~ 27 ~

— ☽ —

"Hello!" Yeji greeted excitedly, standing up from her chair. Her eyes were fixated on the shorter male behind her brother, smiling widely at him. She looked at their mother before nodding towards Sunghoon. "H-hi! I'm Sim Jaeyun but I go by Jake" Jake introduced himself, making sure to bow towards them. Yeji did the same while Mrs. Park bowed slightly in her chair. "It's nice to meet you, Jake! I've heard a lot about you from Sunghoon. Sit, don't feel so awkward towards us!" Mrs. Park exclaimed and grabbed onto Jake's hand gently, guiding him towards the seat in front of Yeji.

He nodded and sat down in the brown-painted chair, examining the young teen in front of him. Yeji was still looking at him, smiling widely. She sent a little wave towards the older before sitting down in her chair. "I'm Yeji, it's nice to meet you!" Yeji said. Her personality was very bright and the look in her eyes made Jake coo, she seemed very happy. Sunghoon sat down as well, eyeing his mother and sister who were unknowingly staring at Jake.

"Guys, you'll make him even more nervous if you keep staring" Sunghoon stated flatly, patting Jake on the back. The small male was nervously looking down at the plate in front of him, only looking up when he felt Sunghoon tap his back. Mrs. Park was quick to look away but Yeji still was looking at Jake. "I-is there something w-wrong?" Jake stuttered while looking back at Yeji. The teen shook her head and pointed towards Jake, making a thumbs up with her other hand.

"Your boyfriend is very handsome Sunghoon" Yeji admitted plainly, signaling towards Jake's face. The older blushed while Sunghoon shook his head, putting his index finger up to his lips. Yeji's eyes widened while she slowly turned her head towards their mother. "Wait, you guys are dating now?" Mrs. Park asked with her mouth open, looking over at Jake. "Y-yeah, I was going to tell you but I was a bit nervous" Sunghoon explained with his hands planted on his lap, clenching onto his pants. "Why? I think you guys look cute together~" Mrs. Park stated matter-of-factly and sent a little grin to her son.

"Well let's eat. I'm sure you guys must be hungry" She said before they all began to dig in. It was silent with small conversations between the Park family, Jake staying quiet while he filled his stomach with food. "So Jake, what are your interests?" Yeji asked, noticing how quiet he was the whole ten minutes they were eating. "Well, I play the violin and soccer. I-I don't really play soccer anymore and I haven't touched my violin since the beginning of quarantine" Jake answered with a small smile on his face, softening his expression a lot.

Sunghoon smiled to himself as he noticed Jake was beginning to relax, even smiling wider with every word he spoke towards Yeji. "Really, that's cool! Violin? You must be good, I need to see one day" Yeji said and Jake nodded. "Yeah, I'll definitely show you one day. Though, I've probably gotten a little rusty... Maybe I can show you videos later" Jake laughed to himself, Mrs. Park and Yeji smiled when they heard the noise come out of Jake's mouth. "Wh-what about you Yeji? What are you interested in?" Jake asked back which shocked the younger.

"Hm I don't really do much. I study a lot so I don't really have time to do any extra curricular activities" Yeji admitted with a nervous laugh, running her left hand over her right arm. "But I love to watch dramas, hehe" The younger said cheekily. Jake laughed as well, nodding. "I watch a lot too! Recently though, not much time since I was studying as well" Jake answered back. Sunghoon wasn't even eating anymore, he was busy looking at his boyfriend and younger sister in adoration. He was smiling to himself, loving how close they were getting already. Sunghoon could feel himself blushing.

— ☽ —

"Oh! I found a video, want to see?" Jake asked, his phone in hand. The three teenagers sat in the living room, the only adult in the kitchen cleaning up. They finished eating a while ago and planned to watch a movie before going to bed. So, Jake made it a priority to find a video of himself to show Yeji. The youngest excitedly took the seat beside Jake, getting closer to see Jake's phone.

Jake hit play and the sound of a violin sounded throughout the living room. In the video, Jake was wearing a nice suit immersed in playing the instrument held in his arms. He had both of his eyes closed for a few seconds before he looked down at the sheet in front of him, his hand still moving to make a beautiful melody. It seemed like Jake was practicing, no one to be seen but him in the video. After a few minutes, the video came to an end and the two Park siblings looked at Jake with their mouth and eyes wide open.

"Ahem, you've never shown me this before!" Sunghoon looked offended while peering over Jake's shoulder, still staring at the video. "That was so cool, aHH." Yeji exclaimed and shook Jake slightly. "Yup, my Jakey is so talented~" Sunghoon bragged, putting his arm around Jake. Yeji just rolled her eyes at Sunghoon before looking at Jake would was still rewatching the video. "I really miss playing..." Jake sighed, turning his phone back off. "Then you should, I think you'll still have all of the skills you had before. Plus, it's only been around 7 months, I'm sure you can build up what you lost over that time" Yeji said while standing up and going to get the remote off of the counter, sitting back down.

"Enough with that, let's watch a movie"

. . .

3 / 15 / 21
20 : 50

GUYS ENHYPEN & HI IS COMING SOON AHHHH
I'm so excited >< Hope you enjoyed <3
- MINA -