~ 32 ~

— ☽ —

How Sunghoon was in the position, he did not know. After just a few minutes he, Jake, and Layla had found their respective places on the older's bed with Layla laying at their feet. But after at least an hour of sleep, he found Layla cuddled in his arms instead of the brown-haired male.

"I- UH- Uhm- Layla—" Sunghoon was speechless as he looked at the dog in his arms, head shooting up to look for his boyfriend. Jake was at the far right of the bed, laying on his stomach with soft snores showing he was asleep. Sunghoon laughed.

"Layla," He called out again, this time he successfully woke up the tan dog. Her eyes shot open and an overwhelming amount of energy coursed through her, jumping up and running over his figure to rush out of the room. "OoF-" He let out when her weight came upon him, massaging the area she had landed before sitting upright. Dark, it was nighttime already.

"Jakey~ Baby~" Sunghoon whined, still holding onto the side that Layla decided to use as a launchpad off of the bed. The older didn't wake up and instead stirred before turning to face away from him, letting out a sound he could determine as frustration. "ɪᴛ ғᴇᴇʟs ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ... ʏᴜᴘ! ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ʀɪɢʜᴛ~" Jake whispered in his sleep, Sunghoon only laughing again. His arms moved as well, a hand going to move his hair and the other scratching at his neck before he settled again. How he was adorable even while sleeping, Sunghoon had no idea.

Sunghoon sighed out before calling out to Layla, making various noises with his mouth and hands before she came running in. Jumping onto the bed, Sunghoon smiled when she made a beeline for the spot right beside him. With a hand petting her, he reached over to fix the blanket to cover Jake, making sure he wouldn't fall off the side of the bed.

"Jake seems to be having a good dream, look at him" Sunghoon cooed, Layla tilted her head from confusion. He knew very well that she couldn't understand Korean but he still spoke, not sure what to do with Jake asleep. "ʟᴀʏʟᴀ!... ᴡᴏᴀᴊsᴊᴀᴋ, sᴜɴɢʜᴏᴏɴ!" Jake was speaking complete nonsense in his sleep and Sunghoon only tried his best not to break out in laughter, putting his free hand over his mouth to muffle his laughs which were getting louder as he watched Jake.

"He's dreaming about us," The black-haired male stated and looked down at Layla who looked back, licking at his hand. The older stirred again, this time turning to face them. His hair was all in his face, nose scrunched before relaxing, and his lips curled to smile. Sunghoon reached and pushed his bangs out of his face, putting whatever cooperated off to the side. The small male made a little noise which made him take his hand away, clearing his throat.

"Isn't he adorable? You live with the cutest human alive" Sunghoon ranted on, his body turned toward Layla. Both of his hands worked through her soft fur as she moved to rest her head on one of his thighs. Jake's eyes slowly opened, taking in the situation in front of him. From his view, he could only smile even wider to see the heartwarming scene of his two favorite things in the world.

"I value him so much, I don't know what to do" Sunghoon mumbled, putting a hand up to his chest, over his heart. Jake swore his heart sped up, it probably would beat out of his chest at this rate. "He's perfect, he's so kind, caring, smart, talented... I don't deserve him Layla" Jake didn't know if he wanted to laugh or cry at the fact he was ranting to his dog about his feelings, he thought he should cry. Tears were threatening to fall anyways.

"I don't think so, I don't deserve you Sunghoon" Jake spoke softly, Sunghoon's head whipping back. "Jake," Sunghoon began. The younger turned around to face Jake, a hand flying up to his neck to rub it. "Wait, are you crying?" He noticed the older's eyes dwelling with tears, one already had escaped and was making its way down his cheek. But Sunghoon was quick to pull Jake up gently before bringing him into his arms, rubbing his back. "Baby, why are you crying?"

Jake was speechless, he didn't even know why he was crying. Was it because of what Sunghoon said or possibly was it because he truly didn't think he deserved Sunghoon? He wasn't sure but he allowed a few more tears to fall down from his eyes, whimpering softly. "Don't cry, don't cry Jake" Sunghoon comforted. Even Layla seemed concerned as she removed herself from Sunghoon to rest her head on Jake's leg, eyes staring up at her owner.

"I-I don't know why I'm crying. I'm sorry" Jake apologized with a wavering voice. Sunghoon wasn't sure what it was but the sound of Jake's voice, his beautiful brown eyes that were full of so much emotion, or how Jake's lip quivered slightly but he was sure to hug him tightly. "Don't apologize. It's fine whatever it is," Jake began to calm down, taking in deep breaths to relaxing his heart which was still beating quickly. "Was it because of what I said?" Sunghoon asked, backing away to examine Jake's face.

The younger brought the bangs away from Jake's face again with one hand as the other held onto his hand. The other didn't even dare to look up at his boyfriend, his emotions were all over the place. "I don't deserve you..." He said softly. "I don't deserve you..." He repeated, not only thinking Sunghoon didn't hear him the first time but so that he could convince himself. "Jake look at me," Sunghoon demanded, pushing his chin softly. The older finally looked up, showing off his puffy face and red features. "You deserve the world baby. I'm not sure what you're thinking but I'm so lucky to even have you. I'm lucky to have even met you," Jake's eyes darted back down, panicking even. "But—"

"I love you Sim Jaeyun, I love you so much"

. . .

3 / 23 / 21
22 : 43

My heart >< I hope you guys enjoyed :)
I wasn't planning on making anyone cry any time during this story but uh, here we are 0-0
- JAE -