44

After that day… we kept on winning. In the Top 8 matches, no one lost any HP, and although Shilde suffered some damage in the semi-finals, we won without any risk of losing. And now… it’s the day of the finals! As I thought, we were facing that party led by that archer.

“Uuu…” Hira moans. “I’m nervous…”

Now that there’s only one match in the finals, it’s back to classroom lectures all morning. It’s not only Hira but Yusha and Shilde telling me that they’re nervous, too. And I’m probably no exception, either.

Maybe because we were heading into the finals, the reactions of our classmates have changed. Students who’ve never spoken to me at length before come by to say, “Do your best!” It’s especially prominent with the students who lost to that archer’s party.

Even for someone like me, I can’t focus on today’s lectures. I’ll have to review this later.

“Gah~!” Shilde shouted. “I can’t be nervous or out of my game!

It was a lunchtime. To be fair… we are going to have to put on a show.

“It can’t be helped,” I said. “It’s normal to be nervous. I suppose the most important thing is to keep it in moderation…?”

“Moderation… moderation…” Hira mutters.

“You’re shaking a lot, Hira,” I said.

I can see her vibrating up to the chopsticks in her hands. I wonder if this is going to be fine…

“I feel like I always do!” Yusha said.

… Well, it’s Yusha so I believe her but we don’t have that unfailing optimism. I’m usually so nervous about these things.

I have to show everyone that I’m as normal as possible. Yesterday, Ascena spoiled me at home, and I’ll manage to get through this with the energy I gained from that!

… And as I was eating my food, the classroom started getting noisy? I wonder what’s… I look back…

“That archer…!”

The long-haired girl we’ll be facing in the finals crosses our classroom to our desks.

“What is it…?” I asked.

I’m terrified of her just silently standing before us…

The girl glances at me, Hira, and Shilde, then looks away from us. Then… she casts a sharp glare at Yusha.

“… Huh?” she gasps as she sees it.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you,” she says. “My name is Arsha. Aren’t you the daughter of a Legendary Hero?”

“Ah, yeah,” Yusha said. “That’s right…”

“I was saved by one of them when I was little,” Arsha says. “So you’re her daughter…”

She looks like she’s trying to see everything about Yusha. Everyone around us has no choice but to deal with this surreal scene.

“I’ve watched your matches so far but you’ve yet to play a significant part since your Sacred Magic was sealed…” Arsha says. “I think you should be more aware that you’re the daughter of a Legendary Hero.”

“Eh…” Yusha gasps.

“What?! Is that all you were going to say?” Shilde yell. “We’re winning the finals, anyway, so can you just go away?!”

That was an unforgivable insult to Yusha. Right now, I’m holding back Shilde, but I wanted to hit Arsha, too.

“… Yusha is Yusha no matter whose daughter she is,” I said. “There’s no need for you to say anything like that.”

“Ah, that’s right, you’re the field leader,” Arsha said. It must be awkward…”

What is she implying…?

“Bitch… you’ll pay for that!” Shilde barked.

“Shilde, be patient,” I said. “We’re winning the finals, anyway.”

“… It seems I’m not welcome here,” Arsha said. “Excuse me.”

She walks out of the classroom without another word nor worrying about who’s looking at her… what is with her?”

“Yusha, don’t worry about her,” I said. “We know you’re doing your best.”

“Y-Yeah…” Yusha mutters.

She doesn’t have her usual smile… Hira looks like she’s in tears and Shilde is so angry she lost control. We’ve been doing well so far but… I’m just letting her get to us. If that was her goal… I’ll never forgive you, Arsha!