and shoving it into the younger's mouth. "Shh! Y-You're loud Sunoo" Jake said awkwardly before he walked off to throw away his trash. "You'll realize it sooner or later hyung~" Sunoo teased before Jake threw a  glare, sitting down beside him again. "No, I won't. Do I need to spell it out? I. Don't. Like. Park. Sunghoon." "Yes. You. Do!"

Do I? Do I like Park Sunghoon?

. . .

3 / 4 / 21
21 : 08

Today's part was actually fun to write. Jake in complete denial about his feelings while Sunoo tried to make him realize >:)

Also, totally off topic and not related butttttttt, did y'all watch Treasure's web drama? I spent maybe half an hour laughing even though it wasn't funny. I lost it at the fact that Jihoon has like three different parts 💀  WELP LOVE Y'ALL <33 THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT VOTE AND COMMENT >~<
- JAE -