~ 16 ~

— ☽ —

"My back hurts" Jake whined and held onto his back, placing his skates onto the counter in front of a middle-aged man. "Thank you" The duo stated at the same time with a small bow. And with that, they were out of the ice rink after a good two hours of playing around and Jake trying his best to pick up his speed.

"Me too," Sunghoon said and held onto his lower back, massaging it softly. They fell a few times after the first time because Jake would make little mistakes and panic, making Sunghoon pay as well. "Hehe, I'm sorry. I kept pulling down to the ground with me" Jake apologized with the biggest doe eyes. They stopped to sit at the bus stop.

"It's alright. That was what made it fun" Sunghoon answered back with a little chuckle. The sun was beginning to set and the streetlights were beginning to turn on by now. There were barely any cars that passed them by and even fewer people that passed by on foot. It was getting a bit late to be out and about so they thought it'd be best to go straight home and not do anything else.

Upon boarding the bus they notice it was quite empty as well. The two were very shy people at times and didn't like to interact with strangers so it was nice to be able to sit in the air-conditioned bus, watching as the sky turned dark in silence. Buses were often full of people and the others riding the bus would sometimes be very inconsiderate to the others, talking as loud as they could. But this situation was very relaxing.

They arrived back at the bus stop where they first began their hangout. It felt much quicker compared to when they drove to the ice rink so they wanted to stall as long as they could. They spent around five hours together but while walking towards their houses, they made sure to walk at their slowest pace. Sure, the darkness surrounding them was a bit uncomfortable, but it was nice to listen to all the different noises you'd only hear at night.

"It seems very... peaceful tonight" Sunghoon stated as he looked up at the sky. Stars were much better seen now that it was dark so they took some time to look upwards before they proceeded to cross the street. "The stars are very pretty," Jake said softly and he used one of his hands to point up at the brightest star in his view. It reminded him of all those late nights he spends with his friends back in Australia, staring up at the stars, during their summer break.

If they thought the drive to the bus stop was quick, their walk from the bus stop to Jake's house felt even shorter. They swore that every moment they spent together was much shorter than it actually seemed. They didn't like that.

"Ah, I guess this is it" Sunghoon whispered and gestured towards Jake's front door. The lights from the living room were on in contrast to all of the other rooms which were pitch black. The sound of a TV played softly in the background Sunghoon examined the older's house which he didn't get to do when he came to pick Jake up.

"I guess it is" Jake whispered back and sadly looked back at his house. It was the most fun they had since the quarantine began so it was completely understandable that it was sad for this moment to come to an end. The whole five months they spent trapped in their houses, not being able to be with friends, really made this experience one of the best they've ever had.

Indeed, you never understand how much something means to you until it's taken away. For Sunghoon, Jake proved that statement. Being able to FaceTime him for days straight, hours at a time just wasn't the same. Looking back at it, this one hangout with the older brought back so much happiness and nostalgia that he never knew he had. It made him miss hanging out with his friends more than he could ever imagine.

"Hey Jakey, don't be sad! How about I FaceTime you right after I finish eating dinner?" Sunghoon said with a very soothing tone, moving just a little bit closer to Jake. He was very fond of the way Jake looked up at him with his big eyes, he couldn't help but want to stare into them forever. "I'll get going them, hm?" Sunghoon slowly spoke as he began to back up a little bit, trying his best not to plant his feet on the ground. He was afraid that if he stayed too long, that he wouldn't be able to leave.

"Wait!" Jake called out, grasping onto Sunghoon's sleeve. The younger turned back around and stared back at Jake's face. The older brought his hand to his mask and brought it down his chin, showing a very bright smile on his face that he couldn't see before. "Thank you so much for today. It was the most fun I've had in a while. And it means so much to me, you have no clue" Jake said sincerely with a little blush on his cheeks.

Sunghoon, also, began to blush. He brought his mask down as well to show his smile off. "Thank you too, Jake. I had so much fun hanging out with you today. It was nice to meet you in person and play around" Sunghoon laughed when he looked back at their little memories from the ice rink. Jake giggled and nodded. "I'm not going to lie" Jake began and looked away from the younger for the first time.

His eyes trailed off the ground and then to the sky before looking down at his hands. He played around with his fingers and nervously hummed. "I would love to hug you right now but I don't think it would be safe. You know, just in case" Jake admitted, clearing his voice with a little pout.

"One day Jake, I promise! I promise I'll give you the biggest hug one day."

. . .

2 / 28 / 21
22 : 22

Wow, February is already over- 2021 is passing by very quickly 0-0 ANYWAYS, hope you lovely people enjoyed!!
- JAE -