~ 30 ~

— ☽ —

"What's that smell? Smells like something is burning" Yeji asked, fixing up the denim jacket that she slung on a few seconds ago. She rounded the corner and watched as her brother and his boyfriend frantically tried to put out a little fire, her mouth hung open. "YAH WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING" Yeji screeched, rushing towards them. Jake rushed to grab the hand towel hanging at the side of the oven, throwing it over the small fire.

"Wh-wHat in the world did I just witness?" Yeji asked, her breath rigid from the sudden shoot of adrenaline. "We were making pancakes, tada!" Jake said slowly, signaling towards the pancakes that they made a while ago. And sure enough, there were a few pancakes that looked as good as they smelled. All of them seemed fine but there was two or three off to the side burnt.

"Okay uh, you almost set the house of fire." Yeji began as she picked up a napkin that has fallen on the floor. "Make sure to not actually burn the house down when I'm gone" Yeji finished off and laughed. Jake and Sunghoon's stress dissipated when they heard her laugh, beginning to make fun of themselves. "How did you guys even manage to burn this many?" The youngest asked while holding up the plate, cringing at how black they were. "It was your brother, ask him" Jake rolled his eyes as he pointed towards the younger, Sunghoon only letting out a sigh.

"I was looking at Jake while he was on his phone" Sunghoon said with a cheeky smile, eyes darting to Jake who just stifled a laugh. "Okay, I'll get going. I'm alright running late, bye guys!" Yeji exclaimed as she rushed to put a mask on, waving before running out of the front door. "Will she be fine all by herself?" The older asked concerned as he continued to stare out of the window leading to the front yard. They returned back to their places and Sunghoon helped the other jump onto the counter to sit down before going back over to the stove. "She's smart and knows what's good and what isn't, she'll be fine. Don't worry, remember she's 13 not a little kid" Sunghoon reminded with a small smile.

Jake still watched her run down the side walk as far as he could see before returning his attention back to Sunghoon. "Don't worry Jakey~" Sunghoon reminded again and pat Jake's head. The smaller nodded slowly before focusing back on making breakfast. "How about we just have cereal and whatever pancakes we successfully made. Just in case we actually burn the house down?" "Yeah that sounds good."

— ☽ —

"THAT'S MINEEEE!" Jake yelled as Sunghoon took a bite from the last pancake, making a face towards him before taking more. He filled his cheeks up before Jake jumped towards him, putting whatever was left into his mouth. They stared in silence before laughing. "That's mean! I called dibs earlier" He pouted before using a finger to point at Sunghoon. "Look, now it's all in your cheeks" Jake trailed off as he poked at one of the younger's cheeks, earning a softly laugh.

"Oops sorry~" He apologize half-heartedly with a fake smile before going back to eat the rest of his cereal. "Hmph. Whatever then" Jake said before crossing his arms. He looked away from him and went to look at his phone, scrolling through his social media. When Sunghoon looked up he was shocked to find Jake not looking back, focused on the device in his hand.

"Okay okay I'm really sorry. Babyyyy~" Sunghoon stated as he reached out for the older's hand only for it to be taken away. "I'm sorryyyy, I won't do it again" Sunghoon added on. Jake slowly looked back up at into the eyes of his boyfriend, seeing his expressions and eyes full of sincerity. "Okay, fine" The older said carefully, a kiss landing on his head. "Now eat the rest of your breakfast" "You sound like my mom" Jake joked as he went to eat his cereal.

"Hey do you want to come over to my house later on today? I want to introduce you to my parents" Jake said as he took a little glance up from his bowl to look at Sunghoon. In response he simply nodded, swallowing his food. "I'd love to" Sunghoon answered. "Oh oh! And when we get there, I have to see you play your violin" Sunghoon said with his pinky held out. "But..." "But...?"  Jake sighed before taking Sunghoon's pinky into his.

"I promise"

. . .

3 / 21 / 21
12 : 57

HELLOOO, sOrry we haven't updated in a few days and that this part is a little shorter than usual. We're busy getting ready for school because we'll be going in person when the new quarter starts :,D
- MINA -