~ 15 ~

— ☽ —

"Look! I'm good at skating aren't I?" Jake said excitedly, with his hands at his hips. He had the proudest smile on his face but Sunghoon couldn't quite see it. The older was currently holding on tightly to the skating aid, moving at a very slow pace. Sunghoon only chuckled and nodded slowly. "You're doing amazing Jakey"

Jake giggled and continued to slowly pick up speed, trying his best to keep up with Sunghoon who slowly skated around him. While waiting for Jake to catch up, the younger would sway along to the music that played in the background. It was nice and cold inside the ice rink which relieved them from the hot temperatures outside.

"I'm going to try without this" Jake stated and pushed it off to the side along the wall. He had a sort of determined face as he held onto the wall for support as he let go of the aid. Sunghoon just nodded and made sure he stayed close to Jake. You never know what could happen.

The older moved his feet forward, then his other. He successfully let go of the wall without falling over, cheering excitedly. "I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" Jake exclaimed and put his arms in the air to celebrate. Truly, he probably only made it a few steps away from the wall but who was Sunghoon to rain on his parade. Plus, it was cute to see the older cheer at his little accomplishments.

"Feel free to hold onto me whenever you feel unstable Jake" Sunghoon said softly and gave a little pat on the older's head. There was a little scream from the other side of the rink from one of the younger teenagers. She fell on her butt with her other friends laughing loudly at her. "I don't want that to happen to you" Sunghoon joked and gestured towards the little girl on the floor, earning a soft slap on his shoulder. "That's mean, Hoonie"

But he was beginning to get more and more confident with every time he pushed his foot forwards against the ice. The sound of the blade across the ice made Jake excited as he wasn't struggling too much to stay up straight. Yes, there were moments where he almost fell backward but that was beside the point, he was getting better.

"You know Sunghoon, you can do your own thing! You don't need to stay by my side the whole time, I know you must want to do some tricks" Jake looked up at the black-haired male, his eyes turning into little crescents. "Are you sure? What if you fall and I'm not there to catc—" "I'm sure Hoonie, go ahead. Plus I want to see you skate, you must look really cool" Jake reassures with his hands both up in little fists.

Sunghoon nodded and waited for the older to safely make it to the wall before he skated outwards. There was a certain look in his eyes that Jake never saw before as the younger slowly began to skate around, speeding up at times. He stretched his arms out and began to do little hops across the ice. Jake was already amazed when Sunghoon would do small spins, he sure would be surprised when Sunghoon did even more.

The younger slowly began to do more and more tricks across the ice, Jake excitedly watching from afar. Sunghoon gained the biggest smile on his face as he noticed the excitement from Jake, trying his best to show the very best things he could do on the ice. It made Sunghoon feel free whenever he was skating for fun. Sure, he's skated competitively for years and enjoyed it. But it feels much better to skate when HE wants to, not because he has to try his best to win a competition. Anyways this whole skating thing started because he really enjoyed it as a hobby so it only made sense that it was a little uncomfortable to do it for competition and to win.

Jake was saying many cheers with his arms waving in the air. Oh, Sunghoon wished he could hear but he was much too far to hear clearly what the older was saying. When the raven-haired male thought he did enough he made his way back towards Jake. The older was eagerly gesturing towards him with a very wide smile that could be seen, even through his mask.

"Wowowow! You looked really cool out there!!" Jake exclaimed and shook Sunghoon's shoulder gently, his voice getting higher and higher from excitement. "Thank you. Now come on, let's skate together" Sunghoon held out a hand towards Jake, eyes melting into the smaller's. "I'm still a bit scared... But o-okay, I'll try my best to keep up!"

That's one thing Sunghoon likes about Jake's personality. He was up to try new things and was very optimistic whenever it came to trying his best. Jake interlocked his fingers with Sunghoon's and followed along with the younger slowly. The taller thought the little furrow of Jake's eyebrows while he focused on his feet to make sure he didn't mess up his steps was adorable. He was really trying his best to not fall down.

"Can you go a little faster than this speed?" Sunghoon asked and turned around to face Jake, moving backward across the ice. They were already moving at a decent pace, unlike Jake from before, but Sunghoon thought it would be fun to try and go a little faster. Jake hummed before looking up at Sunghoon to nod. There was a little moment of preparation before Sunghoon began to glide across the ice at a faster pace. It wasn't too fast but it made Jake excited that he was able to follow along.

But just as they were beginning to get used to their new pace, Jake turned one of his feet too early and panicked. Without warning, the older quickly fell to the ground with a little grunt. Sunghoon's eyes widened, being dragged along to the floor with Jake. They both laid on the floor, on their back, staring up at the ceiling. Jake and Sunghoon slowly turned their heads to face each other before Jake began to speak. "Did we just fall down?" "Yup"

They began to laugh together.

. . .

2 / 27 / 21
22 : 30

I was writing when I suddenly got the urge to watch a kdrama. So, I began to watch Love Revolution and let me just say, I actually really like it so far. There were parts where I felt so much second-hand embarrassment but y'all should try to watch it some time! Ahem, I really hope it had a good ending-
- MINA -