~ 12 ~

— ☽ —

"Well, then class. Let's wrap up today's lesson, have a nice weeken—" Mrs. Hwang couldn't even finish her sentence before Sunghoon completely shut his computer, not wanting anything to do with whatever she was going to assign for homework. All that mattered at the moment was getting ready to see Jake for the first time. It was barely over 1:15 when Sunghoon was up off his chair and in his closet, rummaging through all of his clothes.

He was supposed to choose an outfit earlier this morning but who was he kidding, he woke up late and struggled to stay awake during math. What made him think he could get up and go through his clothes in the early morning hours. Sunghoon groaned and continued to push through all of his hoodies and shirts. It was still considered summer so he knew it wouldn't be smart to go outside with just a hoodie, it would be much too hot for that.

Instead, he grabbed a plain black hoodie and some jeans, examining them before pursing his lips together. He held them up to his body, staring at himself through the mirror. Suddenly, Sunghoon felt so overly conscious about everything. He wanted to wear the perfect outfit but he didn't know what to wear.

"Hey, Sunghoon do you have a whiteout?" Yeji walked into Sunghoon's room, glasses perched at the top of her head. She took some time to examine the older and squinted at him deeply. "Are you going out?" Yeji asked and plopped down onto his desk, taking note of his computer and all of the papers that laid on his desk. "Yeah I'm meeting up with my friend today" He answered softly but continued to look at himself through the mirror.

"You should wear darker-colored jeans if you want to wear that top." She pointed out and gazed down at the jeans Sunghoon held onto. The older thought for a little before nodded and throwing the shirt towards Yeji who scrambled to pick it up. "This one?" She nodded, anticipating for his jeans to be thrown but instead he placed them nicely on his desk.

"Where are you going?" The younger asked and placed the shirt nicely on top of the jeans, going back to sit on his chair. There was a little noise as Sunghoon accidentally dropped a hanger, picking it up quickly. "Well we're going to eat ramen and then go to ice skate" Sunghoon answered and reached to place the hanger back where it came from. "Aw, that sounds fun. I wish I could go out with my friends," She crossed her arms and pouted, watching as Sunghoon excitedly went through all of his jewelry.

"I suggest bringing a hoodie or something because you'll freeze in the ice rink" Yeji stated and stood up from the chair to plop onto her brother's bed. Sunghoon nodded but chuckled softly. "A little bit of an exaggeration but yes, I'm bringing a hoodie with me don't worry" Sunghoon held up a black hoodie that had a few small words written at the top chest and back of the hoodie.

"Welp, have fun I guess. I need to go do my homework" She pulled herself up from the bed and began to exit his room, pausing midway towards her room. "Wait I came here for white-out. Do you have some?" "Pfft, dummy. But yeah, it's over there"

— ☽ —

Sunghoon looked at himself once more in the mirror before wearily looking down at his phone. There displayed a few letters and numbers which signify Jake's address. Part of their plans was Sunghoon picking the older one up because his house was much closer to the place they wanted to eat at than Sunghoon's was. He almost convinced himself to tell Jake that he wasn't feeling good and that they needed to rain check their plans. But he shook his head and rushed out of his room before he could change his mind.

He said his goodbyes to his mom and sister before putting on a mask and exiting his house. Of course, he's gone out a few times since quarantine began but it was weird to think he was going to do something fun compared to the other times he went out. Other times he was dragged out to the grocery store and the most recent, being dragged to the doctor's office with Yeji for her yearly check-up. Sunghoon made sure to text Jake telling him that he was on his way before speeding up his steps in the direction of Jake's house.

— ☽ —

Sunghoon was just a few houses away from Jake's house and his heart didn't know what the word calm meant. His hands were shaking a little bit, his face was already red, and his breathing was a little staggered as he continued a constant speed towards the older's house. The mask on his face reminded him that Jake couldn't see his face completely, which he was sure to take note of when he was getting all flustered.

He slowed down slightly when Jake's house finally was in front of him, he gulped down his saliva before knocking at the front door. A bark could immediately be heard. Layla~~ Sunghoon unconsciously bounced one of his legs up and down from anxiousness as he bit his bottom lip nervously.

The door flew open and there stood Jake. A mask was already over his mouth but Sunghoon could feel just how broadly he was smiling through the mask. As much as he wanted to pay Jake's head at the moment, Sunghoon waved back when Jake waved at him.

"Hello, Sunghoon!!" Jake exclaimed and jumped from excitement. Layla was behind him, being held back by another male who just smiled kindly towards Sunghoon. "Hello there, it's nice to meet you" Jaehyuk, Jake's brother greeted and bowed his head slightly. (Jaehyuk's here as well ☝️😙) "Good afternoon, it's nice to meet you as well"

"Well then, let's go Sunghoon!!"

. . .

2 / 25 / 21
01 : 15

Kind of a double update? Haha uhhh not quite their 'hangout' yet 😅 But I'm alive yALL :P I hope you guys are excited for their little fun hangout >< I really appreciate all of you who vote and comment so much <33
- JAE