30

“Only twice a day… huh?!” I cried.

I’m shocked there are only two charges. What the heck?! Even though it’s our ace card, it has such limitations!

“Didn’t I mention that before?” Yusha asked. “Sorry!” she cries as she presses her palms together and bows repeatedly.

No, I can’t blame Yusha for this, however…

“You can’t use them anymore today, right?” I asked.

“Ah, yeah,” Yusha said. “I can’t…”

That means… we’re going to be in serious trouble with over 40 minutes left in this forest.

“Can you use regular magic?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Yusha said, “I can still use Fire or Thunder.”

So she can still use lower-tier magic? I suppose Yusha’s Sacred Magic is so ludicrously powerful that I should have expected it would have limits.

“I’m sorry…” Yusha said, “I could use it several times a day if I were stronger but I’m still only able to do it twice…”

“Don’t be so hard on yourself!” I said. “You’re amazing because you can use it twice, Yusha!’

“She’s right,” Shilde said as she puts an arm around Yusha’s shoulders and nods at her. “Be proud of that!”

Hrm…. I want to be in her position!

“You should have confidence, Yusha!” Hira says. “At the very least, you’re much stronger than I am…”

Hira’s praise is genuine but comes at the cost of her pride. I think she’s incredible in her own right thanks to her support magic but she doesn’t seem to feel the same way.

“… Thank you, everyone!” Yusha said. “Al-right! I’ll become an even more amazing Hero and be able to use Sacred Magic many more times a day in a day! ☆”

Yusha’s back to her usual cheerful, sunny self. Yes, I like this Yusha because she’s cute… but I can’t think about something so embarrassing right now!

“Right then, let’s march forward with caution!” I said.

Everyone cheers in response.

As long as she can still use regular spells, we don’t have to change formation. To be honest, I was thinking of relying solely on Sacred Magic, but I’ll have to think about joining in the offense in the future.

It’s been 30 minutes since training started. I think about half of the parties have dropped out based on the sounds of firecrackers going off. With such strong monsters around, it was only expected.

Fortunately, we haven’t encountered anything other than metal spiders so far. If things keep going like this…

“Shaah!”

… And because I thought that, a monster has come out. This is entirely on me, I raised that Flag myself. 1

It’s a snake-like monster and it’s color green… a Green Snake! They’re quite dangerous as they’re extremely venomous.

“Shilde, put a shield up and keep it up. Hira, support her. Watch out for venom!”

“Got it! Shield!” “R-Roger! Boost!”

This is our countermeasures against its venom. Now, we have to something about our attack. The Green Snake is tough like the sturdy tree root it’s wrapped around. In short… this is going to be tough. Its scales can’t be cut by a cheap sword, so I and Yusha will have to fire spells at it to kill it.

“Yusha, let’s fire magic together?” I asked.

“Okay!” Yusha replied. “3, 2, 1…”

“Fire!”

We shoot off flames at the same time… or so it seemed, our timing was a little off! Because of that…

“Shaah!”

Oh no… it didn’t work.

“… Yusha, let’s match our breathing,” I said. “I trust in you.”

“Understood!” Yusha said. “I 120% trust in you, too, Lily!”

We synchronize our breathing. Then, I use my right hand to hold Yusha’s left hand.”

“3, 2, 1…”

Count simultaneously. Now… let’s go!

“Fire!”

Two balls of flame shoot it. They spiral around each other as they fly… they’ve become a “Twin Fire!” Go!

“Shyaaah?!”

The green snake lets out a death cry. Alright!

“We did it, Lily~!” Yusha hums. “That was breathtaking!”

“Yeah,” I said. “We were really good just now. Let’s keep this up.”

I was able to hold hands with Yusha~! Isn’t it great?

If you like my work, I would appreciate it if you’d consider supporting me on Kofi.

“Flags” are conditions to trigger events or battles in games. In this case, it’s similar to the saying “Tempting Fate” where you shouldn’t think or say something that feels too optimistic or you’ll invite disaster on yourself.