~ 8 ~

— ☽ —

Sunghoon pulled his hoodie over his head and discarded it into the laundry basket beside him. It's way too hot nowadays. It was Monday morning and unfortunately, it was already hot. Every movement he made, made him want to curl back up in bed and fall back asleep.

After spending a lot of the weekend FaceTiming Jake, they finally hung up and parted ways. I mean what was the point? They'd see each other in math and English but they thought they needed some time for themselves, even if it was a couple of hours. It was dreadful having to see Jake's face disappear from his view but he enjoyed whatever time they spent together.

"Yeji wake up," Sunghoon called and shook his sister gently. Their mother was already at work and weirdly enough, Yeji wasn't awake yet. If Sunghoon could say for himself, his sister was definitely the smart one out of the two. She was the more reliable sibling as well. She always did what was told, got straight-As, and often had to look after Sunghoon as if he was the younger one. Yeji woke up early although she'd spend some time during the night studying. And today, she wasn't awake like usual. It weirded Sunghoon out. Slowly, Yeji got up and silently made her way to get ready. Even she probably thought the situation was awkward.

"You know I heard you and your... friend talking at 2 am. You guys were so loud, I couldn't sleep" Yeji said from the bathroom. "It doesn't sound like Jay. Did you make a new friend?" She added, popping her head out of the bathroom with a toothbrush in her hand. "Yeah, his name is Jake... Sorry, I didn't know I was making a lot of noise. You could've just told me and I would've been quiet" His sister quickly shrugged and disappeared into the bathroom again. "You were having fun so, I decided to let you go."

— ☽ —

It was time again for math class. Sunghoon didn't know if he hated or loved the class after finding out Jake was in his class. He couldn't even lie, the only reason why he understood what was going on in the class was that Jake taught him privately on Saturday. Besides having Jake's help to understand math, Sunghoon was pretty good at every subject. Wasn't the best, but he passed all his classes with good enough grades. It was just having online classes that made his grades go downhill.

He watched the clock tick and his alarm—which always signified it was time to join class—go off, going to join the meeting. Math, oh how much he dreaded going, yet he still had some excitement left in him. After joining, his eyes immediately landed upon the older male. Even Jake seemed to notice the younger join class and smiled.

Just those two days and getting to know each other proved to be enough for the two to become close. There was still a lot left to learn about each other but, it was nice having somebody new to talk to. At least for Sunghoon, he didn't need to cling onto Jay anymore.

"Good morning everyone" Ms. Im greeted with a slight bow. Everyone else either bowed back or greeted their teacher in the chat, she seemed very please by their actions and smiled back at them. Sunghoon as well waved but quickly went back to looking at Jake, he still was smiling and could hear his little giggle even though he was muted.

<33

Jakey :)

Pfft, you look funny 😃

Wow bullying me early in the morning aren't we? 😗

Haha YES >:)))