~ 33 ~

— ☽ —

"Okay, I'm fine now" Jake stated with his arms out, smiling. He had just exited the bathroom after freshening up, finally done crying after a few minutes. Sunghoon was patiently waiting on his bed, smiling when he saw the older. "Come here"

He stood up and enveloped Jake in a warm hug, rocking back and forth. The younger rubbed the older's back calmly, trying to relax his tense muscles. "I love you too Sunghoon" Jake finally answered back, staring straight up at Sunghoon. He swore one of his favorite Jake's features was his eyes. His eyes said everything. They showed his emotions, the sadness, the joy, the love, the admiration. Not to mention they were a beautiful dark brown that was even prettier in sunlight. Sunghoon moved a hand to Jake's cheek, feeling him press into it.

"What would I do without you, hm?" Sunghoon whispered, eyes darting to each of his facial features, finishing off by pressing his nose to Jake's. He giggled, Sunghoon smiled back. "Probably failing senior year" Jake shrugged, pulling away from Sunghoon's hold. "Haha, very funny Jaeyun" He rolled his eyes with a little smile although he tried to keep a straight face.

"But in all seriousness, I love you so much," Jake said again, this time wrapping his arms around Sunghoon in return. It was nighttime and the only light source came from the little lamp on Jake's bedside table set at the dimmest setting. Sunghoon wished the light was brighter so he could stare at him longer but his wishes crushed when Jake buried his face in his chest, squealing softly.

"You keep staring" He whined, avoiding looking up at all costs. Sunghoon laughed again, ruffling his hair. "I'll look away, I'll look away," He said softly, finally looked away from Jake and focusing on the window beside Jake's bed. He felt the older's head move away from his chest as he pats it softly, clearing his throat.

"How about we shower and eat dinner?" Jake suggested, making Sunghoon look back at him. "Sure" He nodded, pulling his arms away from Jake's figure. "I'll go first, you can turn the TV on if you'd like!" Jake exclaimed as he rushed over to his closet. He pulled out a pajama set, a plain light and dark gray one. "This one is a bit big on me, maybe it'll fit you?" Jake held up the darker one to Sunghoon.

"I'll try it after I shower, thank you~" Sunghoon cooed as he watched Jake skip off to the bathroom again, the sound of water sounding immediately. The younger jumped back onto Jake's bed, turning it on to put on a random drama. If there was one thing he hated it had to be sitting alone in silence, it left too much time to think about anything and everything. But this proved to be hard as he couldn't find any show that seemed interesting and the sound of Jake singing softly distracted him the most.

"How have I never heard him sing before?" He whispered to himself, turning an ear towards the direction of the bathroom. It was very faint and he couldn't quite understand but he sounded absolutely beautiful, his voice was nice. "Oh hey Layla" He greeted as the big dog trotted into the room, tongue sticking out. She jumped up on the bed and took a liking to the side of the bed that Jake laid on earlier, cuddling up to the pillow he used. "I should learn English so that there's a chance you'd understand me," Sunghoon laughed, patting her head a few times.

The shower turned off and Sunghoon could more clearly hear Jake singing, but with the background noise now gone, he took it upon himself to make his volume even softer so that Sunghoon couldn't hear at all. After a few minutes of complete silence, Jake came waddling into the room with a towel thrown over his head. He was wearing the light gray pajamas which contrasted with the yellow towel in his hands.

"Here you go. Go and shower now" Jake demanded while stuffing the clothes into his arms, ushering him towards the door. Sunghoon left to shower, leaving Jake alone with Layla this time. "You seem to like Sunghoon" He spoke in English, scooting close to his furry companion. Layla cuddled into his touch immediately, licking one of his hands. "And it seems he likes you as well" Jake giggled, watching as her eyes closed when he scratched the area behind her ears.

"We're going to eat soon," He added randomly and reached for the TV remote which Sunghoon had discarded before going to shower. There were many different shows and movies he'd like to watch but he wasn't in the mood to watch any of them. Instead, he clicked on a show he had already finished and played it, pretending as if he hadn't watched it twenty times already.

"Mmm, whatcha watching?" Sunghoon's voice boomed from the entrance of his room, startling both Jake and Layla. "PLEASE DON'T SCARE US AGAIN—" He put a hand over his heart to feel his fast-beating heart, taking quick breaths. Layla jumped down from the bed and sat at Jake's heels, staring at Sunghoon who stood at the door awkwardly. "Tehe sorry, didn't mean to scare you, baby, ~" The younger apologized with a little shrug.

His black hair was still wet and the pajamas he had given fit perfectly on him. With outstretched arms, Sunghoon called out to him again. "I want another hug please~" Sunghoon pleaded, pouting slightly. He began to take little steps into the bedroom as the sound of his feet on the wooden floor left soft thuds. Jake let out a little sigh before he rushed into his arms, feeling Sunghoon rest his face in the crook of his neck. He found it funny though, he wondered if the younger felt uncomfortable leaning down to rest his head on his shoulder. But it still felt somehow comfortable, despite their height difference.

"Kiss?" He asked softly, backing away from the older's touch. There was a short period of silence as Jake thought about whether he'd give him what he wanted or not. He decided to do it, Sunghoon's eyes were begging anyways. "Fine," Sunghoon puckered his lips, Jake tippy-toeing slightly to reach his lips. Before he could back away, Sunghoon left another even longer one on his lips with a smile at the corners of his lips.

"Let's go eat then, baby?"

. . .

3 / 25 / 21
22 : 32

It's still the 25th here but
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIEL KIM AHH!!

Also if you didn't see from earlier, the next part will most likely be the last part of Goodnight </3 But don't worry, we're already planning for more Jakehoon and ofc our Sunki ff :) Hope you enjoyed!
- MINA -