43

“Woohoo!” Yusha cried. “It’s a total victory!”

Well, it’s as Yusha says, a total victory. We managed to secure our win by defeating the tanks and cleaning up the remaining offenses. It went extremely well for us!

“Everyone did a nice job!” I said. “Especially you, Hira, good support!”

I make sure to encourage her as she was a bit depressed yesterday. But, I am still praising her for a job well done.

“T-Thank you very much!” Hira stammered.

Yep, yep, things are starting to look up for us.

“Al-right!” Yusha said. “We’ll fight our way to the championship!”

“Ouu!” the rest of us cry.

We return to the real world shortly after. It’s time for us to watch the games from there.

Everyone has their eyes glued on the monitor. They’re taking it unexpectedly seriously!

But every other party is so similar. I’m getting tired of watching them. There are Tanks, Offenses, and sometimes Supports. Though… I’m not in a position to say that since we’re the same.

… And just as I was thinking that:

“Who is that girl?!” someone yelled. “Was she in the first round?”

“She was there but she didn’t do much… I think,” someone replies.

The children from the other classes and the match’s other party begin to raise a fuss. It was to be expected since the screen is showing a girl shaving off her opponent’s HP one after another with a bow and arrows.

“An Archer?” Shilde says. “That’s rare.”

As she said, few people focus their attacks on bows and arrows, as your defensive power is almost 0.

“That’s amazing, wasn’t it?” Shilde cried. “That was a 100 shots!”

“I’m a bit… scared,” Hira muttered.

What frightened her was probably the archer’s face. Without so much as her eyebrows moving, she silently fires arrows and shaves off her enemies’ HP. It’s like a routine task for her.

Eventually, her arrows brought down the opponent’s tank, and then she touched her fellow offense like she was passing a baton. The girl started observing with her arms folded behind her back and without so much as a change in her stony expression. It didn’t seem to her if her companions brought them victory.

“Amazing…” Yusha said, “but they don’t look like they’re enjoying themselves.”

It was an honest and straightforward impression.

“Fufu… isn’t it?” I said. “I’m sure you’ll be able to face them in time, Yusha.”

“Wh-What do you mean by that?” Yusha stammers.

I don’t reply that it was supposed to be something like a <3. I keep that inside my chest. It’d be embarrassing to say.

“Y-You mean we’re going to face that party in the finals…?” Hira asked.

“Exactly, just like a tournament,” I said.

I couldn’t measure how strong that Archer was with her current opponents. I have no doubts she deserves most of my attention in the coming days.

Afterward, the matches continued smoothly, and the top 8 were decided.

“I’m home~!” I said.

“Welcome home, Princess~<3!”

Yep! After that, when I’m completely exhausted, Ascena is the best cure!

“Woohoo, woohoo~!”

“Kyah! Princess?!”

“We won, Ascena~!” I said as I hugged her and patted her head.

“Congratulations, Princess~!” Ascena said. “Just 3 more matches~!”

“Your lunch box today was a lot more involved and delicious than usual!” I said.

“Yes~!” Ascena said. “I made it with three times the usual amount of love <3!”

Aah… I wonder if I should marry Ascena already. It’s not bad at all… but Yusha’s smile never leaves my mind! Perhaps I’m the worst… I fell in love with Yusha at first sight yet continue to be spoiled by Ascena.

“I’m a bad girl…” I muttered at a low voice I thought was too soft to hear…

“Princess, have this!”

“Eh?!”

I was forcibly put onto a lap pillow…!

“Eh, wait, what?!” I stammered.

“At home… when you’re before me, it doesn’t matter if you’re an incompetent princess or a sloppy princess. You’re a good girl, a good girl,” Ascena says as she strokes my head as it’s resting on her lap.

… Is this girl a mom?

“Thank you, Ascena,” I said. I get up slowly and…

“If you tell me you can’t do it, I’ll do everything for you~!” Ascena said. “And now, ear-cleaning courtesy of me!”

“… Yes! Understood~!” I hum.

I play the reliable leader at school. But I wonder… at home, is it okay to just be a useless layabout…?