~ 31 ~

— ☽ —

"Why did we have to go nowwww, I wanted to nap first" Sunghoon whined as Jake pulled him down the sidewalk. He brought his hand up to fix his mask which was falling before turning back to face Sunghoon. "We can nap when we get to my house" Jake shot back, hearing another whine from the younger.

It was afternoon already and Jake thought it was a good time to leave for his house. Fall break would end in two days and it left a weird feeling in both of them, it would become busy again. They had so spent so much time with each other that the thought of having to go back and attend online classes made Jake want to cry, couldn't the break be even just a little bit longer. "Come on slowpoke," Jake giggled as he interlocked their fingers, beginning to skip.

Sunghoon inhaled sharply before catching up instead of being pulled along with the other. Every once in a while Jake would look back and Sunghoon could just tell that he was smiling under that mask, his eyes said it all. And whenever he did look back, Sunghoon tightened his hold on Jake's hand.

"Look, whiny baby, my house is right there" "Wait I think you've got it twisted, you're the whiny baby," Sunghoon said with a pout, allowing Jake to pull him up the stairs and onto the porch. "Hm, whatever..." He let go of the younger hand to unlock the door only to reattach himself as soon as the door closed behind them. "My mom must be in the living room," Jake said softly, peering around the corner. The rainy weather was almost gone so the sun shining through the windows felt almost relieving. It was great being all cozy but it was getting tiring, looking outside and seeing the sky full of clouds.

"Hi, mom!" Jake exclaimed loudly, letting go of Sunghoon's hand to run towards his mother. She was sat on the couch, looking down at a book. She pushed up the glasses sitting on her nose before smiling at her son. "Hi Jake, how was your st—" "This is Sunghoon" Jake introduced, pulling Sunghoon with his two hands. Mrs. Sim took a few seconds to examine the tall male, eyes roaming his outfit and his face before nodding.

"Hello! I'm Jake's mother. It's nice to meet you Sunghoon" Mrs. Sim welcomed, standing up to bow slightly. Sunghoon let go of Jake's hands to bow, earning a smile from both Jake and his mother. "It's nice to meet you too Mrs. Sim" He smiles, showing off his one dimple. There was a sort of awkwardness in his actions but other than that, Sunghoon seemed pretty relaxed. He stood still and there didn't seem to be any tension throughout his demeanor.

"Good you're wearing your mask" She stated as she went to sit back down, pointing at their masks. Jake turned back to look at Sunghoon when his mother looked down at her book, sending him a look. "Yup. Is it alright if he stays today?" "Yeah, of course, don't do anything dumb" She always told Jake that, it was kind of engraved in his mind already. "Today Jake and I almost burnt down the kitchen," Sunghoon said teasingly, trying to break the barrier between him and his boyfriend's mother. "Ahem! Excuse me! YOU were the one, I was just sitting down quietly on my phone" He said with a little raise of his eyebrows, resting an index finger on his chest.

"Oh gosh, what happened!" Mrs. Sim asked with a small laugh, putting down her book again. "We were making pancakes and when he was making some, he looked away. In short, he burnt some of them because he kept getting distracted" Jake explained, pulling off his mask. He held it tightly in his hand as he turned to look back. "That's pretty rude, you burnt some too!" Sunghoon shot back, Mrs. Sim laughing. Her smile was very bright, Jake definitely got that feature from her. "Blah blah blah, say what you want" Jake rolled his eyes, feeling Sunghoon playfully hit his back.

"I'll be leaving around dinner time, I have to go to work today... Someone called in sick and they don't have anyone else to fill in" Mrs. Sim suddenly added with a short sigh. Jake's face said it all. Sunghoon could tell his mother probably got called in for work very often, his eyes looked sad already. "Oh... Well, at least we can eat together before you leave, right?" Jake asked, trying to lighten the sudden sullen mood. "I'm afraid I'll need to leave before dinner... Your father should be coming home a little later so, it might just you the two of you for a while" She didn't even dare to look into Jake's eyes, it proved Sunghoon's predictions to be true.

"It's alright mom, just make sure to stay safe. Sunghoon and I will be in my room. Come, Layla!" Jake tried his best to leave the situation alone, changing the subject as soon as he could. Layla came running down the stairs, leaping to sit at his feet. "Hi, Layla~" The younger smiled, squating to pet her soft fur. "Come on guys, let's go relax" The brown-haired male grabbed onto Sunghoon's hand and called Layla as they trudged up the stairs.

It was clear, there was still much more to learn about Jake than Sunghoon imagined. They had just met a while ago, started dating even more recently so it was exciting to see how much more he could learn about the older. There were still things about Jake's personal life that Sunghoon had to find out but he was more than ready to be beside Jake, learning all about him.

"Are you ready for our nap, let's go!"

. . .

3 / 22 / 21
21 : 28

Y'ALL MY ENHYPEN MEMBERSHIP KIT GOT SHIPPED OUT, AHHHH. I'M SO EXCITED, I CAN'T :,D
- JAE -